2007 GMC Yukon Consumer Review: Maybe I bought a LEMON?

2007 GMC Yukon - Consumer Review

Maybe I bought a LEMON?
By heather5586 on

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

At 19,000 miles (yes, 19,000) the transmission went completely out. GM did pay for the tow and fixed it quickly. It didn't cost us a penny since it was under the 100,000 powertrain warranty. Currently the vehicle has about 28,000 miles and the transmission has started slipping everytime I take off. In addition, the driver side air conditioner blows out HOT when set on the coldest setting while the passenger side works fine so I have to close all the vents on the driver side and put the passenger side vents on me to get cool air. GM probably won't cover this since it's out of the bumper to bumper warranty. This is will probably be the last GM I buy.

I like the look of the vehicle. The Bose system and moonroof are nice and have yet to fail me.

I feel like since GM has taken the huge hit from the economy they are making cheaper vehicles. Maybe I just got a bad car. I hate to rate the entire company on one vehicle but $40,000 for a vehicle with major problems with less than 20,000 miles is unacceptable. This car is in mint condition and driven normal. I grew up in a GM family but it's hard for me to rationalize spending more money on another GM.
By babjak1
on 04/03/14 16:13 PM (PDT)

LOL, that was the title I was going to use to write a review on the same year model. Had lots of troubles...my review coming.