1990 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Oldie and goodie
By geoff on 02/04/05 02:56 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is the first car i've ever owned, and I am the third owner. I got it with about 124K miles on it and i've driven for about 1000 plus miles. I am very impressed, it doesn't look like a 15-year old car. I did have to replace the back brake pads, get it aligned and one of the CV joints needs replacing. However, that can wait...but this car was well-taken care of and with proper care can last another 15 years. It is a great car for a student or family on a budget and is a steal at the price of under $3000.

Best Purchase EVER!
By PMW on 01/20/05 17:56 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and never knew it would last almost 15 years! It just died at 324,000 miles, but if I could fix it myself I would keep it! Unfortunately the repair would be more expensive than the car. I kept up all the general maintenance and no real problems. I never had to replace the clutch!! How many car manufacturers can do that?!? This car was the best investment I have ever made and would gladly do it again! I will own another Honda!!!

Yes I'll have another Honda Thank You
By Douglas Berry on 01/10/05 00:24 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

By far the best running car I have ever owned, it never gives major problems always warns me if something needs attention and just keeps on going. Other than normal wear and tear on parts comp[onents etc. There has been no problem with this car.

Make it again & I'll buy it!
By Armes on 12/08/04 16:16 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have never had a more reliable car. The first owner svcd car well, and that matters. I am sad that Honda doesn't own or prevent common problems (like an $8 O-ring hold down bracket that could have saved my oil draining and getting all over my new timing belt) until too late. Private mechs had been adding the bracket when changing the belt for yrs! I asked about common problems at my last svc, and they mentioned radiators, but wouldn't let me spend the money that day. Sure enough, it started to leak, and I have a new one. Those are the ONLY 2 major repairs I have had in 6.5 year

My Favorite Car
By czarbo on 12/01/04 21:04 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have 227,000 on my Honda. It has served me well over the last few years. I have taken this car everywhere. I love the styling and the interior. I still think it is as modern and even better designed then some 2004 cars. 90% of my paint is gone but is still shows no signs of rust. This car has the unique ability to heal itself as problems that seemed to need repair - started to work again saving me much money. Truley a special car.

Old but still going
By ADS 1 on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 150000 km 7 years ago. Just passed the 304000 km mark. Repair frequency increasing over the last year, but understandable given age and mileage. The engine and transmission have not been touched beyond seal replacement. This old horse just keeps on going. I will never buy anything but a Honda product - now own 3 of them!

My First Honda--and still loving it!
By LoveMyHonda on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My 1990 Accord is the first car I bought on my own. It's my first non-American car (had Chevrolets and Buicks). I have kept this car for longer and for more miles than all my previous cars combined- 14+ years and 155,000 miles and still running strong! I have excellent mechanics who take great care of it. We just bought an Odyssey (family growing) but I hate having to sell this very reliable Accord.

Great car!!
By Jessfly57 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car was an excellent choice for me. Being 14 years old it was very reliable and I will always drive a Honda. I have had 8 so far and will continue driving them for the reliability of the car. Thanks!!

reliable
By HSwihart4 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 6 years. I love it; very dependable & reliable. It doesn't even look or perform like it's almost 15 years old. I will definetely be buying another Honda in the near future!

dependable
By mackjohn1 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 140000 miles on it and it is still going strong. I am sold on thr great quality and dependability. Will buy another without a second thought.