2005 GMC Yukon Fleet Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Yukon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Luxury SUV
By DnTomas

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Replaced a BMW X5 with an '05 Yukon Denali. Very different vehicle. The BMW was excellent, but lacked space. The Denali has plenty of room and is very luxurious. With the GM family pricing it was a no-brainer. A great choice for anyone looking for room and "stealth" luxury and who is not too concerned with gas mileage. Spring for the sunroof/nav/rear DVD package - it's well worth the extra cost.

Favorite Features

Surprising ride quality.

Suggested Improvements

Include as an option the back-up sensors that come standard on the Escalade.

One SUV does it all
By Mrs Karen Bruce

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We are happy with our Denali, and it has surpassed all our expectations. We will keep buying the GMC Denali. We are a family of 7 children and adults. The ride is wonderful, in the front or back of the SUV. The movies are great, the wireless are the bomb as my grandkids called them. We feel safe on the road, sunshine or rain. A plus, we can pull our boat to the lake. This is one SUV that will do it all.

Favorite Features

TV, front and rear heating/air controls. Side temp dual controls for heat or air. Sunroof. The non-sliding on wet roads and also we can pull our boat.

Suggested Improvements

Keep up the great work, offer a larger grille.

Finally, an improved interior
By Family Great

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always owned a GMC Jimmy/Yukon, and through the years any issues I have had with one-to-the-next has been improved on, such as the interior. When Yukons's first debuted, the interior seemed to be "not completed" with rough edges, exposed door mounts, and open galleys where it looked like it was meant for something. Now to the warranty, after about 40,000 miles it seems to go to pot. from the computer sensor chips to powertrain problems, this last Yukon has been in service 3 times for the same recall. This is why every three years I trade it in.

Favorite Features

The appearance is classy, and at the same time powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Everything under the hood mechanically, and improve on the warranty.

Wife Chose this over LR3
By Nate

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We test drove 3 vehicles, the Denali, the SRX V6 Cadillac, and the LR3. I kind of preferred the LR3, but the wife likes how "cushy" the Denali is. In truth, the Denali is much more comfortable for driver and passanger. I just like the fact that the LR3 is so tough. Well, it was for her so we got the Denali instead. We love it. 5 days into it and It is awesome. By the way the Cadillac is a piece of junk, to small and no power. also the v6 SRX was going to cost more than my Denali. Our Denali has Sunroof, Nav, and Rear Seat Entertainment. I recommend this package for anyone. The SRX had only a sunroof.

Favorite Features

The navigation is my favorite toy. My wife loves the XM and the thought of the security of OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

Update the dash. HID headlights would be nice, and maybe a low range for the 4x4 would be cool. If the memory seating was tied into the remote for the keyless entry, that would be a big plus. I am being very picky but I want remote start too.

my second Yukon is awesome!!!
By David Clark

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 2001 GMC Yukon which was very nice and rode very well even with 126,000 miles on it! I decided to buy a 2004 in December since the rebates were very good and I absolutely love it! This vehicle has so many improvements from my original vehicle and have 30,000 miles on it without a single problem. I will continue to purchase GMC Yukons as a work and pleasure vehicle for years to come. Drive one today and you will not be dissapointed!

Favorite Features

The nicest feature is by far the comfortable ride! I drive over 30,000 miles a year for work and do not get tired of driving this vehicle. The new XM radio and 6 disc changer gives you endless music, news, and talk radio options for those long trips! The new electric seats are far better than 2001's

Suggested Improvements

My one suggestion would be to improve the seals on the doors and windows. There is some outside noise and air that does enter the vehicle. This has been greatly improved from my original 2001 Yukon.

Yukon on the go
By yukonjack9408

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Yukon, and in some ways, it is the best one. The fuel mileage is good for the size of the vehicle. It's great as far as comfort ane room. I still want the little things, such as the tape player, the little storage compartments that have been available in the past, and the double sunvisor that was in my '03 model. Overall, it's a great car. Keep up the good work, but lower the price, and you would truly have a winner! Yours truly, a happy owner

Favorite Features

The reclining seats, rear access door, XM radio, handling, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

None

Macho SUV!
By Sir helsing

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Denali has pleased me. It has never broken down due to mechanical failure. It sounds and feels like a Corvette, well for a vehicle of that size. It is stout to say the least .All the while my wife and children can enjoy a luxurious ride to school and the grocery store. The Denali is the SUV of choice.

Favorite Features

Smooth, reliable, strong,6.0 liter.

Suggested Improvements

Weight. Lighter weight components need to be incorporated including composite body panels.

What is there not to love?
By Bob

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is absolutely one of the best SUV's GM has ever built. I have owned a '96, '99, '00, '02, and now a '05. They keep getting better each year. These trucks offer so much room and drive just like a car. The truck is very versatile and will continue to buy these trucks. I put 70,000 miles on it and I swear to God that nothing ever went wrong with it. I treated the truck well and vice versa. I own a mint '86 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, which floats down the road, but this Yukon's ride is pretty hard to beat. Turning radius is sharp and the handling is great. I took a 500 mile trip a couple weekends ago and got 19.8 mpg, cruising at 60 mph. If you are considering an SUV, buy a Yukon.

Favorite Features

Navigation system. CD changer. Each passenger has a heated seat.. Tri-Zone climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Power liftgate. Remote starter. More console room. Power folding rear seats.

Outstanding truck
By Dick Johnson

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a truck of one kind or another since 1972 including Dodge, Ford and Chevrolet. This is my second GMC and by far the best since my Dodge Power Wagon of decades ago. It has the looks, style, power and toys to keep me entertained and safe on the road. The AWD surprised me with its performance in the snow. It has great ground clearance for off road use, but it is more comfortable on the highway than a limo. The enterainment and nav system by Bose is expensiv,e but worth every penny, and its touch screen programming is easy to use. The whole rig seems custom built for my 250 pound frame.

Favorite Features

The nav and stereo system with the 6 disc CD changer has to be my favorite feature. It has a driver surround sound system that is specially designed to accommodate noise from open windows and sunroof. Even the built in OnStar phone works well with the windows open. The information center is tops too.

Suggested Improvements

I have the Denali which is limited to AWD. A more aggressive 4WD option would be nice for serious off road use.

05 Yukon SLT
By Ben

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great SUV to have. Gas mileage is poor. Combined fuel economy (60% highway, 40% city) is about 14 mpg. It is very roomy with a nice ride.

Favorite Features

The engine is smooth and powerful. The stock radio is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Make a hybrid version so I can get acceptable gas mileage.