Used 2006 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Good bang for the buck
By bigricky77

2006 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used in 2009, although I have a 5.3 and it is only 2wd. It rides and drives smooth. Local dealership sold it to me for 15,000$ with 49,000mi when it BB for 19,000$ at the time, found out it had a bad battery, rear right passenger window didn't work, and the dvd system was going out, not to mention the water pump was leaking. The starter went out as well.I replaced all with better more reliable parts, jokes on the dealership, the only challenging repair was replacing the DVD system with a bigger screen system.Very spacious interior, a little cheap with plastic but I can over look that due to the good reliability.Fits a family of 5 comfortably,if you want more trunk space buy an XL.

the room, the ride comfort, the stereo system.

get rid of the cheap plastic interior trim.

CD Player Awful
By The Martins

2006 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After only 5 years and little use of the 6-CD player it failed to release out 6 CD's and won't perform any function. Looks like a replacement is in order.

Yukon Opinon
By GM Opinion

2006 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've own this Denali for four years, and I give it high marks on almost everything. I've also own a Ford Expedition and Toyotas Sequioa, and all have good and bad traits. Denali has the best motor, driver comfort, convenience options, and the reliablility has been great. The back seats suck for adult comfort, but my small kids like the captains chairs. The cheaply made front dash and instrument panel peel away. The dash and skweaky door panels are irritating enough to shop at Toyota or Ford next time. The space behind the third seat is stupidly small, and needs to be big enough for a cooler and a couple luggage bags.

Exterior appearance, color coordination, motor, leather quality, seven pin tow package, and green night fade in rear view mirrors.

Interior platic is terribly cheep and wears quickly. Change AWD to selective 4x4 to help with interstate speed and gas mileage. Figure out how Toyota & Ford make back seat and cargo areas bigger, and then copy it. Add power vent rear windows like Expedition. Auto air sucks, use Silverado dials.

Great!
By Jerry

2006 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been unbelievable! I've already put 216,000 miles on it and the only thing replaced were the rear shocks and load leveling pump. I tow a boat 26' boat with incredible ease. Great power and handling. I owned two Ford Expeditions before and they can't hold a candle to the Yukon Denali. Great comfort (I drive over 200 miles/day). If the car went down tomorrow I would still feel I got my money's worth. Can't wait for the next one.

Power, comfort and reliability.

Great SUV for safety and style
By Tina

2006 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My husband has been begging me for years to go hunting with him. Of course, I refuse. Bambi? Come on! Well after a trip thru the Rockies I can say that he will now have a harder time convincing me go. I can officially say that I have been hunting once and I am one for one. Yup! 100% deer slayer. Or should I be honest and say my Yukon is? I was so skeptical about buying a vehicle this size, but after a mule deer ran right out in front of me at dusk in the Rockies I am not skeptical anymore. And, the On-Star system was awesome. I couldn't get a signal on my cell phone, but they came right thru. They contacted the local sheriff and my husband. I love my Yukon! I am averaging 17 mpg. Thanks GMC

Safety. Power seats. Fold down third row seating. Gas range display.

Better gas mileage.