2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:

Ok Car
By sankara

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

43MPG.. 12 months of driving. Very poor pickup ( even compared to other Hybrid). No so fun to drive. Not worth the extra cost.

Favorite Features

nothing speciic

Suggested Improvements

better acceleration

Exceptional Gas Mileage
By edmundsdon

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned my Accord Hybrid for well over a year. I have 17k miles on it. I've keep track of my mileage and record it every fillup. Honda is right on the mark with the mileage claims for this vehicle. Yes, it is true that cold weather takes a toll on the mileage in the short term; as does cruising above 70 mph continuously. Pre-heating or cooling the interior, ditto.It's all in how you drive it. My "real world" mileage is exactly what was advertised if you combine the extraordinary summer mileage (55+) with the still impressive (42+-) cold weather mileage and average it. It works for me, and I take no heroic measures to accomplish this. Honda did their homework on this car, and it's true.

Favorite Features

Well, the mileage of course! After that, it would have to be the spirited performance of a large car. Third, the outward visibility is a cut above the competition; no gun-slit windows here, and you don't bump your head getting in the front seat or the back. Also, the car feels substantial and well balanced on all four corners, it handles very well!

Suggested Improvements

Well, I've got to put something here, so, yes I'll say it too; a slightly larger trunk would be nice. If you've three kids in the back seat, you won't be looking at this car anyway. However I still feel it's better than driving a small hatchback. The engine revs at times, as it generates electricity; and one quickly becomes used to it. Mostly the car cruises along silently.

Gas mileage
By Susanne Jusino

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I would never have traded in my Camry hybrid if I knew the Honda accord hybrid only got 39 mpg. What a disappointment. I have had many Hondas but now I will go back to Toyota.

Gas Mileage Update: 17k miles on vehicle
By hallsc

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

On average I get between 38 and 45 mpg combined. I will say it depends heavily on your coasting vs. using the throttle and brakes heavily. During the summer months I got closer to 45-55 mpg but during the winter months it appears as though the 38-42 is more accurate hence my 38-45 range.

Favorite Features

Car runs excellent and it fairly comfortable. Gets between 650 and 730 miles to the tank

Suggested Improvements

The trunks space is lacking and the shocks are terrible.

Love this car.
By rukem1

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had to wait 2 months to get the model I wanted (2014 Touring) but I am very happy with this car. I was getting 45-47 in the summer but I'm finding my mileage closer to 38-40 when the temperature gets below freezing. I think the gasoline blend has a lot to do with that. I have been able to get over 50 but I live on a hill, so the overall mileage reflects that. The performance is excellent. Much like an Acura TL service car I drove when I owned my MDX. You get used to the gasoline engine noise in the background, especially when you realize the engines primary purpose is running the generator for the powerful electric drive motor. And over 40 mph, the gasoline motor is capable of 45 mpg.

Favorite Features

Convenience of the keyless unlock and start. Handling. Very good steering, braking and acceleration for a mid-sized sedan. Interior comfort.

Suggested Improvements

My wife missed the auto steering column adjust we had on the MDX, but otherwise the Accord seem to have a lot of Acura features built in.