Used 2005 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Yukon on the go
By yukonjack9408

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Yukon, and in some ways, it is the best one. The fuel mileage is good for the size of the vehicle. It's great as far as comfort ane room. I still want the little things, such as the tape player, the little storage compartments that have been available in the past, and the double sunvisor that was in my '03 model. Overall, it's a great car. Keep up the good work, but lower the price, and you would truly have a winner! Yours truly, a happy owner

Favorite Features

The reclining seats, rear access door, XM radio, handling, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

None

Macho SUV!
By Sir helsing

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Denali has pleased me. It has never broken down due to mechanical failure. It sounds and feels like a Corvette, well for a vehicle of that size. It is stout to say the least .All the while my wife and children can enjoy a luxurious ride to school and the grocery store. The Denali is the SUV of choice.

Favorite Features

Smooth, reliable, strong,6.0 liter.

Suggested Improvements

Weight. Lighter weight components need to be incorporated including composite body panels.

What is there not to love?
By Bob

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely one of the best SUV's GM has ever built. I have owned a '96, '99, '00, '02, and now a '05. They keep getting better each year. These trucks offer so much room and drive just like a car. The truck is very versatile and will continue to buy these trucks. I put 70,000 miles on it and I swear to God that nothing ever went wrong with it. I treated the truck well and vice versa. I own a mint '86 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, which floats down the road, but this Yukon's ride is pretty hard to beat. Turning radius is sharp and the handling is great. I took a 500 mile trip a couple weekends ago and got 19.8 mpg, cruising at 60 mph. If you are considering an SUV, buy a Yukon.

Favorite Features

Navigation system. CD changer. Each passenger has a heated seat.. Tri-Zone climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Power liftgate. Remote starter. More console room. Power folding rear seats.

Outstanding truck
By Dick Johnson

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a truck of one kind or another since 1972 including Dodge, Ford and Chevrolet. This is my second GMC and by far the best since my Dodge Power Wagon of decades ago. It has the looks, style, power and toys to keep me entertained and safe on the road. The AWD surprised me with its performance in the snow. It has great ground clearance for off road use, but it is more comfortable on the highway than a limo. The enterainment and nav system by Bose is expensiv,e but worth every penny, and its touch screen programming is easy to use. The whole rig seems custom built for my 250 pound frame.

Favorite Features

The nav and stereo system with the 6 disc CD changer has to be my favorite feature. It has a driver surround sound system that is specially designed to accommodate noise from open windows and sunroof. Even the built in OnStar phone works well with the windows open. The information center is tops too.

Suggested Improvements

I have the Denali which is limited to AWD. A more aggressive 4WD option would be nice for serious off road use.

05 Yukon SLT
By Ben

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV to have. Gas mileage is poor. Combined fuel economy (60% highway, 40% city) is about 14 mpg. It is very roomy with a nice ride.

Favorite Features

The engine is smooth and powerful. The stock radio is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Make a hybrid version so I can get acceptable gas mileage.