2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Review: It ain't perfect, but close en

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

It ain't perfect, but close enough.
By dat4life on

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my base Hybrid for a month and put a little over 2K miles on it. It's been amazing so far. I've averaged about 48 mpg so far in mixed driving, which probably be higher if temps didn't drop below freezing which caused me to average about 36 mpg on my current tank. Handling is good for a big sedan, and it feels like it has as much power as my former '04 Accord EX-L V6 Navi. Brakes are smooth and linear, unlike the jerky brakes found on the Prius's I've rented. Seats are supportive and comfortable, and the interior fit and finish is quite good. I find the infotainment system to be decently intuitive. The base audio system is ok, though not great.

Powerful, smooth, and very efficient powertrain; roomy and comfortable interior; and the blind spot camera (Lane Watch) is pretty useful.

Whilt the base Hybrid is essentially a EX model, the deletion of the moonroof is a bit puzzling. I orginally wanted a EX-L Hybrid, but ended up buying the base because I couldn't get the navigation system with it (must step up to touring), unlike on the conventional EX-L. I added leather to my base Hybrid and still saved almost $4,000 over buying the EX-L, as the my dealer was willing to negotiate for the base and not the EX-L.