Used 2011 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord-crosstour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord Crosstour model:

Love, love, LOVE this car!!!!
By southernchick

2011 Honda Accord Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

You have to see this car in person to see how gorgeous it really is, inside and out. Kudos to the designers for thinking outside of the box and designing a sleek, good looking "crossover" vehicle. The inside fit and finish is luxurious, gorgeous leather, burled wood trim. The controls are simple, easy to read and use. The entire cabin is very spacious, including the back seats - super comfortable and plenty of leg room. The drive is so quiet and ultra smooth - like driving on glass.

Favorite Features

The design, sleek sporty style of the car. The interior fit and finish - well made, rich, gorgeous. The seats are ultra comfortable for any height. The best feature to me is how it drives and handles in the city and on the highway. Love the hatchback and the storage room too.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility - Honda should make back up sensors standard in the non-navigation models. Would like to have a hatchback release inside the car. Neither one of these things is a big problem since the rest of the car is amazing inside and out.

New Crosstour reasons for buying
By skunkape

2011 Honda Accord Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This will be wife's car.We wanted something that was easy to enter and exit, rode smooth and had an easy access for loading groceries etc. My wife carries several large plastic containers for work and arts and craft supplies. We both have bad backs and I am 6'2" and find it painful to get in and out of most cars. We considered a Honda Coupe for my wife but it is smaller inside than it appears. We did not want an SUV or truck like vehicle. The Crosstour fills our needs very well and is very comfortable and roomy. Everyone thinks it is very expensive when they see the Ivory leather interior. It's an Accord so it will be very reliable.

Favorite Features

-Ease of entry & exit -Comfortable seats -Comfortable ride -Easy to load height -Very quiet inside -Accord reliability -Plenty of HP -Smooth transmission -Excellent fit and finish -Beautiful leather seats -Dual seat and mirror memories -Excellent head and fog lights

Suggested Improvements

-Needs a back up camera* *We had one installed that shows monitor in rear-view mirror. A big improvement

Happy in Melbourne
By captwest

2011 Honda Accord Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Waited 3 mos. to write the review in case of problems and there are none. Crosstour styling is fine with me and it rides great and the interior is extremely comfortable. Traded in the hybrid Insight and my back does not hurt anymore on long trips. Car is heavy, but does not drive like a truck, handles very nicely and has above average acceleration. MPG city has been around 20, highway about 26.

Favorite Features

Comfort of interior leather seats, overall styling and cargo room. Very quiet and little road or wind noise.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely need back up camera without buying the navigation option. Would like turning lights on side mirrors.

Crosstour in Palm Beach
By b_k_m

2011 Honda Accord Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The decision to acquire a Crosstour was a big one for me. We were coming off a lease on a 2008 Odyssey EX-L. I was initially looking at a Volvo XC 70 wagon, BMW X6 and Lexus RX 330 (we own a Lexus ES 330). While the Lexus did afford us greater luxury and the Volvo did net more of a car feel, we went Crosstour. Simply put, we managed to laser in on value, ride (little higher than a car), performance and functionality. The Crosstour cleared the others by a mile particularly on price and reliability.

Favorite Features

Pros: Great vehicle for my kids aged 3 and 5 yrs. The car still holds plenty of items needed. The style is unique in a good way and the performance is excellent. Good acceleration and great gas mileage for a 6 cylinder. I really like the front exterior style. The rear exterior is growing on me. I opted for the EX-L black on black. It is a strong combo. I really enjoy the nimble performance and plenty of good comments/looks!

Suggested Improvements

Cons: Offer some great colors! I would suggest bright red for starters. Need a power rear hatch which can be activated by touch of a button. The EX-L should come standard with a back up camera (this would be a HUGE +). Maybe work to refine the rear styling. The rear tail lights should emulate the front end by becoming narrower. My advice: Think of the Porsche 928S4 (circa 1991) styling...sharp, narrow and angled. Overall this is a great vehicle. It is good looking and functional. It is a difficult combo indeed when looking at cars available in the market. If you can get past your pretentious vibe of needing a BMW or Lexus, this is THE vehicle in the cross over category.

Surprisingly good
By rcr5

2011 Honda Accord Crosstour Hatchback EX-L 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had originally planned to buy a CRV but I also drove the Crosstour and was surprised at how nice the car is because it has not received very good ratings from the various industry reviewers. I find it to be comfortable, very smooth, extremely quiet on the highway, and reasonably economical to drive; I have been getting 27-28 MPG in mixed city and highway driving. Many of the reviewer criticisms have related to styling and appearance and those are of course individual choices but to me the car looks very much like a 4DR version of the Accord coupe and I have received many admiring comments about the appearance.

Favorite Features

Extremely quiet on the highway, excellent sound system, plenty of power and reasonable gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The turning radius could be improved; it is three feet larger than the turning radius on the regular Accord sedan. It is not a problem, however; the car is still easy to handle in crowded parking lots.