Used 1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Oustanding reliability
By Pete T

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car has over 380000 KM on it & is still incredible. We bought it in my first year of college and it has been faithful & reliable ever since. With the exception of regular wear & tear, & routine maintenance, we have not had to contribute to any major repairs; additionally, during a recent cold-spell in mid-December 2008 where the temperature dipped to -37 C (-52 with the windchill), we did not need to plug in our engine block heater. The car has been outstandingly reliable in the most extreme temperatures; consequently, our family is now comprised of a number of Honda Loyalists & it will take an inordinate amount of force or compulsion to convince us otherwise.

Fabulous Car!!!
By boiseblonde

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

We've got 255,000+ miles on this car and I'm confident it will be running for a good time longer! We've had very minimal and cheap repairs because it has been well-maintained for many years. It runs really strong going up hills, picks up speed quickly, is quiet and comfortable! It handles superbly in icy/wet conditions. I have been impressed over and over with this car! I have such peace of mind knowing I won't be stranded, since I travel long distances frequently. I'll buy Honda again!

Sunroof, great gas mileage (28-36 incl. highway and town), smooth and quiet ride. Handles icy conditions wonderfully!

Needs cup holders in the doors. Automatic seat belts can get annoying, and I wish it had airbags and automatic lights or a warning system when the lights have been left on.

Could it get any better?
By Harmony

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

We've just celebrated 19 years together and hoping for many more. This car just runs and runs - nothing but routine maintenance. Over the years there have been several brake jobs, a set of CV boots, a new radiator, several sets of Michelins (only way to go for the original feel), two timing belts, and new motor mounts. I have averaged just about $250 per year over the life of the car. Radio, tape deck, clock and AC work great - usually the first things to go! I'd add a CD, except I don't want to ruin the ambiance. Every year I go test drive new cars and decide I'm not ready to part with this one. The kids have given up on inheriting it any time soon.

It continues to run, without any major expense. Paint still shines and interior is in great shape. Good design. Comfortable to drive. Peppy. Responsive.

Ditch the automatic seat belts (which they did in later years). Otherwise, everything I have to suggest wasn't around in those days (traction control, bluetooth, etc).

It keeps going
By vlad

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a student in Waterloo, Canada with 250,000 kilometres. Added 50k in 3 years. It's my second car after a 1979 Renault that I owned back home in Europe. Engine, transmission are still great. The engine does not burn oil. A small leak was cured by using Honda oil. Transmission runs smoothly after drain and refill and changing the PCV valve. I had several issues: cv joints and leaking radiator. Gas mileage drops to below 20mpg in cold ontario winters. Close to 30 mpg in summer. Rust around rear wells is not a killer if you rust proof once a year.

Peppy engine, highway handling. Loves to be redlined.

Beware of rear well rust. AC is dead after all these years.

The Old Girl!
By TOG's Mom

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I affectionately refer to my 1990 Honda Accord as, "The Old Girl" or TOG for short! I purchased her new in August of 1990. She's had her ailments throughout the years due to wear and tear, but has surpassed any vehicle I've ever owned. She is GREAT on gas and has just about the same pick-up as my 2005 Acura TSX! After coming from a 1986 Oldsmobile that needed 4 transmissions, torque converter, etc., my first little Honda Accord coupe has sold me on Hondas for the rest of my life!

The classic look, durability, gas mileage, and she's so fun to drive.

During or after it rains, when I open the truck, water leaks into the trunk. When first starting out in cold weather, the bottom of the car makes a "crunching" noise over bumps, until she warms up. Wish they still made floor mats for this model.