Used 1990 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Gets funner with tuning
By Samir

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My first car and by far the best car my family has ever owned. Its been in 4 accidents totaled twice and I can still push it. It's easy to work on and get better performance with the abundance of aftermarket parts. I had mine repainted but it got scratched so the old white paint still shines new. With $50 in suspension worth it handles like a BMW. Comfort wise comparable to a Benz. I will be very, very, very sad when I sell her to get something newer.

Favorite Features

Reliability, horspower, tunability, performance, comfort, and anything in between.

Suggested Improvements

A/C is the only problem with older Accords, they die. Also not a good idea to run stock brakes when driving hard. Finally get rid of the speed govoner, stops at 112MPH.

great car
By pete reno

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 120,000 miles. It now has 150,000 I have replaced the clutch, radiator and cv joints.It runs flawlessly! doesn't burn or leak any oil!!handles great. The transmission is tight as is the rest of the car. Avg 25-27 mpg city, 33-36 highway. When can I buy a diesel Accord!! I owned a 2000 jetta tdi nothing but problems!!! This car at 15 years old is a much better vehicle than the brand new vw.

Favorite Features

ac rocks!!!! handles great. Paint is very durable.

Suggested Improvements

Please someone tell honda to start selling the cdti diesel in the U.S.!!

High Mileage Honda
By Honda Lover

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Sept 1990 right out of college. 15 years later, it still takes me on long journeys reliably. I still get over 30 miles/gallon. Yes, the mileage is correct at 440,400.

Favorite Features

It has the original engine as well as clutch. It has been the most dependable car I have owned or driven.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioner could be colder but otherwise excellent car

Still a top 4 cylinder car
By clarkfball101

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Even in the year 2005 the 2.2L engine is still one of the best on the road. Excellent choice for a first car for a teen. Car can go from one side of the country to the other.

Favorite Features

Simplicity of repair and customizing. Very basic layout. Gauges, and thumb controls on passenger doors.

Suggested Improvements

Wet trunk, cup holders, split rear seats, radio heater position

Fantastic automobile!
By BamaFlum

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car brand new and I inherited it. It now has 136k and I love it! Fit and finish are top notch. We've replaced the CV boots, the clutch cylinders, rotors, and done routine maintenance to keep it going. I'm going to replace the shocks and springs next and hopefully it will take me another 136k. All three of my kids fit in the back (albeit snug!). For a car that is 15 years old, it is great. If my wife would let me and we had the money, I would drop in an JDM h22a (Prelude engine) and that would solve the power issue! Great car and highly recommended for a used car, especially for a teenager's first car.

Favorite Features

Fanatastic clutch, handling is very good, gas mileage, good torque at the low range, nice size car (not too big and not too small), reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Some interior finish elements are peelings (hey it is 15 years old!), high end power could be better (Japanese and Europeans got a better engine in their Accords), power antenna broke a long time ago, power windows are really slow, and tail lights let in water (going to replace those this month).