2010 Honda Accord Crosstour Consumer Review: A cross breed indeed

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr Hatchback (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Navigation)

A cross breed indeed
By Bon on

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I considered a couple of more truck- like crossovers. Ultimately I picked the Crosstour and am happy I did. Deciding factors were the Honda build quality and reliability reputation, as well as the better gas mileage obtainable from the Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) engine, which cuts out cylinders when the engine is not under load. I've owned several Honda's and this one has better build quality than ever, and the interior surfaces, leather and storage are better than any of my previous Hondas. Ride is smooth and quality. Fit and finish are tight. The Nav/Entertainment system is much improved from Hondas of a couple years ago, including Bluetooth and iPod interface. Great car!

Favorite Features

VCM engine can get great gas mileage if you drive easy but has power if you need to stomp on it. Storage compartments in the back and Nav/B/U camera, iPod interface are great. Terrific build quality. Upgraded chrome-look wheels are sharp

Suggested Improvements

Available color choices are mostly lame. I turned off the feature that adjusts either side r/v mirror downward when in reverse. It was annoying and not worth a dime. The B/U camera is great anyway. Shorter passengers find the seats low compared to the window - but they're comfy anyway.