Used 1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

17 years and still going strong
By Todd

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Accord for almost 4 years now. I have had nothing but excellent service from this car. My honda has 324,000 miles on it and I am still getting around 25 mpg. It may be old, and not as stylish as the newer ones, but with gas so high, I will not be getting rid of this car anytime soon.

Favorite Features

Love the gas mileage, like the acceleration of a car this old and with this many miles, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Need to make sure the new ones don't rust around rear fender well.

Best car
By Hondafan24

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda brand new after getting out of high school with 12 miles. it now has 496,000 miles on it and when my son starts driving in a month it will be his. Great car original engine.

Favorite Features

Reliable.. reliable.

Suggested Improvements

None, great car, still looks good.

17 years and still going well.
By Gerry

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '90 Accord LX after reading Consumers Report and I am my sooo glad I did. It's the most reliable car I have ever experienced. Always ready to go hot or cold freezing weather. I always feel safe and very comfortable in the driver seat as well as other seats when my wife would drive it. I would do the required schedule maintenance which was quite reasonable and never a surprise. I said I would keep it until it dies. It refuses to die so I'll just sell it and give some one else a go with it and get a new '08 Accord this fall. The last few years all I've paid for are gas, oil change and insurance. Sad goodbye!

Favorite Features

ALWAYS reliable. Never a surprise or failure. Fuel effiecent, comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Make this car in a 4 wheel drive and that runs on electric home plug-in charge battery.

16 years old and still runs near new
By Cruiser

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '90 Accord on the advice of one of the dealers mechanics. Good move on my part! After 16 years, except for usual maintenance, all I have done is had the auto transmission rebuilt ($1200)and a radiator ($250). I still get 28-32 mpg. Some of the clear coat has come loose, but the paint gets a good rating from me too. Mine was made in Japan, not USA manufactured. I don't think it makes a difference. Overall rating 9! Would I buy again? Yes (but you do get what you pay for). If you plan on keeping what you buy, this is a good deal; drive it 'til the wheels fall off. If you are going for flash and want to trade every few years, buy a Corvette.

Favorite Features

I like the seats,I am 5'10" 180# and it works well for me.

Suggested Improvements

Make the radio channel screen easier to see in the daylight

my winter beater
By jeremy bunker

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

great car it's rusting out running rough but for the 1000$ I paid for it I can't complain. they are easy to work on and great on gas.

Suggested Improvements

parts are pretty cheap because there are so many in junk yards