Used 2007 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

won't buy another one
By joey72

2007 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We paid over $65,000 for this beast and was happy with it for a while. Tranny slipped and brakes slipped none of which the dealer could duplicate. We serviced it regularly and waxed it every 6 months and garaged daily. In August of 2014, the Denali had to be outside at night but was waxed in that month. December I noticed that the paint was getting weird on the top and front engine cover. I tried to wax it off to no avail and reported it to the dealer. He gave me the GMC rep's name and number but never heard back from my message to him. It is now March and when I finally spoke to him in February, he said he would report it but it would not likely be taken care of. I will not buy GMC.

One of the Lemons I guess
By babjak1

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV has been a disappointment from the start. Random "service Stabilitrack" warning turning off on it's own. The dealer could not dup it or find it on the diagnostics, but it would return all the time. The big one was some MAJOR engine trouble with a collapsed intake valve, of course right after the power-train warranty expired. Then some minor issues such as the cheap plastic plunger broke on the gas tank cover causing the cover to get stuck closed. One of the Bose speakers has the cone delaminated. Leaking windshield wiper basin wold drain all the fluids in a day. The batteries seem to deplete quicker than any other SUV I've had. has the feel of a cheaply made SUV.

Looks nice, rides nice if you didn't get the lemon like ours I guess.

We would have kept this many more years for our road trips but it was so disappointing to have all these issues. We have kept SUVs over 100k and this one fell apart way too early. it was evident that cheap parts as I've never had most of these issues in other cars even save make/model of years older and newer. Improve location of 2WD/4WD selector knob. Really? same shape and location at the headlight selector? Fold flat 3 row seats...how many years ago did Ford do this successfully on their Expedition?. Better quality components so it will last more than 6 years.

Maybe I bought a LEMON?
By heather5586

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

At 19,000 miles (yes, 19,000) the transmission went completely out. GM did pay for the tow and fixed it quickly. It didn't cost us a penny since it was under the 100,000 powertrain warranty. Currently the vehicle has about 28,000 miles and the transmission has started slipping everytime I take off. In addition, the driver side air conditioner blows out HOT when set on the coldest setting while the passenger side works fine so I have to close all the vents on the driver side and put the passenger side vents on me to get cool air. GM probably won't cover this since it's out of the bumper to bumper warranty. This is will probably be the last GM I buy.

I like the look of the vehicle. The Bose system and moonroof are nice and have yet to fail me.

I feel like since GM has taken the huge hit from the economy they are making cheaper vehicles. Maybe I just got a bad car. I hate to rate the entire company on one vehicle but $40,000 for a vehicle with major problems with less than 20,000 miles is unacceptable. This car is in mint condition and driven normal. I grew up in a GM family but it's hard for me to rationalize spending more money on another GM.

Love The BEAST
By Big Easy

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD w/3SA (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My heart absolutely goes pitter patter every time I get behind the steering wheel! I love the smooth ride, the interior, the exterior, the towing capacity and the little gadgets that make me smile! It is the best ride I ever owned!

I just love it!

The only thing I wish was different, is the rear seat. I wish it folded flat.

Love it
By digitalgeek

2007 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We simple love the car. Its a large SUV, and we just enjoy driving it. It's very comfortable. No problems with it, had the radio upgraded to DVD with Navigation and rear cam installed (after we bought it). You need the rear camera as it's impossible to see behind you.

3 zones climate control, huge mirrors, towing capacity, comfort ride. Flexibility when upgrading the stereo to DVD player with navigation.

3rd row seats has to fold flat.