Used 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:

2014 Accord Hybrid Great Ride
By dave

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased when Accord Hybrids were new in fall of 2014, in Wisconsin.
Sticker price 36k with navigation. Purchased for about 33k. Not a great discount
but nobody had them in stock. That's OK. First wave buyers accept that.

Mileage is about 43-44 in nice-moderate weather. Drops to 38 in winter cold.
Now that the car is over a year old, I thought I'd share my impressions.

I'm glad I bought it!
It drives better than I expected. It has excellent pick up, handling AND BRAKING!
The trunk is medium sized due to hybrid- no problem, I could see that before I bought.
It's fun to drive which is nice.
The car is plenty big for four adults- which is why I wanted Accord vs Prius or Civic.
It's a pleasure to go to the gas station half as much as I used to.
I realize with the purchase price of the car vs gas price, you don't win financially necessarily.
But you don't have to refill as often.
I've had absolutely no problems with it- just 2 oil changes.

With elderly parents 100 miles away, on a moment's notice we can get the 911 call.
It's nice not to have to take the time and anguish to gas up when you're in a hurry to get there.
We can do a round trip with 1/3 tank.
Big surprise- my wife loves to drive it.
She has never really "liked" a car before.
Just transportation. But she enjoys driving this one.
I highly recommend the Accord Hybrid.

update Legend of 21st Century
By Hisham Goreish

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Amazing MPG if drive in city or back roads highway 55-60 miles per hour, drops about 10 miles in cold winter and heavy rain, I have been getting 55 mpg easily on City and small highway, I got repeatedly 60-70 mg in a prolonged City drive, I cannot believe it myself. Interstate 45 mpg at 70 miles per hour, and drops if you go faster.
I rented a Toyota pruis, the ride and and quality of the Honda is far much better, a difference of day and night, you feel like you are in a luxury car in the Honda accord hybrid. I am surprised how people pay for the Toyota pruis while the got get a Honda accord hybrid . The mpg is not much better in the Toyota pruis , actually the Honda hybrid accord gets better MPG in certain situations and roads.
It is a car with no transmission, only one in the world for this price, so it is unique and it is a history in the making. I think the KARMA does not have transmission too. Honda always do stuff like that like the Honda S 2000 only street car with RPM up to 9000. or Tesla an electric car with a range of 300 miles and beats M5.
In other words this is a historic car, NO TRANSMISSION .
Change between different driving modes feels like a gear change, and becomes predictable when you get used to driving.
Loud noise at certain slow driving situations is understandable when you know how the iMMD works. I call it the iVTEC SYMPHONY. It makes you feel like you are driving a FORMULA 1 CAR, which is hybrid by the way.
The car is sporty like a Honda accord and faster than the 4 cylinder accord, and priced right between the v6 and 4 cylinder accord, so you do not feel like you spend too much on a hybrid and worry about recovering the cost of the hybrid.
Gas prices are down below 2$, I feel I made a good choice by buying a Honda accord hybrid, I have not lost any power or fun going hybrid. I feel all cars should have this system.
you can watch my you tube videos at physics Honda accord hybrid.

upgrade from the civic hybrid
By steve

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Once my civic hit 99k I decided it was time to upgrade comfort, power and size. When I saw the mileage ratings of 45/50 and read the reviews I was hooked. I purchased the car about 6 months ago and have driven 21K miles. AVG mpg since the start is 38.5. OK, I realize I drive a little faster than most (75 avg on hwy) and I also realize that I purchased the car in the dead of winter (which I am told will adversely affect mileage), but 10mpg under??. The ride is great, the comfort is great and overall I am happy with the vehicle. Is the car worth the extra money to upgrade to the hybrid?, not unless you keep it for 500,000 plus miles. Also I am having a couple of issues. 1 - There are about 25 paint chip marks on the very front of the hood, I never had this with any vehicle I have purchased (this is my 12th new purchase). 2 - There is a knocking sound on the passenger side when starting out or stopping that has been there from day 1, it almost sounds like a spring popping. I mentioned it when I was in for an oil change at the dealer but was told a mechanic was not available. So, I just made an appointment a week from now so we will see.

Ok Car
By sankara

43MPG.. 12 months of driving. Very poor pickup ( even compared to other Hybrid). No so fun to drive.

Not worth the extra cost.

Exceptional Gas Mileage
By edmundsdon

I've owned my Accord Hybrid for well over a year. I have 17k miles on it. I've keep track of my mileage and record it every fillup. Honda is right on the mark with the mileage claims for this vehicle. Yes, it is true that cold weather takes a toll on the mileage in the short term; as does cruising above 70 mph continuously. Pre-heating or cooling the interior, ditto.It's all in how you drive it. My "real world" mileage is exactly what was advertised if you combine the extraordinary summer mileage (55+) with the still impressive (42+-) cold weather mileage and average it. It works for me, and I take no heroic measures to accomplish this. Honda did their homework on this car, and it's true.

Well, the mileage of course! After that, it would have to be the spirited performance of a large car. Third, the outward visibility is a cut above the competition; no gun-slit windows here, and you don't bump your head getting in the front seat or the back. Also, the car feels substantial and well balanced on all four corners, it handles very well!

Well, I've got to put something here, so, yes I'll say it too; a slightly larger trunk would be nice. If you've three kids in the back seat, you won't be looking at this car anyway. However I still feel it's better than driving a small hatchback. The engine revs at times, as it generates electricity; and one quickly becomes used to it. Mostly the car cruises along silently.