2006 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Good bang for the buck
By bigricky77 on 09/14/13 06:55 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used in 2009, although I have a 5.3 and it is only 2wd. It rides and drives smooth. Local dealership sold it to me for 15,000$ with 49,000mi when it BB for 19,000$ at the time, found out it had a bad battery, rear right passenger window didn't work, and the dvd system was going out, not to mention the water pump was leaking. The starter went out as well.I replaced all with better more reliable parts, jokes on the dealership, the only challenging repair was replacing the DVD system with a bigger screen system.Very spacious interior, a little cheap with plastic but I can over look that due to the good reliability.Fits a family of 5 comfortably,if you want more trunk space buy an XL.

CD Player Awful
By The Martins on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After only 5 years and little use of the 6-CD player it failed to release out 6 CD's and won't perform any function. Looks like a replacement is in order.

Yukon Opinon
By GM Opinion on 05/06/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've own this Denali for four years, and I give it high marks on almost everything. I've also own a Ford Expedition and Toyotas Sequioa, and all have good and bad traits. Denali has the best motor, driver comfort, convenience options, and the reliablility has been great. The back seats suck for adult comfort, but my small kids like the captains chairs. The cheaply made front dash and instrument panel peel away. The dash and skweaky door panels are irritating enough to shop at Toyota or Ford next time. The space behind the third seat is stupidly small, and needs to be big enough for a cooler and a couple luggage bags.

Great!
By Jerry on 04/14/10 03:51 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been unbelievable! I've already put 216,000 miles on it and the only thing replaced were the rear shocks and load leveling pump. I tow a boat 26' boat with incredible ease. Great power and handling. I owned two Ford Expeditions before and they can't hold a candle to the Yukon Denali. Great comfort (I drive over 200 miles/day). If the car went down tomorrow I would still feel I got my money's worth. Can't wait for the next one.

Great SUV for safety and style
By Tina on 07/21/09 18:10 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My husband has been begging me for years to go hunting with him. Of course, I refuse. Bambi? Come on! Well after a trip thru the Rockies I can say that he will now have a harder time convincing me go. I can officially say that I have been hunting once and I am one for one. Yup! 100% deer slayer. Or should I be honest and say my Yukon is? I was so skeptical about buying a vehicle this size, but after a mule deer ran right out in front of me at dusk in the Rockies I am not skeptical anymore. And, the On-Star system was awesome. I couldn't get a signal on my cell phone, but they came right thru. They contacted the local sheriff and my husband. I love my Yukon! I am averaging 17 mpg. Thanks GMC

Great Car After 3 Years
By Steve on 11/18/08 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this car for over 3 years on a 4 year GMAC lease. It's been extremely reliable and trouble free (only problem was a defective rear window switch replaced under warranty), and very comfortable to drive on a 1 hour snail type freeway commute each way on L.A. freeways. My only complaint: local gas mileage is awful (highway is OK). My overall mileage average per the built in computer is 12.9 with about 90% local (not highway) driving.

06 Denali is worth every penny!
By Jason on 08/05/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Denali as a used off lease vehicle. It has been fantastic so far, with the fuel economy being the only gripe. The 6.0L engine is very strong, and the big fella loves to cruise the interstates. It holds a tremendous amount of cargo and the Bose sound, navi and DVD keep everyone happy. Luckily, I haven't had any problems in the first 5K miles I have driven it, and all of the features work really well.

Good in the Beginning
By Stacy on 04/02/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my vehicle thinking total quality. Wrong. The front interior around the steering wheel, navigation screen and CD player keep peeling and chipping away. This is something I have found to happen in older models and other GMC models. Also, I owned the car less than 2 years when the transmission had to be extensively repaired. Now GM doesn't want to replace/repair the interior plastic even though it is poor craftmanship. No more GM's for me. I will stick with Ford or some other American car.

Love this truck
By gmc273 on 03/13/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon Denali 4dr SUV AWD (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Took this truck to PA, NY, and FL and it rides beautifully. Is firm and stable on the road. Has great acceleration. Came with all the bells and whistles for entertainment. No options except 20 inch rims this year love that! Gets good gas mileage into and on the road trip

Good Buy / Low resale
By JR on 03/24/07 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 GMC Yukon SL 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The only complaint I have with this vehicle is the passenger seat. It squeaks while driving. I had the dealer take a look at it and they repaired it for a little and it is back. I have not had anyone over 230 lbs in this chair and it will do it with no load in the chair.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.