Pent-Up Demand
By coerich1 on
2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)
A couple of years late, it's finally here. It was definitely worth waiting for - it's a totally different car than the previous model. I've had the car for 2-1/2 months now and have 5100 miles on it, most of them highway miles. 80 - 85 mph is no problem, and it feels like 60. Smoothest and quietest vehicle I've ever owned. Magnetic Ride Control, improved insulation and active sound management really do work in this one. Highway mileage is impressive even at high speed. Best is 25 mpg so far (over a 50 mile distance driving with the wind). With no wind mpg is around 20. In town mpg is about 14, but average city/hwy so far is 17.2 mpg. Factory Continental tires get high ratings.
Favorite Features
I have to say the previous model was the best external styling I've seen in an SUV this size, and I'm still getting used to this more squared-off look - but I'm getting lots of compliments and it's growing on me. Fit and finish get good marks, dash and door panels are soft materials. Stitching is a nice touch. Not having to remove the third seat is one of the reasons I waited for this model. The large storage area behind the Nav screen is a great feature. You can still operate the Nav controls while driving as long as you agree it can be hazardous. The EcoTec engine changes from 8 to 4 cylinders and back seamlessly. My absolute favorite, though, is how smooth and quiet it is.
Suggested Improvements
Storage panel behind Nav screen should be lockable anytime, not just in 'Valet' mode, and still have the screen functional. Console lid should be lockable as well. Figure out a way to stow the third seat without the 4" platform. If other car manufacturers do it, so can GM. Careful what options you select since you might be losing some features you like by selecting them. I lost the sunglasses holder in the ceiling because I chose to have a better alarm system. The internal motion sensor system replaced the glasses holder. Also, no tow hooks with Adaptive Cruise. The cross-roof racks, console organizer and chrome exhaust tips should all be standard on the Denali, not options.
By puttingbirdies
on 06/09/14 23:59 PM (PDT)

I've been waiting a long time for the updated Yukon/Tahoe. Was ready to pull the trigger until I saw the dumbest afterthought from a car manufacturer! Come on guys, there is a reason why we buy these cars, and one of them is being able to haul stuff around. My only logic for this mishap is that the designer was 6'6" and they assume everyone is that tall! Why in the world would you give it a 36" height in the rear? I don't care the seats have a power fold down, I don't care if it's a pain the butt to take it out, at least it's not 36" high! This is a total deal killer for me! GM I hope you see this comment and realize what a dumb mistake you made! [non-permissible content removed]!!! WTH!!!