Used 2007 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Safe, secure, comfortable
By sales call

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this Denali for my wife. She can haul around groceries, our two children, and their friends. When gas was $4.00 / gallon, her father asked what we got for fuel economy, I asked him how do you equate fuel economy with safety for your daughter and grandchilren? He didn't get it. Once you drive the Denali, you will. For the record, we get 13.5 mpg around town and averaged 18+ mpg on a 2000 trip. I think the fit and finish could be a little better, but overall, I wouldn't trade this truck for anything.

Favorite Features

Great forward sight lines, good looking, comfortable, plenty of room for friends and family

Suggested Improvements

Fit and Finish Too many plastic pieces and parts

Love my Baby
By LOVE MY BABY

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My baby runs in 4 and 8cylinders. I fill so secure in it beeing a 5' 4'' pettite female. It runs smoth and I love my Yukon 2007. I also have space for all my family.

Favorite Features

Gss economy its wonderfull

Suggested Improvements

Have more gas stations with E85 fuel. Trunk space is small, when the hole familly is in and we go on vacation.

Best in Class
By Mike

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle with 30,000 miles for 30k. I was a bit skeptical to purchase as I have been loyal to the Japanese as of late (150k on my Nissan and 100k on my Toyota with no problems). I looked at every vehicle possible including the mid size MDX and X5. For me it came down to two different issues. #1, We have two children and I wanted a vehicle that would allow easy access to the 3rd row. #2, after great debate with my wife, I didn't want to drive anything that looked like a "little girls car". I'm still under the factory warranty and have had a couple items fixed. If this vehicle holds up I will support GM in the future! Poor gas milage is expected in a vehicle this size, 14mpg!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, remote start, power side mirrors, performance (390hp), On- Star and safety features make me feel that my family is safe!

Suggested Improvements

GM still needs to work on fit, finish & quality. I see some loose molding pieces, too much plastic and not enough leather in interior etc. In my opinion the Denali has the best looking exterior in it's class period!

Things Falling Off the Truck
By Mike O

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's surprising how poorly GM designed the 2007 Yukon. By now, you'd think that they would understand that it's unacceptable to have panels and wipers falling off the the truck... to the tune of several hundreds of dollars of unexpected expenses! Interior packaging is just OK... difficult to get kids in and out of the vehicle, even a vehilce of this size.

Suggested Improvements

Design the vehicle for actual, real usage.

Denali good car, minor issues
By DShow

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased the Yukon Denali in May of 2006. The truck rides great. The interior is roomy, the leather & components are sturdy & well built. My traction control light comes on occasionally but go off within minutes. The only major issue Ive had was a switch went out in the transmission causing the car to not recognize neutral & sometimes not go into reverse. This was fixed under warranty & has been problem free for the last year. One great thing is the saftey issue. My car was broad sided by a car running a light at 30 mph. The car was damged but barly felt it. The blue green color looks great changing color in the sun but shows all finger prints & dirt.

Favorite Features

6.2 gives plenty of power & pick up. Very sturdy & safe. Handles great for a SUV. Leather wears well. Heated steering wheel odd but nice touch. Navigation reliable. Power lift gate, remote start very nice. Power folding middle seats great.

Suggested Improvements

Manual shift mode works well but boring due to +/- button. Moving lever up/down would be more enjoyable. The steering wheel adjustment should be motorized instead of old school lever style.