Bye to Lexus GS, Hello Honda Accord Hybrid Touring.
By tropwes on
2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I recently owned the Lexus GS AWD 2013 model, but upon learning of the Honda Accord Hybrid touring model, options, styling and reviews, not to mention MPG, I swapped. This new gen Honda is shockingly high end on the inside and outside. If you ignore the badging, you likely would think you were in a something from Acura, Lexus, or possibly Audi. The features and so rich and high end. I was only test driving for fun because of the MPG and I was instantly sold. The tech inside of the this touring model includes a very feature rich GPS, massive connectivity features via bluetooth with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the wife's 5s. The Adaptive Cruise is outragous and the blind spot monitor!!!
Favorite Features
#1, Adaptive Cruise Control. You hardly see this feature in the market, but Honda has it on the Accord Touring series. Also, the sideview turn assist or whatever its called... it comes on instantly and it's clear and very useful. The backup camera is just slightly "processed" which makes it drag a bit so be careful about racing in reverse. The good news though is that backup cam has multiple angle and line reference options. I changed it to be like lexus since I was confortable with that. #2, MPG... MPG is truly 36 average is the 5 degree temps, but 46 easily in the 50+ temps. I drive 90% NJ turnpike averaging around 68mph and those are my numbers. If I drive locally, I get 55-60mpg.
Suggested Improvements
This car is loaded with features... and it's a Honda, so initially I would just leave this area blank. It's perfect. However, if there was an option for heated steering wheel, I would have paid for it. I commend Honda for making a really great Hybrid vehicle that is a real car, it zooms if you want to and it sips fuel if you want to. I love it.