2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:

Nothing but trouble from 1st month
By Rajkumar Swamy

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It has been a year since I bought this car. It has been nothing but trouble within first month and a year later still facing issues.
1. In the first 60 days, twice the vehicle abruptly stopped on the road with multiple error messages related to battery overheating and engine overheating. On both occasions dealership could not offer much resolution. In an oil change exercise the software was patched and the issue went away.
2. The gas mileage: Occasionally my vehicle has given me 43+ mileage in the first 6 months and started dropping to 40 miles. However, since my oil change and couple of filter change service the mileage has dropped to 35-36 miles/gallon. Have discussed with dealership with very little resolution
3. ACC(Adaptive Cruise Control) & FCW(Forward Collision Warning): On multiple occasions in the last 12 months both these features use to malfunction based on ‘Radar obstruction’ and in the last 10 days they have stopped working including the disabling of regular cruise control operations. This has made my long drive to work a manual exhausting effort. Dealership that inspected has advised of expensive diagnostics and recalibration which I am not sure if I truly should pay for.
Overall, though I love Honda and owned a Civic for 16 years that ran trouble free for ~200K miles would highly discourage anyone looking to buy a Honda Hybrid car based on above experience.

Honda fanatic - Truly Disappointed.
By Mike (Used to Love Honda)

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

WARNING.... If you're a HONDA fan please avoid this car. I have owned Honda Accords and I've been extremely happy when the hybrid came out I was excited and ready to get one. My previous 2003 Accord lasted 10 year without a single problem. I've purposely waited 9 months and 7,500 miles to provide a truthful review. ISSUE 1: The trunk rods which hold open the truck snapped into multiple pieces by 4 months. By the 6 month, the second rod which holds the trunk snapped. The dealer did fix it for free, but not until putting me in the hot seat to see if I did something. The mechanic who worked on the car informed this is the 3rd or 4th Accord Hybrid he's worked on where the rod had snapped. ISSUE 2: My wife and I enjoy going to drive in movies (I know old school). You cannot turn off the running lights if you want to run the air conditioner or radio. Really poor design that the running lights cannot be turned off. ISSUE 3: My wife and I go on long trips out of town and enjoy listening to local radio stations. However, you cannot change the radio station from the steering wheel. You have to do it manually which is placed in an awkward location. You can only change radio station for the preset channels. Another pool design. ISSUE 4: The rear view auto deeming mirror has an horrible slow dimmer, so you're hit with a bright light for 5-10 seconds. You're blinded until it's dimmed out and it reoccurs constantly. ISSUE 5: The USB charger in the front counsel is barely able to charge my Samsung Note 5. It's just not powerful enough or something is wrong. The dealer told me that how the hybrid USB chargers work. ISSUE 6: The drivers arm rest does not slide forward like the previous Accords, so unless you have long arms or you're more than 6' 5" it's difficult to rest your right arm and reach the steering wheel. This was a really bad design especially if you have a long drive. ISSUE 7: With 7,500 miles on the car (60% interstate & 40% city) and I'm a conservative driver I've averaged 36 mpg. ISSUE 8: The truck space is small, but I knew that when I purchased the car. So that's my fault. ISSUE 9: No spare tire can be purchased for the car and according to the dealer if you use the unit provided to fix a flat tire. It can damage the car rims. CONCLUSION: I just wanted to inform everyone of my experience and provide you a WARNING before you make a mistake. Again, I love Honda cars, but this one really let me down..... :-(

Won't buy again
By Disappointed Honda Owner

2015 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car has had nothing but issues since I purchased it. First, the text message read option in the display doesn't work. I've tried with both Android phone and iPhones. Secondly, bluetooth and Pandora don't always connect and it takes several tries to it to pair. Sometimes the radio display even freezes to the point where you need to actually turn off the car to reset it (turning off the radio doesn't fix the issue).

Then there's the cheapness of the undercarriage in which the splash guard has fallen off during normal highway driving conditions twice now.

Don't believe the Honda advertised mileage.
By ben

The advertised mileage is a joke. Have never hit 45 mp under any circumstances. I bought the car because of the advertised mileage. Should have bought a 4 cylinder gasoline engine and saved the difference in cost.

Wonderful car
By Erich

Great car! I've averaged 43mpg over 17,099 miles. Fun car to drive. I rent a lot of cars for work and my Honda is always a joy to return to. One factor to consider is maintenance. This car requires an oil change roughly once a year ( the maintenance minder will tell you, but the manual says once a year otherwise). I have been to the dealer twice in two years, which would be unheard of in a regular car. The sound from the speakers is excellent and the collision detector has saved me more than once. I love this car!