Used 1990 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Miss my Honda!
By got2bekylee

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I was so sad when i had to get rid of my Honda. The only downside is my A/C didn't work when i got it in 08'. Which didn't bother me too much. I only got rid of it because i had a baby and needed something a little bigger and cooler for the summer. I would still have it if i could afford to insure multiple cars. It ran better than my 03' Saturn and my 99' Kia. The gas mileage is also a huge plus with this car. It would be a great first car or just something for work and/or school. I would highly recommend this little old car.

Favorite Features

I loved everything about this car apart from the A/C not working.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they would have put cup holders in there and some kind of improvement on the A/C. (could have also been the owner before me)

Runs Forever!
By mjsstanley

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned two 90 and one 91 Accord . One wrecked at 376,000 miles and was still going like new . These cars were built for the road . I travel 400 miles to NC at least three times a year . I have a 90 now with 192,000 miles on it and I haven't had to do anything to it ! Starts right up in the coldest weather . All have been 5 speed manual transmission , which is really better than the automatic . All Hondas will last forever if you keep up the regular maintenance , which isn't expensive at all .

Favorite Features

Sunroof and alloy wheels on the EX , cruise control is awesome on the highway , dashboard and panel control set up .

Suggested Improvements

The sport mode on the automatic transmission is really crappy after a while . I can promise you that you will end up replacing the transmission computer . Also , if living in snowy areas , you must regularly check behind the rear tires in the quarter panel for water build up which will caise rust .

Sorry to say good-bye
By mikecassidy1

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Two years ago Our mechanic persuaded us to go back in time and buy our 1990 Honda EX automatic. It's been fun to drive and has cheerfully handled our daily rounds and our regular weekend trips to our cabin near Ottawa Canada. with drinking water, 2x4s, and cottage paraphernalia. The Honda needed a bit more updating than we expected - muffler, pipes, timing belt, alternator but has driven less than 150,000 km. and has many more to go, has been reliable and friendly and is in v. good shape. We're saying goodbye (for a Sonata) to get the absolute smoothest ride possible, for health reasons.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive, cruises comfortably at 70 mph, lots of storage, copes well in Ottawa's heavy snow.

Best little car
By jrodaccord

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love my car after all the restoring that was done. I did all leather interior, new paint, 19" wheels, headrest screens, and head unit radio with dvd player, 7" screen, back up camera, bluetooth, and all new l.e.d lights.

Favorite Features

The ride the comfort and performance..

Suggested Improvements

Needed more interior space and window motors always go bad.

500,000 and still kicking
By Robin

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle as a second vehicle from a previous owner in December 2009 with 506,000 original miles. So far the only thing that I had to do was give it a tune up, charge a/c, and a set of tires. This car is truly amazing with no leaks. Still running with the original engine and transmission like it was off the show room floor. Honda you did great with this model.

Favorite Features

Reliable and most definitely dependable

Suggested Improvements

n/a