Used 1990 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
my winter beater
By jeremy bunker on 11/20/06 12:21 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

great car it's rusting out running rough but for the 1000$ I paid for it I can't complain. they are easy to work on and great on gas.

still love this car after 17 years
By Jean H on 11/18/06 08:55 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

great car.I bought a 2007 Honda Accord yesterday and it breaks my heart to part with this car. I might keep it on the road for the winter. This car is a one owner and it still has most original parts.

90 Accord EX High Miles
By New2Honda on 07/12/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 90 Accord EX Sedan from a private party. This has to be the most dependable car I have ever owned! It has 210,000 miles and runs like its brand new. I use this car in a 140 mile daily commute and I trust it 110%!

Everything should be this solid
By Brad on 03/13/06 07:44 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased 5 yrs ago with 134k miles, now at 200k. No major problems at all. My car has led a very demanding life, and granted I maintain it well, but its still amazes me how well it holds up! A true testament to Honda using quality materials. The A/C has needed recharged, brakes needed some maintanence, exhaust, and suspension bushings replaced, but these are all very normal things for almost any car over 10 yrs old. Everything that has needed attention has been a Do-it- yourself saturday job, if you enjoy doing your own work. I've never had to take it to a shop. Nearly every accessory still operates perfectly. Has NEVER failed to start, even in the dead of Ohio winter. Thanks Honda!

15 years and still going strong
By drewd on 11/08/05 17:22 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new in 1990. The only major problem that I had was my own fault - the timing belt broke because I did not follow the scheduled maintenance. Unfortunately, it cost about $1600 to fix, but that's the only significant problem that the car has ever had. It's protected my wife in two fairly serious accidents, even without airbags. It's been all over the US and treated us great! Every time we think about selling it, we just can't come up with a compelling reason - maybe it will just last forever!

Gets funner with tuning
By Samir on 09/24/05 21:33 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My first car and by far the best car my family has ever owned. Its been in 4 accidents totaled twice and I can still push it. It's easy to work on and get better performance with the abundance of aftermarket parts. I had mine repainted but it got scratched so the old white paint still shines new. With $50 in suspension worth it handles like a BMW. Comfort wise comparable to a Benz. I will be very, very, very sad when I sell her to get something newer.

great car
By pete reno on 08/14/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 120,000 miles. It now has 150,000 I have replaced the clutch, radiator and cv joints.It runs flawlessly! doesn't burn or leak any oil!!handles great. The transmission is tight as is the rest of the car. Avg 25-27 mpg city, 33-36 highway. When can I buy a diesel Accord!! I owned a 2000 jetta tdi nothing but problems!!! This car at 15 years old is a much better vehicle than the brand new vw.

High Mileage Honda
By Honda Lover on 08/04/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Sept 1990 right out of college. 15 years later, it still takes me on long journeys reliably. I still get over 30 miles/gallon. Yes, the mileage is correct at 440,400.

Still a top 4 cylinder car
By clarkfball101 on 05/08/05 22:41 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Even in the year 2005 the 2.2L engine is still one of the best on the road. Excellent choice for a first car for a teen. Car can go from one side of the country to the other.

Fantastic automobile!
By BamaFlum on 04/15/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car brand new and I inherited it. It now has 136k and I love it! Fit and finish are top notch. We've replaced the CV boots, the clutch cylinders, rotors, and done routine maintenance to keep it going. I'm going to replace the shocks and springs next and hopefully it will take me another 136k. All three of my kids fit in the back (albeit snug!). For a car that is 15 years old, it is great. If my wife would let me and we had the money, I would drop in an JDM h22a (Prelude engine) and that would solve the power issue! Great car and highly recommended for a used car, especially for a teenager's first car.