Used 2007 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

I love, love, love my truck!
By Wendy

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV w/3SA (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After driving a mini-van for quite awhile, I was so excited about driving a truck again! In shopping around, we narrowed our choices down to the Yukon, Tahoe, and Armada. Fortunely, we fell upon a rebate that we just couldn't resist on the Yukon! I Love it! It has worked out very well for my children as well. There is plenty of elbow room for them. The rear A/C has been a lifesaver in our Texas heat! It runs smoothly, looks great, and gives us a secure feeling that we are well protected. The gas mileage could be better but we knew that when we bought it. The stereo is great and the instrument panel is well designed. OnStar, XM radio, and remote controls are wonderful. I highly recommend it!

Favorite Features

When grocery shopping, the remote control comes in very handy. The interior design is classy and convenient. Rear A/C is a must have!

Suggested Improvements

Obviously the gas mileage could be improved. Also, the cloth interior attracts every piece of lint, hair, and fuzz within a 2 mile radius! It probably isn't such a nuisance in trucks with darker colored interiors. Overall, excellent truck! I highly recommend it to everyone!

Good Vehicle
By Michael

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very spacious and comfortable. I am surprised on how little cargo storage room there is. It has a huge center console but that is it. Gas stinks but ,hey, it's a big vehicle. The interior is all plastic and the fake wood finish scratches very easily. Even most chrome accents are plastic underneath.

Favorite Features

Great take off when excellerating. Love the comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

More cargo space. No cubbies to hide and organize items. 3rd row should fold down flat. (Ford Expediition has this feature).Integrated iPod controls not just aux input.

Great Vehicle
By Peavey

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned several Suburbans in the past; as we became empty nesters I figured that I didn't need such a large vehicle. We downsized for a while, (tried a Jeep) but finally decided that we really enjoyed the larger size of the Yukons. I've had this vehicle for a year now, put on about 13,000 miles and am rather impressed. Almost no issues; the only problem I've experienced is that the power liftgate does not function consistently when the temp drops below zero (I'm in Minnesota) - but then neither do I. Fit, finish, comfort excellent - smooth vehicle for an SUV. No funny noises, except for an AC belt that occasionaly chirped until it was adjusted.

Favorite Features

Interior fit and finish, styling of interior. Great sound system. Vehicle handles great in the winter - very sure footed. Love the power liftgate and the adjustability of the seating.

Suggested Improvements

Predictably, the fuel economy. I average 15 to 16 mpg in mixed driving, about 18-20 on the highway. I can get that with our Dodge Hemi pickup; I'm not impressed. Gearing fa little tall, tranny doesn't downshift soon enough. Front end styling is better on the Tahoes. Remote start has limited range.

Garbage Truck - Do not BUY!!!!!!!
By Jeff

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had repeated difficulty with the electronics resulting in electric locks going uncontrollably up and down and the vehicle shutting down. I was also disappointed in On-Star. After purchasing turn x turn directions, I learned that the sattellite was not working in my area. They just kept my money until I brought it up after asking for directions and receiving the new of not having sattellite coverage in my area. I tried made in the USA, and I lived to regret it. POOR JOB GM!!!!!

Favorite Features

It looks pretty.

Suggested Improvements

How about being able to actually drive it!

2007 GMC Yukon XL Denali (6.2L)
By John

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2002 Yukon XL Denali, back in May/06 for my 07' Yukon XL Denali. I could not be happier with my choice, I got the Sealth Gray Met. w/Ebony Int. and the DVD system. the fit and finish on this truck is light years ahead of my 02' truck and even the 06'Yukon. I only took the for GM to almost go out of business before they allowed the designers to ready get it right this time. Maybe more people with take another look at GM and they can get back on track.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, room, AWD, functions

Suggested Improvements

Nothing