1990 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 4

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
still love this car after 17 years
By Jean H on 11/18/06 08:55 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

great car.I bought a 2007 Honda Accord yesterday and it breaks my heart to part with this car. I might keep it on the road for the winter. This car is a one owner and it still has most original parts.

ok
By ok on 10/29/06 16:59 PM (PST)

i had the car for 1 year and never had trouble with it and love driving it

90 Accord EX High Miles
By New2Honda on 07/12/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 90 Accord EX Sedan from a private party. This has to be the most dependable car I have ever owned! It has 210,000 miles and runs like its brand new. I use this car in a 140 mile daily commute and I trust it 110%!

almost 16 years
By lemon lover again on 03/13/06 13:10 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

In a previous post, I noted early problems with this car, purchased new in 1990. Since 1999, I have put a total of $1900 into it, including new $400 Michelin tires, $700 motor mounts, $95 for an an ignition problem, $150 for a transmission issue, and a couple hundred for brakes. That leaves around $350 for routine maintenance. Motor mounts were not necessary and could have chosen cheaper tires, but both make it run almost like new, and I intend to keep it around. Dealer did install all new hoses and a radiator for $125 - long story, good customer service. Test drove new Acuras, Hondas, got back in this and wondered why I was shopping. Fun on mountain roads.

Everything should be this solid
By Brad on 03/13/06 07:44 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased 5 yrs ago with 134k miles, now at 200k. No major problems at all. My car has led a very demanding life, and granted I maintain it well, but its still amazes me how well it holds up! A true testament to Honda using quality materials. The A/C has needed recharged, brakes needed some maintanence, exhaust, and suspension bushings replaced, but these are all very normal things for almost any car over 10 yrs old. Everything that has needed attention has been a Do-it- yourself saturday job, if you enjoy doing your own work. I've never had to take it to a shop. Nearly every accessory still operates perfectly. Has NEVER failed to start, even in the dead of Ohio winter. Thanks Honda!

Impressed
By In love with Honda on 12/20/05 03:50 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought this great car from my uncle three years ago. almost 198,000 miles now and still running strong. Easy for self repairs and modifications. Great gas mileage with a peppy 2.0L four banger. Catches the eyes of street racers with a sleek long sporty body style. Really gets up and goes. A classic reliable Honda. Starts up in my hometown's 112 degree summers and our chilly sub freezing winters and handles like a dream in the snow and ice. Great car for travel or short commute. Only downside, used parts are hard to find in junk yards... But only because these cars are still on the road due to dependable Honda engineering.

15 years and still going strong
By drewd on 11/08/05 17:22 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new in 1990. The only major problem that I had was my own fault - the timing belt broke because I did not follow the scheduled maintenance. Unfortunately, it cost about $1600 to fix, but that's the only significant problem that the car has ever had. It's protected my wife in two fairly serious accidents, even without airbags. It's been all over the US and treated us great! Every time we think about selling it, we just can't come up with a compelling reason - maybe it will just last forever!

Gets funner with tuning
By Samir on 09/24/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My first car and by far the best car my family has ever owned. Its been in 4 accidents totaled twice and I can still push it. It's easy to work on and get better performance with the abundance of aftermarket parts. I had mine repainted but it got scratched so the old white paint still shines new. With $50 in suspension worth it handles like a BMW. Comfort wise comparable to a Benz. I will be very, very, very sad when I sell her to get something newer.

Best Car I Ever Owned too!
By Automaniac on 09/15/05 10:14 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought the 5-speed from first owner on 2/16, 68.9k miles on it, for $6.5k (down from 7.5) now 133k hard miles, cold starts, short distances, snowbelt. Could afford any new car, but was thinking of going overseas then, and did not want to take depreciation hit. Engine is a jewel, never had ANY problem. Drove cross country, DC to Seattle to Long Beach CA and back to DC, summer 03, few problems, top MPG. (32-36 hwy, at 65-85 mph). Can cruise all day @ 90 mph in utter comfort. Rust behind the rear wheels. Seldom braked down, but parts cost too much (timing belt, brakes, distributor, fuel pump, each $500 or so). Still, best car I ever owned, and low cost, due to rare failures and high quality.

great car
By pete reno on 08/14/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 120,000 miles. It now has 150,000 I have replaced the clutch, radiator and cv joints.It runs flawlessly! doesn't burn or leak any oil!!handles great. The transmission is tight as is the rest of the car. Avg 25-27 mpg city, 33-36 highway. When can I buy a diesel Accord!! I owned a 2000 jetta tdi nothing but problems!!! This car at 15 years old is a much better vehicle than the brand new vw.