Used 1990 Honda Accord DX Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

One of the best cars I ever owned
By MtnRoad

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I had the base model with 4cyl engine, 5spd manual, and pw / pdl. The car was amazing. I have since sold it but wanted to mention this car was one of the best I ever owned. I woukd take into the dealer for oil changes and ask if there was anything else they recommended and they would also say no after the inspection. It just ran and ran. I never had any problems with the car. Engine in my opinion was under-powered in low gears with the manual shift but once I got up to cruising speed it performed well. Highway cruising and fuel mileage was excellent. I drove from Los Anegles to Phoenix on a little over a half tank. Yes it is true that really happened. A nice tail wind, no traffic, and at night no less but it did happen. I couldn't believe my own eyes when looking at the gas gauge. The interior was pretty stout and the seats were really comfortable. My car was white and the paint was in excellent shape when I sold it. One concern I have now after doing some research online is I found out the 4cyl uses a timing belt and it should have been changed to prevent engine damage on the old one breaking and the dealer never recommended this to me. The timing belt never broke under my ownership thank God but considering the mileage and use I put on that car I am surprised it never did. I always thought it had a chain but found out it was a belt. The only complaint I would have is the power radio antenna stopped retracting. I also noticed on every accord of the same time frame they had the same issue. And my late 80's model Acura was the same. Crap motor on that Honda item but overall these cars are gems and even to this day I see many of them on the road. Just saw a station wagon model the other day I never knew they made those. I would recommend this Honda Accord model to anyone.

Miss my Honda!
By got2bekylee

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I was so sad when i had to get rid of my Honda. The only downside is my A/C didn't work when i got it in 08'. Which didn't bother me too much.
I only got rid of it because i had a baby and needed something a little bigger and cooler for the summer. I would still have it if i could afford to insure multiple cars. It ran better than my 03' Saturn and my 99' Kia. The gas mileage is also a huge plus with this car. It would be a great first car or just something for work and/or school. I would highly recommend this little old car.

I loved everything about this car apart from the A/C not working.

Wish they would have put cup holders in there and some kind of improvement on the A/C. (could have also been the owner before me)

1990 Honda Civic DX
By Jeffersbug

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1990 Accord DX used in 2008. It seemed like a great deal considering it only had 68K. Only serious problem is I need to add a quart of oil every 300 miles. I've been to three mechanics and nobody can seem to find the cause. Been able to drive it 16,000 miles already without the problem getting worse. Other than that it runs great. The trunk does leak when it rains.

Cup holder. More trunk space.

Best car
By Hondafan24

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda brand new after getting out of high school with 12 miles. it now has 496,000 miles on it and when my son starts driving in a month it will be his. Great car original engine.

Reliable.. reliable.

None, great car, still looks good.

still love this car after 17 years
By Jean H

1990 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

great car.I bought a 2007 Honda Accord yesterday and it breaks my heart to part with this car. I might keep it on the road for the winter. This car is a one owner and it still has most original parts.