2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Review: Best Accord Yet

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Best Accord Yet
By hondafan35 on

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the 3rd Honda Accord I have purchased. A 01 EX-L V6, 08 EX-L V6 Navi and now this EX-L Hybrid. When looking for a new vehicle I wanted something reliable and luxurious. While shopping for a new car my son told me that this new Hybrid was launching and that it got great mileage, which in my daily commute would be great. I test drove the car, and it was Quiet and Smooth. I was sold, I purchased the car right away because I knew this was a winner. I have now had the car since about November 7th and I can say that it does get 50 MPG and I don't miss the Navigation because when I bought my 08 and the end of 07, the iPhone had just come out, fast forward to 2014, the iPhone is a GPS.

In my daily commute to Atlanta the best feature has to be the Foward Collision Warning, yeah it doesn't auto brake like other systems, but it sure does get your attention early enough so I have plenty of time to avoid hitting a cut-off artist. Also with cut-off artist, an Accord has excellent handling and road manners and is composed at all times, along with VSA, this car is planted to the road.

My only improvement to honda on this car would be to ADVERTISE FOR IT. I have had the car nearly 2 months and have yet to see a commercial saying, hey we have this great to Eco friendly car. Other than that Honda has no way no improve the car, It's a winner, and they know it.
By tropwes
on 01/07/14 12:52 PM (PST)

If you get the touring model, the adaptive cruise control does apply the brake as part of the Forward Crash Warning system. I truly stopped looking at the road because it's utterly unnecessary with the FCW and ACC... not to mention LDW.