Used 1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Still loving it
By kimmo

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought new as a demo. Even after 18 years with it being stolen twice, almost totaled once and with two other accidents, this car is super dependable. The exterior, interior, and engine have all held up well with regular maintenance. New radiator, three batteries, two brake jobs, a couple of power steering repairs from leaks, CVs, a new gas tank (service stripped plug!) plus maintenance is about all this car has cost me. I can't justify anything newer as this one keeps going & going and she still looks awesome! I use my AAA for my friend's newer car troubles. I can't believe I get offers from others now to buy my car. I think it has turned into a classic.

AC. Good fuel economy. Drives fast. Easy to maintain (time & money!) Still feels sporty and doesn't really look all that dated for age.

I wish my trunk didn't leak and my rear lamps didn't have water in them either. I've tried many things to fix but to no avail.

Hard to do better
By beyelie

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Original owner. The most reliable car ever owned. 249,000 after 18 years. The manual transmission makes it more fun to drive and squeezes the most out of its adequate power. Has original clutch. Fuel mileage superb; average 30+.

Reliability, reliability, reliability. Inexpensive to own and operate. Excellent 4 cylinder engine.

Seat belts are awkward but that is not Honda's fault. Thank the Feds.

Good car
By lyndsicagle

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I enjoy this car as a around town type of vehicle but not for long trip travel. I use it for just random errands and haven't had any serious problems with it yet.

My favorite features are the cruise control and the sport control.

Better looking interior and a not so narrow look to it.

17 years and still going strong
By Todd

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Accord for almost 4 years now. I have had nothing but excellent service from this car. My honda has 324,000 miles on it and I am still getting around 25 mpg. It may be old, and not as stylish as the newer ones, but with gas so high, I will not be getting rid of this car anytime soon.

Love the gas mileage, like the acceleration of a car this old and with this many miles, fun to drive.

Need to make sure the new ones don't rust around rear fender well.

Best car
By Hondafan24

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda brand new after getting out of high school with 12 miles. it now has 496,000 miles on it and when my son starts driving in a month it will be his. Great car original engine.

Reliable.. reliable.

None, great car, still looks good.