2015 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2015 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Major Problems
By jfullersf

2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Yukon is comfortable and exactly what I wanted. Tons of room, drives great, exactly like a $75,000 SUV should. But I have had constant issues since I purchased it. Most recent was the full replacement of the engine at 22,500 miles and 10 months of ownership. I've had seat issues, popping in steering wheel, loud wind noise coming from the sun roof. The 4 wheel drive system has had 3 issues and a recall since I owned it. The gauges stopped working, the steps get stuck. GM hasn't taken ownership that I have a lemon and this car needs to be bought back or replaced. I've owned 2 other Yukon Denali's and this has been the only one that I've ever had problems with.

Suggested Improvements

More testing should have been done prior to the early release of these SUV's.

New Standards set for Full-Size Luxury SUVs
By firemedic1105

2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

The NEW, GM 2015 model Full-size SUVs indeed set new standards in this segment. I ordered out my Yukon Denali, which currently has about 8000 miles. I have had flawless performance and ZERO recalls or issues. The 6.2L/420HP V-8 is incredible. The fit and finish of this truck is amazing and the list of features is endless. The interior comfort and quietness at highway speed rivals any luxury sedan. I compared the new GM's against the other domestic and import brands in this market. Without any doubts, the structural integrity, interior materials, options and engines were were far superior in the GM lineup. As many predict, I agree that GM will continue to dominate the full-size SUV market!

Favorite Features

I appreciate the massive 6.2L/420HP V-8 engine with active fuel management which allows me to obtain over 20mpg while cruising at highway speeds. Acceleration, braking and overall response is outstanding for a vehicle this size. I operate my truck in some brutal Wisconsin snow storms, the 4WD system could not be more sure-footed and reliable! Creature comforts like Large-screen Navigation, DVD Entertainment, multiple Media-links, Heated/Cooled leather seats and 12-speaker Bose sound compete head-to-head with the Import Brands, yet you will save $10-15K buying a much more solid truck. Numerous collision avoidance systems and security features are standard, keeping the occupants & truck safe.

Suggested Improvements

The 3rd row seat does lack leg room for adults. However the XL version of this truck certainly addresses that issue well. I typically never use the 3rd row and suggest keeping those seats folded down to better utilize that space for storage and utility.

Be Cautious
By coltsneck

2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

Almost all 2015 Yukons/Denalis with AWD are having severe problems with the transmission. Basically, if you used the AUTO setting on the drive selector the trans will lock into 4WD and never come out. GM has no fix for this problem yet. Driving the vehicle like this is unsafe and makes a horrible racket. It might also damage the vehicle. Avoid any Yukon or Tahoe until the fix is found. You can google this problem to read more about it

2015 SLT
By cntrlmodriver

2015 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Have had a new Yukon SLT for about a week - hardest part was finding one - much better looking than the Chevy Tahoe. Truck has been great to date. Driving home from the dealer (35-miles) at 71-MPH on cruise, the unbroken in truck did 21.3 MPG with air on (has towing package). The only thing I miss is my magnetic ride from my Tahoe LTZ. Other than that, far superior comfortand features.

Favorite Features

Love the Adaptive Cruise control and Rain Sense wipers. I drive a lot of highway miles and the adaptive is a nice feature. I missed the Rain Sense wipers from my 2007 Tahoe LTZ when I went to a 2013 LTZ.

Suggested Improvements

Mirrors could be a little larger, but getting used to them. Would like Magnetic Ride as an option.

Pent-Up Demand
By coerich1

2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (6.2L 8cyl 8A)

A couple of years late, it's finally here. It was definitely worth waiting for - it's a totally different car than the previous model. I've had the car for 2-1/2 months now and have 5100 miles on it, most of them highway miles. 80 - 85 mph is no problem, and it feels like 60. Smoothest and quietest vehicle I've ever owned. Magnetic Ride Control, improved insulation and active sound management really do work in this one. Highway mileage is impressive even at high speed. Best is 25 mpg so far (over a 50 mile distance driving with the wind). With no wind mpg is around 20. In town mpg is about 14, but average city/hwy so far is 17.2 mpg. Factory Continental tires get high ratings.

Favorite Features

I have to say the previous model was the best external styling I've seen in an SUV this size, and I'm still getting used to this more squared-off look - but I'm getting lots of compliments and it's growing on me. Fit and finish get good marks, dash and door panels are soft materials. Stitching is a nice touch. Not having to remove the third seat is one of the reasons I waited for this model. The large storage area behind the Nav screen is a great feature. You can still operate the Nav controls while driving as long as you agree it can be hazardous. The EcoTec engine changes from 8 to 4 cylinders and back seamlessly. My absolute favorite, though, is how smooth and quiet it is.

Suggested Improvements

Storage panel behind Nav screen should be lockable anytime, not just in 'Valet' mode, and still have the screen functional. Console lid should be lockable as well. Figure out a way to stow the third seat without the 4" platform. If other car manufacturers do it, so can GM. Careful what options you select since you might be losing some features you like by selecting them. I lost the sunglasses holder in the ceiling because I chose to have a better alarm system. The internal motion sensor system replaced the glasses holder. Also, no tow hooks with Adaptive Cruise. The cross-roof racks, console organizer and chrome exhaust tips should all be standard on the Denali, not options.