2008 GMC Yukon SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Love it!
By Misty S on 03/23/10 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Best vehicle I have owned. Used to love to trade quite frequently, but not anymore. I love my Denali. Gas mileage isn't the greatest but it's a big SUV. What can you expect?

2 years with 2008 Denali
By Jay on 01/02/10 14:49 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Best SUV I have owned yet. Last three SUV's were Tahoes and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am innpressed with the creature comforts. After driving, and towing with the 6.2 liter engine I would never go back to the 5.3 liter engine. My commute is mostly highway and I average 16.5 at 70 MPH. 10 MPG towing the boat. Two problems a sticky back door lock and non sticky gas door cover that keeps opening. I have not had the dealer look at them, as I have yet go back to the dealer with 38K miles in two years.

2008 Denali AWD
By lgb on 10/30/09 17:12 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We first test drove the yukon SLT to replace our 2005 Denali. We never used the rear DVD player or Navigation in our 2005 so we thought we would down grade to the regular Yukon. NOT! Had to go back to the Denali series because the regular yukon didnt compare to the comfort we were used too. So we purchased a 2008 Denali.

2008 Denali Problems
By Sam Samson on 07/17/09 22:33 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had problems with the electrical systems (door locks, wipers, Navigation system,) and now worst of all the brakes. I went metal to metal on the rears after 33,000 miles. the calipers are failing to retract properly - thus Pads wearing out totally prematurely. Normally a car goes thru 3 sets of front pads to 1 set of rears. I've had my car serviced by dealerships only, thus far. When they rotate the tires, I ask them to check the brakes since the wheels are already off. Well At the time of last visit to the dealership, (22,363 miles) All was well-- now 11,000 miles later My right rear roter is shot on the inside only due to a defective caliper. What can I do about it????

Best Ride EVER
By 2008 Denali on 05/21/09 05:19 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab b/c my family needed a more comfortable ride for long trips. We looked at the Avalanche but really no difference from the Sierra with cabin space and comfort. The Denali rides like a dream. My truck had the old 5.3L V8 and felt just a little under- powered. The Denali with the new 6.2L V8 has plenty of power from towing my boat to accelerating for passing on the interstate (or even accelerating on the interstate while pulling the boat!!) Average gas mileage for my driving style is the same as the Sierra but definitely sucks more gas in town. Very comfortable, quiet ride. I do miss having a "truck" but that's what utility trailers are for.

Great Surburban
By d on 04/23/09 22:34 PM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Yes I said Surburban, because after 25 Chevrolets I traded up to a GMC- I liked the Styling better, This is a quantum leap in vehicle quality, styling and interor design. It's quiet, comfortable and roomy. The 5.3 with multi displacement is smmoth- can't even tell when its in 4 cyl mode. Remote start is a hit and the tri zone AC is a winner- everyone gets their temp selection

Misfire Misfire Misfire
By Rob on 03/11/09 08:36 AM (PDT)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle broke down on us 5 times in less than 6 months, and the dealership could not figure out the problem, or lack of trying to figure out the problem. One day someone got a bright idea to see if any another dealerships are experiencing the same problem, the vehicle will start until it gets hot, but don't turn it off because it won't start up again. Anyhoo, some other dealer was having that same problem and at last it was fixed.

Great SUV
By quikag on 01/24/09 13:47 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving my '08 Yukon Denali. The power is good, the comfort is awesome and it's just a nice SUV to drive. With the deals out there on these trucks, it's definitely worth checking out. I got $16k off sticker on a loaded '08 towards the end of the model year.

Love this Denali
By Saul Boyd on 01/18/09 08:29 AM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven and owned many automobiles. The Denali is a pleasure to drive. I traded my TrailBlazer in for the new Denali and the gas is not any worse than my TrailBlazer. It was a nice auto. I looked at every auto maker Toyota, Lexus, and others from outside the country only to find not one could pull me away from GMC.

Wow! I'm impressed!
By Ohio Yukon on 01/05/09 17:41 PM (PST)

2008 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2008 4WD GMC Yukon SLE for my wife after she wrecked her 2004 Honda Pilot. We initially were going to purchase another Pilot, however, being the savvy consumer, I also looked at the Dodge Aspen, the GMC Acadia, and the Buick Enclave. While we were at the GMC dealer, my wife noticed the Yukon after she test drove the Buick Enclave. We decided to give it a test drive and Wow! was I impressed. Even after just driving a loaded Buick Enclave the Yukon stood out as a more comfortable, smoother, and much more roomy vehicle. Plus with the $8000 dollar cash back incentive coupled with employee pricing it was an easy decision to make.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.