Used 1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

It keeps going
By vlad

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a student in Waterloo, Canada with 250,000 kilometres. Added 50k in 3 years. It's my second car after a 1979 Renault that I owned back home in Europe. Engine, transmission are still great. The engine does not burn oil. A small leak was cured by using Honda oil. Transmission runs smoothly after drain and refill and changing the PCV valve. I had several issues: cv joints and leaking radiator. Gas mileage drops to below 20mpg in cold ontario winters. Close to 30 mpg in summer. Rust around rear wells is not a killer if you rust proof once a year.

Peppy engine, highway handling. Loves to be redlined.

Beware of rear well rust. AC is dead after all these years.

The Old Girl!
By TOG's Mom

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I affectionately refer to my 1990 Honda Accord as, "The Old Girl" or TOG for short! I purchased her new in August of 1990. She's had her ailments throughout the years due to wear and tear, but has surpassed any vehicle I've ever owned. She is GREAT on gas and has just about the same pick-up as my 2005 Acura TSX! After coming from a 1986 Oldsmobile that needed 4 transmissions, torque converter, etc., my first little Honda Accord coupe has sold me on Hondas for the rest of my life!

The classic look, durability, gas mileage, and she's so fun to drive.

During or after it rains, when I open the truck, water leaks into the trunk. When first starting out in cold weather, the bottom of the car makes a "crunching" noise over bumps, until she warms up. Wish they still made floor mats for this model.

18 years and still running strong
By Cruiser

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new. Everything works good at 265,000 miles. I did have the trans reworked at 230,000, 1 new set of OEM brake rotors at 245,000. Has original freon in AC. Garage kept and waxed twice a year with McGuires products. Still run Michelin tires. I am on my 3rd stereo (needed a CD) and 2nd set of speakers. I plan to drive this car until the wheels fall off. Then I will probably rebuild it. Interior looks like new (scotchguard works). Mileage: 32/29

Seats are well designed

Wheel covers could use some improvement, and add a dust shield so brake dust doesn't get on wheels

Any time anywhere
By First lady eve

1990 Honda Accord DX 2dr Coupe

I love my car. She's always ready to go. She's more reliable than any person I know and she's going on 19 yrs old. typical service things have gone. I recently had to replace the clutch. But there have been no major issues

Fun fun fun, shes still fast and ready to race.

I wish I had A/C. Plus the I don't really like the automated seat belts. (I can remember to strap myself in, thanks).

Amazing!!!
By Tony

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car has given me quite a ride. I'm the second owner of this great car and I'm just under 160K. Has great acceleration and decent handling. Minor work is needed.

Fun car and a great car for the kids

replacement parts need to be cheaper.