1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
500,000 and still kicking
By Robin on 05/13/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle as a second vehicle from a previous owner in December 2009 with 506,000 original miles. So far the only thing that I had to do was give it a tune up, charge a/c, and a set of tires. This car is truly amazing with no leaks. Still running with the original engine and transmission like it was off the show room floor. Honda you did great with this model.

How do ya spell reliability? H-O-N-D-A!
By Happy Honda Owner on 02/04/10 16:54 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 Accord about two weeks ago and so far it's been nothing short of what Honda stands for: reliability. Only thing that annoys me is it seems to suck up oil? Filled the gas tank and drove from Atlanta to outside Athens and back. 175 miles roundtrip. Fuel gauge was closer to full than it was to halfway when I got back to Atlanta. My next car will be a newer Honda Accord. 189k miles and still going.

I love my Honda
By jayjay24517 on 12/22/09 11:49 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned a few Hondas and they last forever. My 90 accord has 180k miles and counting. I haven't done a thing to it but drive.

Oustanding reliability
By Pete T on 04/30/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car has over 380000 KM on it & is still incredible. We bought it in my first year of college and it has been faithful & reliable ever since. With the exception of regular wear & tear, & routine maintenance, we have not had to contribute to any major repairs; additionally, during a recent cold-spell in mid-December 2008 where the temperature dipped to -37 C (-52 with the windchill), we did not need to plug in our engine block heater. The car has been outstandingly reliable in the most extreme temperatures; consequently, our family is now comprised of a number of Honda Loyalists & it will take an inordinate amount of force or compulsion to convince us otherwise.

18 years and still running strong
By Cruiser on 09/06/08 08:30 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord new. Everything works good at 265,000 miles. I did have the trans reworked at 230,000, 1 new set of OEM brake rotors at 245,000. Has original freon in AC. Garage kept and waxed twice a year with McGuires products. Still run Michelin tires. I am on my 3rd stereo (needed a CD) and 2nd set of speakers. I plan to drive this car until the wheels fall off. Then I will probably rebuild it. Interior looks like new (scotchguard works). Mileage: 32/29

Hard to do better
By beyelie on 03/01/08 00:29 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Original owner. The most reliable car ever owned. 249,000 after 18 years. The manual transmission makes it more fun to drive and squeezes the most out of its adequate power. Has original clutch. Fuel mileage superb; average 30+.

Good car
By lyndsicagle on 12/27/07 16:09 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I enjoy this car as a around town type of vehicle but not for long trip travel. I use it for just random errands and haven't had any serious problems with it yet.

17 years and still going strong
By Todd on 11/17/07 19:07 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Accord for almost 4 years now. I have had nothing but excellent service from this car. My honda has 324,000 miles on it and I am still getting around 25 mpg. It may be old, and not as stylish as the newer ones, but with gas so high, I will not be getting rid of this car anytime soon.

17 years and still going well.
By Gerry on 03/29/07 09:46 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '90 Accord LX after reading Consumers Report and I am my sooo glad I did. It's the most reliable car I have ever experienced. Always ready to go hot or cold freezing weather. I always feel safe and very comfortable in the driver seat as well as other seats when my wife would drive it. I would do the required schedule maintenance which was quite reasonable and never a surprise. I said I would keep it until it dies. It refuses to die so I'll just sell it and give some one else a go with it and get a new '08 Accord this fall. The last few years all I've paid for are gas, oil change and insurance. Sad goodbye!

16 years old and still runs near new
By Cruiser on 11/25/06 06:15 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '90 Accord on the advice of one of the dealers mechanics. Good move on my part! After 16 years, except for usual maintenance, all I have done is had the auto transmission rebuilt ($1200)and a radiator ($250). I still get 28-32 mpg. Some of the clear coat has come loose, but the paint gets a good rating from me too. Mine was made in Japan, not USA manufactured. I don't think it makes a difference. Overall rating 9! Would I buy again? Yes (but you do get what you pay for). If you plan on keeping what you buy, this is a good deal; drive it 'til the wheels fall off. If you are going for flash and want to trade every few years, buy a Corvette.