1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Purchased @ 205k miles and still going!
By Brandon on 06/04/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1990 Honda Accord ex as the 3rd owner. Before driving I installed a new timing belt as sort of insurance for the motor and fixed the power locks for a little over $300. All in all car cost $2100 and love my car! The ex comes equipped with an electronic sport transmission ( shifts at higher rpm) and when you turn that baby on this car really moves! Even without it it'll shift at five grand steadily so you have plenty of pick up (limiter is 6100). This car is very reliable and has pin point handling. The car comes with wider tires than most imports which greatly improves traction on the corners when you really feel like testing her. Maintenance is simple and easily accessed.

My first is 18 yrs old..
By Richardj on 06/02/08 23:04 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This my first car in Canada since I just arrived here, for 2 months I am using it I really am impressed on its performance it doesn't give me any problem yet, but I can feel that it will go along way, just got a change oil, power steering fluid changed and wiper blades changed. Thanks Honda for making me feel that I did the right choice.

Still loving it
By kimmo on 05/31/08 12:27 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I bought new as a demo. Even after 18 years with it being stolen twice, almost totaled once and with two other accidents, this car is super dependable. The exterior, interior, and engine have all held up well with regular maintenance. New radiator, three batteries, two brake jobs, a couple of power steering repairs from leaks, CVs, a new gas tank (service stripped plug!) plus maintenance is about all this car has cost me. I can't justify anything newer as this one keeps going & going and she still looks awesome! I use my AAA for my friend's newer car troubles. I can't believe I get offers from others now to buy my car. I think it has turned into a classic.

Hard to do better
By beyelie on 03/01/08 00:29 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Original owner. The most reliable car ever owned. 249,000 after 18 years. The manual transmission makes it more fun to drive and squeezes the most out of its adequate power. Has original clutch. Fuel mileage superb; average 30+.

Good car
By lyndsicagle on 12/27/07 16:09 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I enjoy this car as a around town type of vehicle but not for long trip travel. I use it for just random errands and haven't had any serious problems with it yet.

17 years and still going strong
By Todd on 11/17/07 19:07 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Accord for almost 4 years now. I have had nothing but excellent service from this car. My honda has 324,000 miles on it and I am still getting around 25 mpg. It may be old, and not as stylish as the newer ones, but with gas so high, I will not be getting rid of this car anytime soon.

Best car
By Hondafan24 on 04/03/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda brand new after getting out of high school with 12 miles. it now has 496,000 miles on it and when my son starts driving in a month it will be his. Great car original engine.

17 years and still going well.
By Gerry on 03/29/07 09:46 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '90 Accord LX after reading Consumers Report and I am my sooo glad I did. It's the most reliable car I have ever experienced. Always ready to go hot or cold freezing weather. I always feel safe and very comfortable in the driver seat as well as other seats when my wife would drive it. I would do the required schedule maintenance which was quite reasonable and never a surprise. I said I would keep it until it dies. It refuses to die so I'll just sell it and give some one else a go with it and get a new '08 Accord this fall. The last few years all I've paid for are gas, oil change and insurance. Sad goodbye!

16 years old and still runs near new
By Cruiser on 11/25/06 06:15 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '90 Accord on the advice of one of the dealers mechanics. Good move on my part! After 16 years, except for usual maintenance, all I have done is had the auto transmission rebuilt ($1200)and a radiator ($250). I still get 28-32 mpg. Some of the clear coat has come loose, but the paint gets a good rating from me too. Mine was made in Japan, not USA manufactured. I don't think it makes a difference. Overall rating 9! Would I buy again? Yes (but you do get what you pay for). If you plan on keeping what you buy, this is a good deal; drive it 'til the wheels fall off. If you are going for flash and want to trade every few years, buy a Corvette.

my winter beater
By jeremy bunker on 11/20/06 12:21 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

great car it's rusting out running rough but for the 1000$ I paid for it I can't complain. they are easy to work on and great on gas.