2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord Hybrid model:

upgrade from the civic hybrid
By steve

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Once my civic hit 99k I decided it was time to upgrade comfort, power and size. When I saw the mileage ratings of 45/50 and read the reviews I was hooked. I purchased the car about 6 months ago and have driven 21K miles. AVG mpg since the start is 38.5. OK, I realize I drive a little faster than most (75 avg on hwy) and I also realize that I purchased the car in the dead of winter (which I am told will adversely affect mileage), but 10mpg under??. The ride is great, the comfort is great and overall I am happy with the vehicle. Is the car worth the extra money to upgrade to the hybrid?, not unless you keep it for 500,000 plus miles. Also I am having a couple of issues. 1 - There are about 25 paint chip marks on the very front of the hood, I never had this with any vehicle I have purchased (this is my 12th new purchase). 2 - There is a knocking sound on the passenger side when starting out or stopping that has been there from day 1, it almost sounds like a spring popping. I mentioned it when I was in for an oil change at the dealer but was told a mechanic was not available. So, I just made an appointment a week from now so we will see.

Ok Car
By sankara

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

43MPG.. 12 months of driving. Very poor pickup ( even compared to other Hybrid). No so fun to drive. Not worth the extra cost.

nothing speciic

better acceleration

Exceptional Gas Mileage
By edmundsdon

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned my Accord Hybrid for well over a year. I have 17k miles on it. I've keep track of my mileage and record it every fillup. Honda is right on the mark with the mileage claims for this vehicle. Yes, it is true that cold weather takes a toll on the mileage in the short term; as does cruising above 70 mph continuously. Pre-heating or cooling the interior, ditto.It's all in how you drive it. My "real world" mileage is exactly what was advertised if you combine the extraordinary summer mileage (55+) with the still impressive (42+-) cold weather mileage and average it. It works for me, and I take no heroic measures to accomplish this. Honda did their homework on this car, and it's true.

Well, the mileage of course! After that, it would have to be the spirited performance of a large car. Third, the outward visibility is a cut above the competition; no gun-slit windows here, and you don't bump your head getting in the front seat or the back. Also, the car feels substantial and well balanced on all four corners, it handles very well!

Well, I've got to put something here, so, yes I'll say it too; a slightly larger trunk would be nice. If you've three kids in the back seat, you won't be looking at this car anyway. However I still feel it's better than driving a small hatchback. The engine revs at times, as it generates electricity; and one quickly becomes used to it. Mostly the car cruises along silently.

Gas mileage
By Susanne Jusino

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I would never have traded in my Camry hybrid if I knew the Honda accord hybrid only got 39 mpg. What a disappointment. I have had many Hondas but now I will go back to Toyota.

Gas Mileage Update: 17k miles on vehicle
By hallsc

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

On average I get between 38 and 45 mpg combined. I will say it depends heavily on your coasting vs. using the throttle and brakes heavily. During the summer months I got closer to 45-55 mpg but during the winter months it appears as though the 38-42 is more accurate hence my 38-45 range.

Car runs excellent and it fairly comfortable. Gets between 650 and 730 miles to the tank

The trunks space is lacking and the shocks are terrible.