2006 GMC Yukon Consumer Review: 2006 Yukon

2006 GMC Yukon - Consumer Review

SLE 4dr SUV (4.8L V8 4-speed Automatic)

2006 Yukon
By Anna on

2006 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

An upgrade from a 2001 Trailblazer, this vehicle is great. Since the overall rating of the Yukon was far better than my "guinnea pig year" Trailblazer, peace of mine was definitely a factor in our choice. Handling is very stable (no scary moments arount curves or corners); cargo space (after removing the 3rd row seating) is very spacious; the choice of the "bucket style" back seat is a great feature. Although I miss the smaller Trailblazer, my comfort and peace of mind in our Yukon make up for it. No complaints, problems, or 'quirky' nuisances for four months. Gas mileage - during the break-in period average 17 mpg; now about 18 mpg (which is less than 1 mpg less than the Trailblazer).

Favorite Features

The overall roominess is great! The 'split bucket style' back seats are convenient when traveling. The BOSE sound system and XM radio sounds great. The adjustable pedals is a bonus; I like to sit 'high' and I'm pretty short. The Yukon we have is 'tested and true' for my peace (and OnStar).

Suggested Improvements

The DVD player screen (when down) is in the way of the rear view mirror; the phone feature needs some work (sound, volume, commands). The wheels seem like they should be 'bigger' - especially with "today's" wheel sizes. I sure miss the "auto window wiper" feature that was on my Trailblazer...