2007 GMC Yukon SLE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2007 Yukon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Sort Reviews by

Needs some tweeking
By Anonymous

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Keep in mind I am new to American cars. I bought this car because I wanted something comfortable with 3 row seating. For some reason I got so taken in by how comfortable it was driving the car that I forgot to even check the other rows, which I normally do when checking a car. I love how comfortable it is, nice, big, and seats 8...well that's what I thought. I guess after looking at the Sequioa and the Armada I thought it was safe to assume that the 3rd row had more than enough room...think again. Maybe the fact that I am 5'8" doesn't help, but I would expect for there to be room for me in the 3rd row. Overall the car is what it is, but for such a pricy American car I expected more.

Favorite Features

Driver seat comfort, DVD rear entertainment system, low noise, turn radius way better than any other I have driven.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable/reclining 2nd row would be great for enjoying the DVD and bose system and to make leg room for 3rd row seating, a little more trunk space without having to move up to the XL version. Better rear light design, too traditional. HID's would be great.

Gotta love the Fuel Management System
By Chris

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 99 Denali, then switched to the Envoy and Envoy XL for a few years. When I saw the 07 Yukon, I knew I had to have it. My wife wouldn't let me get the Denali(cost), but I have enough features on the one I got, so I'm not complaining. The big selling point was the fuel management system (V8/V4 auto switching). I get the same MPG as I did with my V6 Envoy XL. This the best Yukon yet! I can't even imagine how nice the Denali must be.

Favorite Features

Fuel management system, power fold in mirrors, and backup sensors.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the seats would fold flat in 2nd row. Even without the third row, the second row is 5" higher than the cargo area, when folded down.

Nice Truck / Poor Mileage
By Zwitter153

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2005 Yukon and I loved it. Got great milage and the only issue I had was the information display control were on the steering wheel. On the 2007 they moved the information controls to the dash, but I hate the circular gauge/dash design which is echoed in the head/tail lights.

Favorite Features

This is a luxury vehicle. The interior and seating are excellent.

Great Ride
By tc

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a new experience since getting rid of my 1999 and now driving this outstanding SUV. So much has changed, the design being the most signficant change for the good. I would like better gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Power lift gate and electronic folding rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Other options for 2 row seating. What happened to the bench?

Very Happy
By Chris S

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I swore I would never buy another American built SUV. Been driving a BMW X5 for the last three years. Size, features, price and warranty made me take a chance and dive into the Denali and I couldn't be happier. Great deal and great truck.

SLT Yukon
By knapper

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After six months of driving and 21,000 miles, I have gotten to know the service staff at the dealership on a first-name basis. They have fixed loose moldings on the rear doors, worked on air conditioner twice (without the problem being fixed), turned the front rotors, and fixed a broken arm on a rear seat. When not in shop, it performs well. Gas mileage is in the 21 - 22 mph on the Interstate. It pulls a 19 foot bass boat with ease and is very comfortable. Overall I am not dissatisfied but the little stuff is a pain.

Favorite Features

The interior room and power are strong points.

Suggested Improvements

Attention to detail during production would help.

Gary's 2007 Yukon
By gary

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Yukon. Had 2 little problems but was fixed very promptly.. (nothing big) Has all the room I need for comfort, drives great, handles great. Great GMC

Favorite Features

I love the new design outside and inside. Most I like the front end

Suggested Improvements

The motor has problems when the 4 cyl turn off. It struggles to gain power and you have to puch it hard to get back to speed

Utter Satisfaction
By Supercore

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just returned from a 5,361 mile trip, and could not be happier with my GMC. Averaged 20-22 mpg on the highway...except for the Interstate in West Texas which as an 80 mph speed limit, and I was pushing it to get home after 40 days away from home. I constantly had people complimenting my GMC, and commenting how much better looking it is than the Tahoe. Driver comfort is excellent, vision is excellent, Bose was excellent, and the constant compliments were very satisfying. The retractible running boards drew rave reviews and everyone said that they did not know they were offered. But, also everyone said that was worth the price for added comfort and ease of entrance and exit of my GMC. GMC has created an excellent SUV that defies the stigma of SUV's. I could not be happier with my investment. Most of all, you feel safer with full length air bags and rising abov" the normal traffic. Great job.

Favorite Features

Retractible running boards, autoride suspension, Bose radio, electronic message center/monitor, 360 horsepower engine. Computer monitored fuel system and "flex-fuel" system. Handling was excellent, no wind noise, good visibility, and oversize alluminum wheels and tires gave a great ride.

Suggested Improvements

Keep the quality alive

Great SUV
By DaveB

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Traded 2003 Expedition for Denali after driving new Expedition, BMW X-5, Acura and Mazda SUVsí. Denali is smooth and by far the most powerful. It is very comfortable on long trips and is easy to drive. I also have a Mercedes S430 and I prefer driving the Denali on long trips. Positives include styling, new interior, comfort of seats, power, and ease of handling. Negatives are lack of fold flat third row seat, folding covers for cup holders and the little storage compartment on center console make the openings smaller than on Tahoe, and they fold the wrong way-making you lift cups over the door. Minor stuff though compared to the great feeling I get when driving this truck. 3500 miles and happy

Favorite Features

Smooth steering and handling. Power, interior design and comfort. Navigation system is easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth, 6 disc CD with nav, one touch up and down windows, cooled seats, and more interior storage space.

They just keep on getting better
By Sparkey

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best GMC yet. The only problems have been with the drivers information display. The engine oil message comes on every time you start it and the tire pressure monitor doesn't work. Mechanically the car is bullet proof. The quality is very high with no squeaks or rattles, no wind noise

Favorite Features

Too many to list.

Suggested Improvements

The one thing that would be nice would be a back window that could lower. I wish that the seats would wrap around the sides.