Used 2006 GMC Yukon Denali SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2006 GMC Yukon SUV

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Yukon Opinon
By GM Opinion

2006 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've own this Denali for four years, and I give it high marks on almost everything. I've also own a Ford Expedition and Toyotas Sequioa, and all have good and bad traits. Denali has the best motor, driver comfort, convenience options, and the reliablility has been great. The back seats suck for adult comfort, but my small kids like the captains chairs. The cheaply made front dash and instrument panel peel away. The dash and skweaky door panels are irritating enough to shop at Toyota or Ford next time. The space behind the third seat is stupidly small, and needs to be big enough for a cooler and a couple luggage bags.

Favorite Features

Exterior appearance, color coordination, motor, leather quality, seven pin tow package, and green night fade in rear view mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Interior platic is terribly cheep and wears quickly. Change AWD to selective 4x4 to help with interstate speed and gas mileage. Figure out how Toyota & Ford make back seat and cargo areas bigger, and then copy it. Add power vent rear windows like Expedition. Auto air sucks, use Silverado dials.

Great!
By Jerry

2006 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been unbelievable! I've already put 216,000 miles on it and the only thing replaced were the rear shocks and load leveling pump. I tow a boat 26' boat with incredible ease. Great power and handling. I owned two Ford Expeditions before and they can't hold a candle to the Yukon Denali. Great comfort (I drive over 200 miles/day). If the car went down tomorrow I would still feel I got my money's worth. Can't wait for the next one.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort and reliability.

06 Denali is worth every penny!
By Jason

2006 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Denali as a used off lease vehicle. It has been fantastic so far, with the fuel economy being the only gripe. The 6.0L engine is very strong, and the big fella loves to cruise the interstates. It holds a tremendous amount of cargo and the Bose sound, navi and DVD keep everyone happy. Luckily, I haven't had any problems in the first 5K miles I have driven it, and all of the features work really well.

Favorite Features

6.0L V8 is strong and smooth, Navigation screen works well and displays radio/XM and Nav. info clearly. The exhaust note is really deep and rumbling; it sounds great! Auto leveling feature works well also.

Suggested Improvements

Aged dash design was changed for the new '07 model. The rear captains chairs need to recline, no doubt.

Good in the Beginning
By Stacy

2006 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my vehicle thinking total quality. Wrong. The front interior around the steering wheel, navigation screen and CD player keep peeling and chipping away. This is something I have found to happen in older models and other GMC models. Also, I owned the car less than 2 years when the transmission had to be extensively repaired. Now GM doesn't want to replace/repair the interior plastic even though it is poor craftmanship. No more GM's for me. I will stick with Ford or some other American car.

Favorite Features

DVD player

Suggested Improvements

3rd row lay down flat instead of having to remove the seats, 2nd row seats need to lay back further for long road trips, get rid of that crappy plastic in the front interior.

Love this truck
By gmc273

2006 GMC Yukon SUV Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Took this truck to PA, NY, and FL and it rides beautifully. Is firm and stable on the road. Has great acceleration. Came with all the bells and whistles for entertainment. No options except 20 inch rims this year love that! Gets good gas mileage into and on the road trip

Favorite Features

Nav, OnStar, TV, 3RD row seat, sunroof, dual air, captain's chair, leather seats

Suggested Improvements

More room in the back when all seats are down