Used 1990 Honda Accord LX Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nothing like it!
By Tina Yake

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car since 1990. You got it, it was brand spanking new. After 8 years, I gave it to my mom to use. I have since gotten it back, 24 yrs later. I had a mechanic look it over before driving it from California to Kansas. The only thing it needed was a new main relay, an ac charge and 4 new tires. For insurance sake, I had him replace the timing belt and water pump.

The acceleration is just like when I first bought it. Handling is still smooth. All our mechanics told us that if there was a Honda model to own, it was that.

I own a 1996 Accord and a 2006 Odyssey and both vehicles, cosmetically suck. We have had more issues with the newer models than my 1990 Accord.

500,000 and still kicking
By Robin

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle as a second vehicle from a previous owner in December 2009 with 506,000 original miles. So far the only thing that I had to do was give it a tune up, charge a/c, and a set of tires. This car is truly amazing with no leaks. Still running with the original engine and transmission like it was off the show room floor. Honda you did great with this model.

Reliable and most definitely dependable

n/a

How do ya spell reliability? H-O-N-D-A!
By Happy Honda Owner

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 Accord about two weeks ago and so far it's been nothing short of what Honda stands for: reliability. Only thing that annoys me is it seems to suck up oil? Filled the gas tank and drove from Atlanta to outside Athens and back. 175 miles roundtrip. Fuel gauge was closer to full than it was to halfway when I got back to Atlanta. My next car will be a newer Honda Accord. 189k miles and still going.

Bluish-green instrument panel at night, got some gumption for a 4 cylinder, gas mileage (24/30?). The car seems to dominate the expressway (seems like no Honda drivers really do the speed limit LOL).

Leaking trunk when it rains. Where is my oil going to? Cupholders...went to Checkers today and my large drink wouldn't fit in either of them. The cupholders don't seem tall enough either.

I love my Honda
By jayjay24517

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned a few Hondas and they last forever. My 90 accord has 180k miles and counting. I haven't done a thing to it but drive.

Gas mileage, and seat comfort.

The rusting behind rear wheel wells.

Oustanding reliability
By Pete T

1990 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car has over 380000 KM on it & is still incredible. We bought it in my first year of college and it has been faithful & reliable ever since. With the exception of regular wear & tear, & routine maintenance, we have not had to contribute to any major repairs; additionally, during a recent cold-spell in mid-December 2008 where the temperature dipped to -37 C (-52 with the windchill), we did not need to plug in our engine block heater. The car has been outstandingly reliable in the most extreme temperatures; consequently, our family is now comprised of a number of Honda Loyalists & it will take an inordinate amount of force or compulsion to convince us otherwise.