2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:
Review from a satisfied customer.
By edmundsdon on 07/06/14 15:35 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Accord in January. I commute to work with it daily, and we use it for road trips whenever we can. Despite what a few individuals in the automotive press are saying, this Accord DOES achieve the EPA mileage stated of 47mpg highway / 50 city. As an actual owner, I can truthfully state this is the case. If anything, the EPA mpg estimates are LOW, as I've been able to get far better mileage without any special effort on my part. Two things will affect the mileage you get with this car: cold weather, and running the A/C climate controls in manual. Best to use Automatic.

2014 Accord Hybrid - 2 months in...
By srjjcham on 06/13/14 18:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After about 2,000 miles I would like to give as accurate of a review as I can on the 2014 Accord Hybrid. First off, this is not a sports car - don't get me wrong, when you take off "econ" mode and hit the gas this car moves great, and it has VERY responsive handling and braking. But this car begs to be driven conservatively & casually (picture Low Rider playing in the background while you are out cruising). The reward is a car VERY comfortable, easy to drive, with INSANE gas mileage. The 47/50 ratings are wrong - they are LOW. We regularly drive about 50/50 mix and get 52-55 average - maybe warmer weather helps some. Can go 800 mi per tank. Same quality Accord as always with high mpg.

Everything good but rear windshield
By hondafan888 on 06/10/14 14:40 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am happy for what I picked especially the mpg about average over 44 mpg for my first tank of gas. For all Accord hybrid: Please pay attention to your rear windshield, Have you see any object or image of waviness, curving around like you are in a steamy hot desert???? My Honda service manager, advisor all seems happen only on Hybrid. Honda won't do nothing if you all don't complaint it. I can't see ant straight line behind me!!!!!

Gotta Love It
By newhopian on 05/20/14 10:07 AM (PDT)

I registered ~2800 miles on my 2014 Accord Hybrid Touring, and I gotta love it! I had to learn how to maximize mpg, which is my focus in this review. First, my hybrid starts with lower mpg on every trip and builds as I drive. Best mpg requires about 10 miles of mixed driving (or longer on the highway). Second, one is not rewarded for slow acceleration (in EV mode). This drains battery power, and reduces the number of miles driven in EV mode. Best mileage (51 mpg average this month, 48.5 overall) comes from accelerating quickly enough to engage the gas engine and easing back to EV mode once you have reached cruising speed. Slow deceleration is always rewarded, as is downhill battery charging.

It ain't perfect, but close enough.
By dat4life on 04/22/14 06:48 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my base Hybrid for a month and put a little over 2K miles on it. It's been amazing so far. I've averaged about 48 mpg so far in mixed driving, which probably be higher if temps didn't drop below freezing which caused me to average about 36 mpg on my current tank. Handling is good for a big sedan, and it feels like it has as much power as my former '04 Accord EX-L V6 Navi. Brakes are smooth and linear, unlike the jerky brakes found on the Prius's I've rented. Seats are supportive and comfortable, and the interior fit and finish is quite good. I find the infotainment system to be decently intuitive. The base audio system is ok, though not great.

Good MPG, Excellent Features
By vshands on 03/31/14 14:17 PM (PDT)

I've had my hybrid Ex-L for about a month now. I regularly get around 53 mpg city, but my highway mpg runs around 37 even with the econ button on (I have a bit of a lead foot). The mpg is effected more in cold weather than traditional cars. I love how I can put it in electric mode for short trips if the battery is charged enough, its perfect for running to the grocery store. Like another reviewer mentioned, the battery rarely gets fully charged, but does well enough. It doesn't drive like the traditional hybrid (no hesitation) unless you put it in econ mode.

LEGEND OF 21ST CENTURY
By milescruiser on 02/18/14 10:12 AM (PST)

I got this car 2 weeks ago it amazing to say the least . I got 52 mpg on a 64 mile trip, on small hwy , with stop an go sometimes 4 way stop signs I posted a 2 minute video, you can watch it in my link . Search you tube ' physics honda hybrid' The system is very smart. And you can run on ev mode when the battery is full in city. This trip is on hilly roads. One trip on interstate I got 37mpg, but it was cold and I pushed the car. When you switch the Econo button off the car feels so powerful and fast. Acura dampers make the car feel luxury and sporty. The change between driving modes is seamless but I do feel when engine mode kicks inn. No doubt this the best hybrid in the market now.

So far so good, question about Battery Gauge
By dothetime on 01/15/14 12:27 PM (PST)

Just picked up my Accord Hybrid Touring edition a few days ago. Quiet, smooth, reasonable power. I have a question to you other owners. I can't get my hybrid battery gauge above 6 bars, and gas mileage above 40 MPG Does your gauge go to the full 8 bars? I'd like to know before I ask the dealer. Came out of a Mercedes E350, not the same standard of luxury, but I love all the techno gadgets.

Bye to Lexus GS, Hello Honda Accord Hybrid Touring.
By tropwes on 01/07/14 08:57 AM (PST)

I recently owned the Lexus GS AWD 2013 model, but upon learning of the Honda Accord Hybrid touring model, options, styling and reviews, not to mention MPG, I swapped. This new gen Honda is shockingly high end on the inside and outside. If you ignore the badging, you likely would think you were in a something from Acura, Lexus, or possibly Audi. The features and so rich and high end. I was only test driving for fun because of the MPG and I was instantly sold. The tech inside of the this touring model includes a very feature rich GPS, massive connectivity features via bluetooth with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the wife's 5s. The Adaptive Cruise is outragous and the blind spot monitor!!!

Best Accord Yet
By hondafan35 on 01/04/14 21:13 PM (PST)

This is the 3rd Honda Accord I have purchased. A 01 EX-L V6, 08 EX-L V6 Navi and now this EX-L Hybrid. When looking for a new vehicle I wanted something reliable and luxurious. While shopping for a new car my son told me that this new Hybrid was launching and that it got great mileage, which in my daily commute would be great. I test drove the car, and it was Quiet and Smooth. I was sold, I purchased the car right away because I knew this was a winner. I have now had the car since about November 7th and I can say that it does get 50 MPG and I don't miss the Navigation because when I bought my 08 and the end of 07, the iPhone had just come out, fast forward to 2014, the iPhone is a GPS.