Crosstour in Palm Beach
By b_k_m on
2011 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
The decision to acquire a Crosstour was a big one for me. We were coming off a lease on a 2008 Odyssey EX-L. I was initially looking at a Volvo XC 70 wagon, BMW X6 and Lexus RX 330 (we own a Lexus ES 330). While the Lexus did afford us greater luxury and the Volvo did net more of a car feel, we went Crosstour. Simply put, we managed to laser in on value, ride (little higher than a car), performance and functionality. The Crosstour cleared the others by a mile particularly on price and reliability.
Favorite Features
Pros: Great vehicle for my kids aged 3 and 5 yrs. The car still holds plenty of items needed. The style is unique in a good way and the performance is excellent. Good acceleration and great gas mileage for a 6 cylinder. I really like the front exterior style. The rear exterior is growing on me. I opted for the EX-L black on black. It is a strong combo. I really enjoy the nimble performance and plenty of good comments/looks!
Suggested Improvements
Cons: Offer some great colors! I would suggest bright red for starters. Need a power rear hatch which can be activated by touch of a button. The EX-L should come standard with a back up camera (this would be a HUGE +). Maybe work to refine the rear styling. The rear tail lights should emulate the front end by becoming narrower. My advice: Think of the Porsche 928S4 (circa 1991) styling...sharp, narrow and angled. Overall this is a great vehicle. It is good looking and functional. It is a difficult combo indeed when looking at cars available in the market. If you can get past your pretentious vibe of needing a BMW or Lexus, this is THE vehicle in the cross over category.