Used 2005 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Great ride
By Jeff

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I am averaging 18 MPG overall since I purchased and about half of my driving is in the city. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

Sits high, quit ride, plenty of storage, and with the third row seating it's almost like having a van which I had before I bought this.

A hybrid version would be nice with the current gas prices

Awesome Vehicle
By Larry Abraham

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Buy one, you won't be disappointed. This has been the best vehicle we have ever owned for a family of six that likes road trips.

All of them

A second row sun roof

Awesome Denali
By Bronco4me

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We looked at Escalades, Navigators, Excursions, Expeditions, Tahoes, etc. but really liked the Yukon Denali the best overall.Excellent horsepower, fair fuel milege, very comfortable seating for a family of 4 and gear. If you have the need for more than four then you better get the XL or you will be disappointed.

Wow...too many things to talk about. The stock horsepower could be termed sporty -- almost as good as my Jeep with the V8. Interior creature comfort and gadgets (Nav/sun roof/DVD player).

GM knobs are so cheap looking when compared to other makes. Also, take a lesson from Ford in fold down seats. This vehicle costs too much to have to manually remove 3rd row seating and cheap plastic controls.

I love my Yukon!
By pen

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first full size SUV I've owned and although gas is now $3 a gallon, I love my Yukon. I get around 19 mpg on the highway and 17 in town. The interior is very comfortable for a short person since the gas & brake pedals move forward. I don't feel like I'm sitting right on top of the steering wheel.

Moving gas & brake pedals

Not GMC's fault but the Onstar on this vehicle doesn't work as well as what was on my Regal.

'05 Denali
By YukonYoshii

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Denali at the end of July. Black, Tan leather; 2nd Row Captain's; 20" EOM Wheels....Loaded! I love this ride, even though my wife is the main driver. I put 20% all around including sunroof and it definately stands out. I have already had a recall with the blower motor on the A/C not keeping the recycling on the "in cab" air going, small issue. Already been on 3 road trips.. Miami, Orlando and Jacksonville. Rides like a dream. The power is there if you need to get on it, but watch the gas. I have ordered the Billet Chrome "GMC" for the grille to get rid of the EOM red. Taking off the red in the rear as well. Looking at purchasing the programmer for HP/MPG All in all... Awesome!

20" Chrome Wheels, Power of the 6.0 motor; Exterior - body panels and moldings; 9 spkr Bose / NAV system.

MPG.. price to pay for a motor of this size, Interior needs to be upgraded. I looked at the Escalade and the Navigator before choosing the Denali because I thought it looked more agressive. The interior looks like a 15 year old GMC truck interior with a dark tiger striped wood trim.