Used 1990 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Runs Forever!
By mjsstanley

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned two 90 and one 91 Accord . One wrecked at 376,000 miles and was still going like new . These cars were built for the road . I travel 400 miles to NC at least three times a year . I have a 90 now with 192,000 miles on it and I haven't had to do anything to it ! Starts right up in the coldest weather . All have been 5 speed manual transmission , which is really better than the automatic . All Hondas will last forever if you keep up the regular maintenance , which isn't expensive at all .

Sunroof and alloy wheels on the EX , cruise control is awesome on the highway , dashboard and panel control set up .

The sport mode on the automatic transmission is really crappy after a while . I can promise you that you will end up replacing the transmission computer . Also , if living in snowy areas , you must regularly check behind the rear tires in the quarter panel for water build up which will caise rust .

Sorry to say good-bye
By mikecassidy1

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Two years ago Our mechanic persuaded us to go back in time and buy our 1990 Honda EX automatic. It's been fun to drive and has cheerfully handled our daily rounds and our regular weekend trips to our cabin near Ottawa Canada. with drinking water, 2x4s, and cottage paraphernalia. The Honda needed a bit more updating than we expected - muffler, pipes, timing belt, alternator but has driven less than 150,000 km. and has many more to go, has been reliable and friendly and is in v. good shape. We're saying goodbye (for a Sonata) to get the absolute smoothest ride possible, for health reasons.

Easy to drive, cruises comfortably at 70 mph, lots of storage, copes well in Ottawa's heavy snow.

Best little car
By jrodaccord

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I love my car after all the restoring that was done. I did all leather interior, new paint, 19" wheels, headrest screens, and head unit radio with dvd player, 7" screen, back up camera, bluetooth, and all new l.e.d lights.

The ride the comfort and performance..

Needed more interior space and window motors always go bad.

A reliable excellent car
By june

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Car been driven 100 miles every day with or without a/c no problem.

new alternator, timing belt, water pump, fans for radiator and a/c rear brakes new tires

just suspension, rocking pinion, few dings and fender bender.

It keeps going
By vlad

1990 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as a student in Waterloo, Canada with 250,000 kilometres. Added 50k in 3 years. It's my second car after a 1979 Renault that I owned back home in Europe. Engine, transmission are still great. The engine does not burn oil. A small leak was cured by using Honda oil. Transmission runs smoothly after drain and refill and changing the PCV valve. I had several issues: cv joints and leaking radiator. Gas mileage drops to below 20mpg in cold ontario winters. Close to 30 mpg in summer. Rust around rear wells is not a killer if you rust proof once a year.

Peppy engine, highway handling. Loves to be redlined.

Beware of rear well rust. AC is dead after all these years.