1990 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Miss my Honda!
By got2bekylee on 04/06/13 07:02 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I was so sad when i had to get rid of my Honda. The only downside is my A/C didn't work when i got it in 08'. Which didn't bother me too much. I only got rid of it because i had a baby and needed something a little bigger and cooler for the summer. I would still have it if i could afford to insure multiple cars. It ran better than my 03' Saturn and my 99' Kia. The gas mileage is also a huge plus with this car. It would be a great first car or just something for work and/or school. I would highly recommend this little old car.

Runs Forever!
By mjsstanley on 08/28/10 15:22 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned two 90 and one 91 Accord . One wrecked at 376,000 miles and was still going like new . These cars were built for the road . I travel 400 miles to NC at least three times a year . I have a 90 now with 192,000 miles on it and I haven't had to do anything to it ! Starts right up in the coldest weather . All have been 5 speed manual transmission , which is really better than the automatic . All Hondas will last forever if you keep up the regular maintenance , which isn't expensive at all .

Sorry to say good-bye
By mikecassidy1 on 08/19/10 14:34 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Two years ago Our mechanic persuaded us to go back in time and buy our 1990 Honda EX automatic. It's been fun to drive and has cheerfully handled our daily rounds and our regular weekend trips to our cabin near Ottawa Canada. with drinking water, 2x4s, and cottage paraphernalia. The Honda needed a bit more updating than we expected - muffler, pipes, timing belt, alternator but has driven less than 150,000 km. and has many more to go, has been reliable and friendly and is in v. good shape. We're saying goodbye (for a Sonata) to get the absolute smoothest ride possible, for health reasons.

Best little car
By jrodaccord on 07/19/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love my car after all the restoring that was done. I did all leather interior, new paint, 19" wheels, headrest screens, and head unit radio with dvd player, 7" screen, back up camera, bluetooth, and all new l.e.d lights.

500,000 and still kicking
By Robin on 05/13/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle as a second vehicle from a previous owner in December 2009 with 506,000 original miles. So far the only thing that I had to do was give it a tune up, charge a/c, and a set of tires. This car is truly amazing with no leaks. Still running with the original engine and transmission like it was off the show room floor. Honda you did great with this model.

A reliable excellent car
By june on 04/01/10 23:37 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Car been driven 100 miles every day with or without a/c no problem.

How do ya spell reliability? H-O-N-D-A!
By Happy Honda Owner on 02/04/10 16:54 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 Accord about two weeks ago and so far it's been nothing short of what Honda stands for: reliability. Only thing that annoys me is it seems to suck up oil? Filled the gas tank and drove from Atlanta to outside Athens and back. 175 miles roundtrip. Fuel gauge was closer to full than it was to halfway when I got back to Atlanta. My next car will be a newer Honda Accord. 189k miles and still going.

I love my Honda
By jayjay24517 on 12/22/09 11:49 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned a few Hondas and they last forever. My 90 accord has 180k miles and counting. I haven't done a thing to it but drive.

1990 Honda Civic DX
By Jeffersbug on 07/27/09 13:00 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 Accord DX used in 2008. It seemed like a great deal considering it only had 68K. Only serious problem is I need to add a quart of oil every 300 miles. I've been to three mechanics and nobody can seem to find the cause. Been able to drive it 16,000 miles already without the problem getting worse. Other than that it runs great. The trunk does leak when it rains.

Oustanding reliability
By Pete T on 04/30/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has over 380000 KM on it & is still incredible. We bought it in my first year of college and it has been faithful & reliable ever since. With the exception of regular wear & tear, & routine maintenance, we have not had to contribute to any major repairs; additionally, during a recent cold-spell in mid-December 2008 where the temperature dipped to -37 C (-52 with the windchill), we did not need to plug in our engine block heater. The car has been outstandingly reliable in the most extreme temperatures; consequently, our family is now comprised of a number of Honda Loyalists & it will take an inordinate amount of force or compulsion to convince us otherwise.