Used 2005 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

my second Yukon is awesome!!!
By David Clark

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 2001 GMC Yukon which was very nice and rode very well even with 126,000 miles on it! I decided to buy a 2004 in December since the rebates were very good and I absolutely love it! This vehicle has so many improvements from my original vehicle and have 30,000 miles on it without a single problem. I will continue to purchase GMC Yukons as a work and pleasure vehicle for years to come. Drive one today and you will not be dissapointed!

The nicest feature is by far the comfortable ride! I drive over 30,000 miles a year for work and do not get tired of driving this vehicle. The new XM radio and 6 disc changer gives you endless music, news, and talk radio options for those long trips! The new electric seats are far better than 2001's

My one suggestion would be to improve the seals on the doors and windows. There is some outside noise and air that does enter the vehicle. This has been greatly improved from my original 2001 Yukon.

Yukon on the go
By yukonjack9408

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Yukon, and in some ways, it is the best one. The fuel mileage is good for the size of the vehicle. It's great as far as comfort ane room. I still want the little things, such as the tape player, the little storage compartments that have been available in the past, and the double sunvisor that was in my '03 model. Overall, it's a great car. Keep up the good work, but lower the price, and you would truly have a winner! Yours truly, a happy owner

The reclining seats, rear access door, XM radio, handling, fuel economy

None

Macho SUV!
By Sir helsing

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Denali has pleased me. It has never broken down due to mechanical failure. It sounds and feels like a Corvette, well for a vehicle of that size. It is stout to say the least .All the while my wife and children can enjoy a luxurious ride to school and the grocery store. The Denali is the SUV of choice.

Smooth, reliable, strong,6.0 liter.

Weight. Lighter weight components need to be incorporated including composite body panels.

What is there not to love?
By Bob

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely one of the best SUV's GM has ever built. I have owned a '96, '99, '00, '02, and now a '05. They keep getting better each year. These trucks offer so much room and drive just like a car. The truck is very versatile and will continue to buy these trucks. I put 70,000 miles on it and I swear to God that nothing ever went wrong with it. I treated the truck well and vice versa. I own a mint '86 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, which floats down the road, but this Yukon's ride is pretty hard to beat. Turning radius is sharp and the handling is great. I took a 500 mile trip a couple weekends ago and got 19.8 mpg, cruising at 60 mph. If you are considering an SUV, buy a Yukon.

Navigation system. CD changer. Each passenger has a heated seat.. Tri-Zone climate control.

Power liftgate. Remote starter. More console room. Power folding rear seats.

Outstanding truck
By Dick Johnson

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a truck of one kind or another since 1972 including Dodge, Ford and Chevrolet. This is my second GMC and by far the best since my Dodge Power Wagon of decades ago. It has the looks, style, power and toys to keep me entertained and safe on the road. The AWD surprised me with its performance in the snow. It has great ground clearance for off road use, but it is more comfortable on the highway than a limo. The enterainment and nav system by Bose is expensiv,e but worth every penny, and its touch screen programming is easy to use. The whole rig seems custom built for my 250 pound frame.

The nav and stereo system with the 6 disc CD changer has to be my favorite feature. It has a driver surround sound system that is specially designed to accommodate noise from open windows and sunroof. Even the built in OnStar phone works well with the windows open. The information center is tops too.

I have the Denali which is limited to AWD. A more aggressive 4WD option would be nice for serious off road use.