2007 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews

2007 GMC Yukon SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
won't buy another one
By joey72 on 03/12/15 14:22 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We paid over $65,000 for this beast and was happy with it for a while. Tranny slipped and brakes slipped none of which the dealer could duplicate. We serviced it regularly and waxed it every 6 months and garaged daily. In August of 2014, the Denali had to be outside at night but was waxed in that month. December I noticed that the paint was getting weird on the top and front engine cover. I tried to wax it off to no avail and reported it to the dealer. He gave me the GMC rep's name and number but never heard back from my message to him. It is now March and when I finally spoke to him in February, he said he would report it but it would not likely be taken care of. I will not buy GMC.

One of the Lemons I guess
By babjak1 on 04/03/14 16:40 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV has been a disappointment from the start. Random "service Stabilitrack" warning turning off on it's own. The dealer could not dup it or find it on the diagnostics, but it would return all the time. The big one was some MAJOR engine trouble with a collapsed intake valve, of course right after the power-train warranty expired. Then some minor issues such as the cheap plastic plunger broke on the gas tank cover causing the cover to get stuck closed. One of the Bose speakers has the cone delaminated. Leaking windshield wiper basin wold drain all the fluids in a day. The batteries seem to deplete quicker than any other SUV I've had. has the feel of a cheaply made SUV.

Maybe I bought a LEMON?
By heather5586 on 05/24/11 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

At 19,000 miles (yes, 19,000) the transmission went completely out. GM did pay for the tow and fixed it quickly. It didn't cost us a penny since it was under the 100,000 powertrain warranty. Currently the vehicle has about 28,000 miles and the transmission has started slipping everytime I take off. In addition, the driver side air conditioner blows out HOT when set on the coldest setting while the passenger side works fine so I have to close all the vents on the driver side and put the passenger side vents on me to get cool air. GM probably won't cover this since it's out of the bumper to bumper warranty. This is will probably be the last GM I buy.

Love The BEAST
By Big Easy on 07/30/10 03:02 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My heart absolutely goes pitter patter every time I get behind the steering wheel! I love the smooth ride, the interior, the exterior, the towing capacity and the little gadgets that make me smile! It is the best ride I ever owned!

Love it
By digitalgeek on 06/02/10 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We simple love the car. Its a large SUV, and we just enjoy driving it. It's very comfortable. No problems with it, had the radio upgraded to DVD with Navigation and rear cam installed (after we bought it). You need the rear camera as it's impossible to see behind you.

Love it!
By jessb on 01/18/10 08:27 AM (PST)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just purchased my new Denali and absolutely love it. My 2 year old loves the DVD player. I love all the features and they are easy to use - the Navigation is a must. Plus the steering wheel is even heated, which is a great option since I live in Minnesota. Handles great on snow and ice and the heated leather gets nice and toasty. The back hatch also opens from the remote which is great when carrying groceries. Plus it looks great from the exterior, I love the chrome and 20" wheels. Not great on MPG but if you can afford this rig that shouldn't be a big concern. My dad has a Yukon SLT and wants to trade!

The good and the bad
By downhilldad on 08/19/09 02:09 AM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

traded in my 2001 yukon sle 4x4 (170,000 mi) for the 2007 yukon sle 4x4 (32,000 mi). I am a bit disappointed and wish for the old 2001. Miss the heated side mirrors, and have a different rear end gear. I get better highway mileage, but worse towing mileage. Have not had it in the mountains/snow yet, the front end has a nasty bounce when going over speed bumps and on the highway over irregular road surfaces (dealership cant find anything wrong).

Awesome with two kids under age 2
By moose on 08/01/09 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I researched and drove and five different SUV's prior to purchasing the Denali. I am real estate and it helps to sit up high to look at property. The vehicle is nicely appointed and comfortable. Plenty of pick-up for merging and passing on the highway. The captain chairs in the middle row sealed the deal for me. My business partner is 6-8' and fits comfortably in the middle seat. I would recommend this vehicle to prospective purchaser. Only problem I have had is with the exterior door handles and the dealership replaced them at no cost. Definitely worth paying a little more compared to Tahoe/Yukon.

Nice Looking - but Poor Quality
By Marty Simms on 06/16/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in Sept of 06 and thought it was going to be the best purchase ever. I have only had problems with this Yukon since the day I bought it. Problems with the battery, heater, arm rests and more. I was so disappointed as the vehicle looks sooo nice on the outside. Inside is great, lots of room...but poorly made with cheap parts. Time to move onto something else.

Rear window design faulty
By cc cattle co on 05/23/09 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2007 Yukon SLE that I really like, EXCEPT...I drive on some dirt roads and it is impossible to keep the dirt from packing onto the back window. Driving in snow also results in snow PACKING on the rear window. If you don't start the rear wiper early on, you can't keep the snow off the window. I feel it is a dangerous design and I am trading off my Yukon, despite how much I like the darn thing, for a vehicle with a different spoiler (for lack of a better word) above the rear window. That is what causes the problem. I had a 2003 Tahoe that didn't have this spoiler and the dirt and snow on the window was minimal. Talk to a car wash place, they'll tell you exactly what I am talking about