2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Review: LEGEND OF 21ST CENTURY

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

Touring Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

LEGEND OF 21ST CENTURY
By milescruiser on

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got this car 2 weeks ago it amazing to say the least . I got 52 mpg on a 64 mile trip, on small hwy , with stop an go sometimes 4 way stop signs I posted a 2 minute video, you can watch it in my link . Search you tube ' physics honda hybrid' The system is very smart. And you can run on ev mode when the battery is full in city. This trip is on hilly roads. One trip on interstate I got 37mpg, but it was cold and I pushed the car. When you switch the Econo button off the car feels so powerful and fast. Acura dampers make the car feel luxury and sporty. The change between driving modes is seamless but I do feel when engine mode kicks inn. No doubt this the best hybrid in the market now.

Favorite Features

MPG Driving modes with the display to tell you what the car is doing, as there is no connection between the gas pedal and the engine. Very quite. Sporty driving dynamics. Lane Departure warning. Collision avoidance system. Adaptive cruise control. Very spacious, full-size sedan. Comfortable ride and sporty at same time. Steering wheel is sporty and accurate with good feel, even though it is an electric steering system, feel similar to the old sporty honda power steering.

Suggested Improvements

trunk space bigger, I don't know how, may be put a flat battery under the body like tesla. Trunk space of 12.7 is ok but could be better. Make the change to engine mode more seamless. I can find anything else. Honda Addvertise more for this car, no body know about it . Use technology on other hybrids, insight and civic you get an unbelievable MPG.
By stdhou
on 03/04/14 20:39 PM (PST)

Too bad fog lights not available in any of the accord hybrids; not even touring! Without fog lights, the hybrids look like they have missing teeth in the bottom.

By bonarigo
on 07/15/14 05:07 AM (PDT)

Have almost 2000 miles on 2014 Accord Hybrid. Have never achieved more than 43 mpg. In the hands of the dealer, who drove the car for 400 mph, they achieved the same mpg. Don't know where the spectacular mileage claimed in these reviews come from since professional reviews can not match them.