1990 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda is good, when it runs
By rubrenbear on 05/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from a friend 2 years ago. The first few months of owning the car were not spent driving it. The car needed costly repairs such as timing belts, battery changed 3 times, ignitor switch, starter and alternator. Once fixed it stopped entirely. It was towed to the nearest shop but nothing was wrong. An hour later, we tried starting it and it magically was fine! Arrg! I've had this car 2 years and it almost feels like I'm making monthly payment on this car.

Man, this car was awful.
By LemonHonda on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I had an immeasurable amount of trouble with this car. I had oil leaks from three seperate spots, a broken resonating thinger (chamber? I forget, but it made a heck of a lot of noise). My muffler broke off a piece and spat it back into the pipe, I had a leaky trunk (compounded by a faulty drain, making a huge puddle), I had to replace the mesh part of the exhaust pipe, had to replace the clutch, had a torn CV boot, improper idling, broken reverse gear, had a blown head gasket, and had a massive problem with the radiator (which I did not fix before getting rid of the car). All this at 115k miles and proper maintenance.

so far so good
By sweetcheeks on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 123,000 on it, now has 176,000 and the problems are starting to occur, which I guess should be expected at such high miles. Things I have had to fix in the last year. 1. had to install new speed sensor. 2. alternator had to be replaced. 3. front cv joints. Power drivers window no longer works. Seems to be some problem with the electrical system, I am constantly putting new bulbs in brake, side marker and parking lights. Power locks, sometimes car will lock when shutting door, always have spare keey!! Lots of front end noise although I have had it inspected and there is nothing wrong! All in all though this has been an excellent reliable car.

Best Value On The Road
By HPS on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I'm the original owner of my Honda; purchased with just 6 miles on the odometer, it now has over 122K. The car has been an oustanding vehicle. I was so satisifed I bought a second, new Honda Accord in 2000. If Honda continues to keep up the quality and value, I will be a Honda owner for life.

Hate to sell it
By bobby24j on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought it new for my wife. It's been the best car I've ever owned, which includes Buick, Chevrolets, Fords, Chrysler, Nissan and a few others. I've never had a major mechanical problem...only routine maintenance, including oil/filter changes every 3,000 miles. It's got about 116,000 miles on it and drives like new. My wife wants a new car just because 'she wants a new car' (go figure...it's a genetic femaie thing). When that happens, I might just keep our '90 Accord because I like it so much.

LoveMyHonda!
By Gladi B Oughtahonda on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I never owned a Honda until 1991; I bought a 1990 w/15000 miles. I've never kept a car this long nor have I ever experienced such reliability and worry free ownership. I keep the oil changed and everything maintained and today it still rides and drives great! Most would not consider my 4 dr Accord an exciting car since it is a 4 cyl/auto. However, it is exciting to save all the money in repairs and gas prices and it's excitng to be able to save for the next car while still enjoying the one you have. It's no slug on the road either: it has more pick up than many 6 cyl I've driven. I'm no pokey driver! Even the air doesn't bog it down.

Impeccable quality
By J M on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have loved my Accord. I purchased the car used in 1993 because of its reputation for reliabilty. (Anything would be a step up from a Chevy Lumina). The Honda did not disappoint. The car now has more than 261,000 miles, with the original engine, transmission, clutch. The car just keeps going and going. Regular, obsessive maintenance is important. The car may be bland, but my wallet is happy. All are surprised that the car looks and acts younger than it is. Sadly, I have decided to sell it -- I purchased a used Acura RL with 132,000 mile, half the miles of my Accord. Shall I be as lucky?!?

Reliable even if it is a little dull...
By wester on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

These cars tend to have a rust problem at the front of the rear wheel wells. Power could be better, but it runs every day.

Great Car 175000 miles and still countin
By apollo1010 on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

One of the best cars I have ever bought.Great to drive. Good road holding. Goo gas mileage. Very low maintainence cost. Only the brakes hads to be changed quite frequently - used to live in the hills of WV. Will buy it again without a doubt.

Old Reliable
By Carl Schlanger on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car is one of three Honda Accords I currently own -- 1990, 1992, and 1993. Among them, I'm nearing the 500,000 mile mark. I don't hesitate to repair or replace any part that fails because it happens so seldom and my mechanic gives me a lifetime warranty on any work he does. Transmissions are tough, engines last forever. Those assemblers in Marysville, Ohio really know what they're doing!