2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Review: Good MPG, Excellent Features

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Good MPG, Excellent Features
By vshands on

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my hybrid Ex-L for about a month now. I regularly get around 53 mpg city, but my highway mpg runs around 37 even with the econ button on (I have a bit of a lead foot). The mpg is effected more in cold weather than traditional cars. I love how I can put it in electric mode for short trips if the battery is charged enough, its perfect for running to the grocery store. Like another reviewer mentioned, the battery rarely gets fully charged, but does well enough. It doesn't drive like the traditional hybrid (no hesitation) unless you put it in econ mode.

I love the right turn camera. I had no idea how much of a pain it was to turn my head to check my blind spot until I no longer had to do it! I also really like the look of the day running lights, they are just a thin strip like a sports car. The technology is great, I love all the different displays that tell me how green I am driving and my eco score so that I can learn to drive safer and more efficiently (but still not like a grandma).

My only negative comment is that I hate not being able to put the back seats down for larger cargo and having a small trunk space because that is where the battery is.
By bonarigo
on 12/27/14 18:34 PM (PST)

Have read the above report which tends to be a redo of the Honda marketing report. My Eco score is invariably 85 to 95. Have never gotten more than 42 mpg in town and 43 on highway.