1990 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Runs Forever!
By mjsstanley on 08/28/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned two 90 and one 91 Accord . One wrecked at 376,000 miles and was still going like new . These cars were built for the road . I travel 400 miles to NC at least three times a year . I have a 90 now with 192,000 miles on it and I haven't had to do anything to it ! Starts right up in the coldest weather . All have been 5 speed manual transmission , which is really better than the automatic . All Hondas will last forever if you keep up the regular maintenance , which isn't expensive at all .

Sorry to say good-bye
By mikecassidy1 on 08/19/10 14:34 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Two years ago Our mechanic persuaded us to go back in time and buy our 1990 Honda EX automatic. It's been fun to drive and has cheerfully handled our daily rounds and our regular weekend trips to our cabin near Ottawa Canada. with drinking water, 2x4s, and cottage paraphernalia. The Honda needed a bit more updating than we expected - muffler, pipes, timing belt, alternator but has driven less than 150,000 km. and has many more to go, has been reliable and friendly and is in v. good shape. We're saying goodbye (for a Sonata) to get the absolute smoothest ride possible, for health reasons.

Best little car
By jrodaccord on 07/19/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love my car after all the restoring that was done. I did all leather interior, new paint, 19" wheels, headrest screens, and head unit radio with dvd player, 7" screen, back up camera, bluetooth, and all new l.e.d lights.

A reliable excellent car
By june on 04/01/10 23:37 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Car been driven 100 miles every day with or without a/c no problem.

It keeps going
By vlad on 02/05/09 17:10 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a student in Waterloo, Canada with 250,000 kilometres. Added 50k in 3 years. It's my second car after a 1979 Renault that I owned back home in Europe. Engine, transmission are still great. The engine does not burn oil. A small leak was cured by using Honda oil. Transmission runs smoothly after drain and refill and changing the PCV valve. I had several issues: cv joints and leaking radiator. Gas mileage drops to below 20mpg in cold ontario winters. Close to 30 mpg in summer. Rust around rear wells is not a killer if you rust proof once a year.

Amazing!!!
By Tony on 06/12/08 21:20 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car has given me quite a ride. I'm the second owner of this great car and I'm just under 160K. Has great acceleration and decent handling. Minor work is needed.

Purchased @ 205k miles and still going!
By Brandon on 06/04/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1990 Honda Accord ex as the 3rd owner. Before driving I installed a new timing belt as sort of insurance for the motor and fixed the power locks for a little over $300. All in all car cost $2100 and love my car! The ex comes equipped with an electronic sport transmission ( shifts at higher rpm) and when you turn that baby on this car really moves! Even without it it'll shift at five grand steadily so you have plenty of pick up (limiter is 6100). This car is very reliable and has pin point handling. The car comes with wider tires than most imports which greatly improves traction on the corners when you really feel like testing her. Maintenance is simple and easily accessed.

my winter beater
By jeremy bunker on 11/20/06 12:21 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

great car it's rusting out running rough but for the 1000$ I paid for it I can't complain. they are easy to work on and great on gas.

90 Accord EX High Miles
By New2Honda on 07/12/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought a 90 Accord EX Sedan from a private party. This has to be the most dependable car I have ever owned! It has 210,000 miles and runs like its brand new. I use this car in a 140 mile daily commute and I trust it 110%!

High Mileage Honda
By Honda Lover on 08/04/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Sept 1990 right out of college. 15 years later, it still takes me on long journeys reliably. I still get over 30 miles/gallon. Yes, the mileage is correct at 440,400.