Used 2008 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Cheap Door Actuators and Handles
By jadams8

2008 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This will be the 3rd door actuator that has gone bad in less than 2 years on my 2008 GMC Denali. First the drivers door went bad then it was the passenger rear door and now it is the rear hatch actuator. I have received lies about the price by calling 2 different parts departments. I called one in Gainesville and one in Louisiana and the one in Louisiana quoted me 300.00 less than the Gainesville area.

Favorite Features

I like a lot about this vehicle except for the real cheap parts that they use.

Suggested Improvements

Add some more expensive or stable parts to an already expensive vehicle

Love it!
By Misty S

2008 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Best vehicle I have owned. Used to love to trade quite frequently, but not anymore. I love my Denali. Gas mileage isn't the greatest but it's a big SUV. What can you expect?

Favorite Features

Remote start and remote trunk. Most of the other bells and whistles I don't even use or know how to.

Suggested Improvements

Fold flat or removable 3rd row seats. Better lumbar.

2 years with 2008 Denali
By Jay

2008 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Best SUV I have owned yet. Last three SUV's were Tahoes and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I am innpressed with the creature comforts. After driving, and towing with the 6.2 liter engine I would never go back to the 5.3 liter engine. My commute is mostly highway and I average 16.5 at 70 MPH. 10 MPG towing the boat. Two problems a sticky back door lock and non sticky gas door cover that keeps opening. I have not had the dealer look at them, as I have yet go back to the dealer with 38K miles in two years.

Favorite Features

Never thought I would need a steering wheel heater but it is great on those cold days. Back up camera is great for connecting to the boat trailer on the 1st try. Passengers love the rear seat warmers Engine power and sound.

Suggested Improvements

Needs Bluetooth connection Tougher front spoiler. Touching a snowbank cracks them easily. Gas cap cover that actually stays closed.

2008 Denali AWD
By lgb

2008 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We first test drove the yukon SLT to replace our 2005 Denali. We never used the rear DVD player or Navigation in our 2005 so we thought we would down grade to the regular Yukon. NOT! Had to go back to the Denali series because the regular yukon didnt compare to the comfort we were used too. So we purchased a 2008 Denali.

Favorite Features

Love everything about the truck. Just need some getting used to. Lots of power and updated gagets.

Suggested Improvements

Radio/Navigation screen too small and too low on dash. Heated steering wheel never worked. Seat lumbar not that great and Miss the zeon headlamps on the old Denali. Oh yea, she's a gas guzzler for all you tree huggers out there sorry!

2008 Denali Problems
By Sam Samson

2008 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had problems with the electrical systems (door locks, wipers, Navigation system,) and now worst of all the brakes. I went metal to metal on the rears after 33,000 miles. the calipers are failing to retract properly - thus Pads wearing out totally prematurely. Normally a car goes thru 3 sets of front pads to 1 set of rears. I've had my car serviced by dealerships only, thus far. When they rotate the tires, I ask them to check the brakes since the wheels are already off. Well At the time of last visit to the dealership, (22,363 miles) All was well-- now 11,000 miles later My right rear roter is shot on the inside only due to a defective caliper. What can I do about it????