Used 2007 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Rear window design faulty
By cc cattle co

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Yukon SLE that I really like, EXCEPT...I drive on some dirt roads and it is impossible to keep the dirt from packing onto the back window. Driving in snow also results in snow PACKING on the rear window. If you don't start the rear wiper early on, you can't keep the snow off the window. I feel it is a dangerous design and I am trading off my Yukon, despite how much I like the darn thing, for a vehicle with a different spoiler (for lack of a better word) above the rear window. That is what causes the problem. I had a 2003 Tahoe that didn't have this spoiler and the dirt and snow on the window was minimal. Talk to a car wash place, they'll tell you exactly what I am talking about

It's a great vehicle; has a lot of convenient things. Fuel mileage is as good as any SUV, even the smaller ones.

Boxiness of design makes it hard to see to park; do something about the blind spots when parking, etc., and the rear window really needs a design change.

Safe, secure, comfortable
By sales call

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this Denali for my wife. She can haul around groceries, our two children, and their friends. When gas was $4.00 / gallon, her father asked what we got for fuel economy, I asked him how do you equate fuel economy with safety for your daughter and grandchilren? He didn't get it. Once you drive the Denali, you will. For the record, we get 13.5 mpg around town and averaged 18+ mpg on a 2000 trip. I think the fit and finish could be a little better, but overall, I wouldn't trade this truck for anything.

Great forward sight lines, good looking, comfortable, plenty of room for friends and family

Fit and Finish Too many plastic pieces and parts

Love my Baby
By LOVE MY BABY

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My baby runs in 4 and 8cylinders. I fill so secure in it beeing a 5' 4'' pettite female. It runs smoth and I love my Yukon 2007. I also have space for all my family.

Gss economy its wonderfull

Have more gas stations with E85 fuel. Trunk space is small, when the hole familly is in and we go on vacation.

Best in Class
By Mike

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle with 30,000 miles for 30k. I was a bit skeptical to purchase as I have been loyal to the Japanese as of late (150k on my Nissan and 100k on my Toyota with no problems). I looked at every vehicle possible including the mid size MDX and X5. For me it came down to two different issues. #1, We have two children and I wanted a vehicle that would allow easy access to the 3rd row. #2, after great debate with my wife, I didn't want to drive anything that looked like a "little girls car". I'm still under the factory warranty and have had a couple items fixed. If this vehicle holds up I will support GM in the future! Poor gas milage is expected in a vehicle this size, 14mpg!

Exterior styling, remote start, power side mirrors, performance (390hp), On- Star and safety features make me feel that my family is safe!

GM still needs to work on fit, finish & quality. I see some loose molding pieces, too much plastic and not enough leather in interior etc. In my opinion the Denali has the best looking exterior in it's class period!

Things Falling Off the Truck
By Mike O

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's surprising how poorly GM designed the 2007 Yukon. By now, you'd think that they would understand that it's unacceptable to have panels and wipers falling off the the truck... to the tune of several hundreds of dollars of unexpected expenses! Interior packaging is just OK... difficult to get kids in and out of the vehicle, even a vehilce of this size.

Design the vehicle for actual, real usage.