Used 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour

View reviews for a specific Accord Crosstour model:

Pretty Good-Electrical System has Issues
By johnnymize6

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2010 Accord Crosstour used with 39,000 miles. It has a smooth ride, is quiet, has a luxurious, roomy interior, and drives well. It is great for our family. The engine is smooth and has oodles of power and is pretty fuel efficient. The features are great and the design is very eye-catching. The problems: VCM sometimes shakes the car at certain speeds, and the electrical system is not great. The original battery had a cell failure at 45,000 miles, sand then the ac compressor shorted out, draining the replacement battery 3 times before we figured out the problem with 57,000 miles. Hopefully no more problems come up because it's a great car and everything else is reliable .

Favorite Features

Exterior design, comfort, back-up camera, Bluetooth, sunroof, comfortable heated seats, powerful engine, smooth ride, quiet, doors close with a solid thunk, feels very well built.

Suggested Improvements

VCM needs work, 6 speed auto instead of 5, electrical reliability, stronger brakes (seemed hot and warped a bit after driving the West Virginia Turnpike which requires lots of braking.)

Would buy it all over again
By tallmke

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After reaching 250000 trouble free miles on my CRV I decided to look for a different car. The Pilot seemed too big and I wanted something a little larger than the CRV, this was it. I'm 6'4" and fit very well in the Crosstour. Love the AWD, the Navi, bluetooth, great power and room. I like the height too, my 95 year old grandfather can get in and out with ease. The shock towers limit the cargo with a bit, but not a huge deal. Would be nice to be able to change the Navi voice, "she" sounds a little naggy sometimes. Only problem was with the dealer, Certified Used from Hidy Honda in OH. TERRIBLE. Would never buy a car from them again. Needed rear brakes after 6000 miles.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, NAVI/audio system and good power.

Suggested Improvements

Power hatch, side turn signal indicators and less intrusive shock towers in cargo area.

Bad Honda...bad, bad Honda...
By crapcrosstour

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded an '05 Yukon SLT for this farce of a fuel saver when the Crosstour first came out. I thought with gas prices rising, it would be a good move. NOT~This car gets worse mileage (both in city and hwy) than either of my 2 prior Yukies. Honda kept passing the mileage off as the car "needing to be broken in"...seriously? How much breaking in? I have had this car for almost 3 years (46K mi) and it is worse now than before. The car still looks great and the interior has held up nicely, except for the plastic pieces, not built to last. So far, I've replaced brakes, tires, lights, etc.

Favorite Features

When I bought this car, all crosstour dashes were black, I don't know if there are other options now or not, but in the summer, this, coupled with the fact that there is an ac powered by a gerbil, makes your face feel like you are roasting...Not cool, literally. My husband won't even ride in this car in the summer. But today is the end...Tomorrow, a more economical Cadillac crossover(GM~this Honda has brought me back to you) :)

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, more metal, light-colored dash, more cfm and rpm with a/c, better tires, better brakes, and big one here... Less slimy representatives to deal with customers.

best car i have ever had
By schwarzste

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 accord leather v-6 which was great. Then switched to Subaru legacy to save a few bucks. Subaru was great but small, felt like I was putting the car on like a pair of pants. Decided to go back to Honda for comfort. Saw a great deal on the crosstour lease. drove it and loved it!! 375.00 nothing down with 16k a year lease. Went with 2 WD and cloth to save a few bucks. Could not be happier with the car. Actually too happy I am at 3000 miles after 2 months. Decent gas milage 21 MPH around town, got 27 driving from Philly to NY city a few weeks ago. Comfy and quite plenty of room. Only complaint is the head rest, leans too far forward. they need to fix this.

Favorite Features

Ride is great!! Size is great!!! good visability especially at night on the highway, feels like your flying.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to fix head rest leans too far forward.

Style took awhile to get used to, but...
By awolff004

2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L 4dr Hatchback AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great to drive. When I looked at it I had gotten down to the Lacrosse, XC/S60s... and then I drove the CrossTour. Ride was just as smooth and comfortable. The 4 wheel drive gets me up my steep driveway in the winter. It has an "eco" function on it that reduces power for mpg... which means it's not the quickest off the line, but it'll growl and go if you tell it to. A couple of small design flaws: rear wiper is under-sized and not placed well to clean full swath across the glass and the front tires throw dirty water up over the hood during storms (curious whether mud flaps help?)--and no panoramic sunroof like the Edge and Enclave. But I really like driving my CrossTour!!!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, heated seats, 4 wheel drive. Good cargo room.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wiper placement/size; option to turn on/off "eco" function. Backup cam without navi being required. Something to keep puddle water from splashing up over the hood. Panoramic sun roof.