Used 2010 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2010 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Engine failure at 110,000 miles
By Frank Pocino

2010 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had to replace my Yukon with brand new engine at 110,000 miles because of cam/lifter failure. No help from GM or dealer. Apparently I am not alone. I have owned four Yukons/Suburbans. This is my last.

Buyer Beware
By Karen McAlpin

2010 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I am a Ford girl. My last GM roduct was an S10 Blazer in 1987. I've been driving Ford Explorers since 91. My current '99 Explorer has over 260,000 miles, never had any problem until 3 months ago the alternator went out 2 miles from home. No problem, drove it home, put on an alternator good to go in 45 minutes.
My wonderful husband was concerned about me driving it on the 160 mile round trips twice a week to help care for my Daddy who was dying, so he convinced me to switch to a used 2010 Denali with only 85,000 miles on it. Sounds great, looks great, no accidents, beautiful SUV, so we bought it from an individual. I drove it 2 days and as I approached a stop sign the check engine light came on, the engine went to low power, the positive traction warnings came on. It has a bad lifter. It's been at our mechanic almost 2 weeks while he and my husband contacted GM trying to get some help with the repair costs. GM has refused because the time limit ran out in February. My 16 year old Ford never left me stranded!

If I can fix this piece of junk and get rid of it, I'll be buying a Ford. I'll NEVER BUY GM PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!!!! And I intend to share my story with anyone who will listen.

Great Truck !!!!
By gmlover777

2010 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

What a wonderful truck. I love everything about this truck. It's beautiful looking and is very reliable! I got the SLT model and we are quiet lucky because it has all the features like the Denali. The only downside to this truck is the 3rd row seating. It's very uncomfortable although we never use it. Im a big guy im 5 foot 10 and I had to lie down on the bench because there was no room to place my feet. But what I do like is you can take the seat's off and it will give you a hell of a lot more space.
Great truck!! Always loved these trucks, expect the Chevrolet Tahoe!! Never buy that model too many problems with my experience.

Leather seats, Heated seats, DVD Player, Heated second row bench, Back up camera, Sensors when in reverse, Sun roof, Chrome handles, Chrome Tailpipe (Extra), Chrome Rims, and best for last the button to open the back door that you can press by holding the handle, or there's a button in the truck to open it, and a button on the key fob!

For my truck Im pleased with it!

Surprised
By taillight

2010 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a used base Yukon (35,000 km on it) to replace my 05 pathfinder. Good gas mileage, better than the pathfinder v6. The ride is really smooth on stock 17". I bought aftermarket 20's for next summer. The rear seats should fold into the floor! But they are not that heavy. I have towed the jetski, and the snowmobile with ease. The turning radius is tight, brakes seem good. Fairly quiet ride. Comfy seats. The steering is overboosted. The paint job is poor. The clearcoat must be thin, anything touches the paint and it will scratch it. The car is big, much bigger than the pathfinder, it takes a little getting use to and you have to pay attention parking it. I'm waiting for the reliability to drop

interior size with out rear seats, smooth ride, good gas mileage. front heat vents that blow directly on your feet for winter

6 cd holder in base model, bigger engine in base model, more drink holders in car. 1 touch up on the windows. under seat storage. second row bottom of the door storage. full control of the rear heat/cooling fan from the drivers seat. fold flat 3rd row seats. roof rack cross beams standard equip.

Traditional SUV
By James82

2010 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

After owning a 2000 Dodge Durango for 10 years it was time to replace it. I like the space and comfort that a traditional truck based SUV provides and the GMC Yukon did not disappoint. Even though the price tag was pushing close to a base Escalade, a fully loaded Denali seemed like a better choice. This car has an impressive tow rating which helps me for work, the fuel economy is as expected from a large SUV and an average of 14 mpg city and 22 mpg highway is okay coming from a previous guzzler so I'm used to it. This car is the ultimate road trip car with lots of space and comfortable seats. A good family car that can also hold its own during offroading and one of the best SUVs you can buy.

Comfortable seats, smooth ride, invigorating 6.2L, impressive towing capabilities, offroad prowess, loads of passenger space for 1st and 2nd rows, available captains chairs.

3rd row passenger space is very scant, xenon headlights, 3rd row becomes annoying to constantly remove, navigation screen should be placed higher.