Used 2007 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Love it!
By jessb

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased my new Denali and absolutely love it. My 2 year old loves the DVD player. I love all the features and they are easy to use - the Navigation is a must. Plus the steering wheel is even heated, which is a great option since I live in Minnesota. Handles great on snow and ice and the heated leather gets nice and toasty. The back hatch also opens from the remote which is great when carrying groceries. Plus it looks great from the exterior, I love the chrome and 20" wheels. Not great on MPG but if you can afford this rig that shouldn't be a big concern. My dad has a Yukon SLT and wants to trade!

Favorite Features

Nav, DVD, heated steering wheel, auto running boards, XM display

Suggested Improvements

Heated cup holders, cooled seats

The good and the bad
By downhilldad

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

traded in my 2001 yukon sle 4x4 (170,000 mi) for the 2007 yukon sle 4x4 (32,000 mi). I am a bit disappointed and wish for the old 2001. Miss the heated side mirrors, and have a different rear end gear. I get better highway mileage, but worse towing mileage. Have not had it in the mountains/snow yet, the front end has a nasty bounce when going over speed bumps and on the highway over irregular road surfaces (dealership cant find anything wrong).

Favorite Features

Love the computer info from the dash, (tire pressure readout, mpg, miles left of fuel, etc). 3rd row seats are easier to remove/install. 8/4 cylinder control is neet.

Suggested Improvements

The front end is very bouncy. No/much reduced and uncovered storage in the front armrest. Tow hitch 5" higher than before. Only a midget can be in the center front seat (can no longer seat 9). Can't control rear a/c from front.

Awesome with two kids under age 2
By moose

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I researched and drove and five different SUV's prior to purchasing the Denali. I am real estate and it helps to sit up high to look at property. The vehicle is nicely appointed and comfortable. Plenty of pick-up for merging and passing on the highway. The captain chairs in the middle row sealed the deal for me. My business partner is 6-8' and fits comfortably in the middle seat. I would recommend this vehicle to prospective purchaser. Only problem I have had is with the exterior door handles and the dealership replaced them at no cost. Definitely worth paying a little more compared to Tahoe/Yukon.

Favorite Features

Seats, captain chairs, DVD player and horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

Electronics could be sexier but it is a truck at heart.

Nice Looking - but Poor Quality
By Marty Simms

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in Sept of 06 and thought it was going to be the best purchase ever. I have only had problems with this Yukon since the day I bought it. Problems with the battery, heater, arm rests and more. I was so disappointed as the vehicle looks sooo nice on the outside. Inside is great, lots of room...but poorly made with cheap parts. Time to move onto something else.

Favorite Features

The look of the Exterior. Very Sharp looking. Have always loved that.

Suggested Improvements

Make the Yukon as nice on the inside as it is on the outside using high quality parts. Voila!

Rear window design faulty
By cc cattle co

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Yukon SLE that I really like, EXCEPT...I drive on some dirt roads and it is impossible to keep the dirt from packing onto the back window. Driving in snow also results in snow PACKING on the rear window. If you don't start the rear wiper early on, you can't keep the snow off the window. I feel it is a dangerous design and I am trading off my Yukon, despite how much I like the darn thing, for a vehicle with a different spoiler (for lack of a better word) above the rear window. That is what causes the problem. I had a 2003 Tahoe that didn't have this spoiler and the dirt and snow on the window was minimal. Talk to a car wash place, they'll tell you exactly what I am talking about

Favorite Features

It's a great vehicle; has a lot of convenient things. Fuel mileage is as good as any SUV, even the smaller ones.

Suggested Improvements

Boxiness of design makes it hard to see to park; do something about the blind spots when parking, etc., and the rear window really needs a design change.