2005 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Great ride
By Jeff on 11/16/05 07:56 AM (PST)

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I am averaging 18 MPG overall since I purchased and about half of my driving is in the city. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

Awesome Vehicle
By Larry Abraham on 11/03/05 19:03 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Buy one, you won't be disappointed. This has been the best vehicle we have ever owned for a family of six that likes road trips.

Awesome Denali
By Bronco4me on 10/30/05 18:09 PM (PST)

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We looked at Escalades, Navigators, Excursions, Expeditions, Tahoes, etc. but really liked the Yukon Denali the best overall.Excellent horsepower, fair fuel milege, very comfortable seating for a family of 4 and gear. If you have the need for more than four then you better get the XL or you will be disappointed.

I love my Yukon!
By pen on 10/18/05 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first full size SUV I've owned and although gas is now $3 a gallon, I love my Yukon. I get around 19 mpg on the highway and 17 in town. The interior is very comfortable for a short person since the gas & brake pedals move forward. I don't feel like I'm sitting right on top of the steering wheel.

'05 Denali
By YukonYoshii on 08/28/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Denali at the end of July. Black, Tan leather; 2nd Row Captain's; 20" EOM Wheels....Loaded! I love this ride, even though my wife is the main driver. I put 20% all around including sunroof and it definately stands out. I have already had a recall with the blower motor on the A/C not keeping the recycling on the "in cab" air going, small issue. Already been on 3 road trips.. Miami, Orlando and Jacksonville. Rides like a dream. The power is there if you need to get on it, but watch the gas. I have ordered the Billet Chrome "GMC" for the grille to get rid of the EOM red. Taking off the red in the rear as well. Looking at purchasing the programmer for HP/MPG All in all... Awesome!

Better Than Expected
By Mike on 08/24/05 23:31 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle. Better than I expected. Gas mileage is poor, but I knew this going into purchase. Roomy interior for passengers, but not a lot of cargo space behind third row. Gaps between body panels could be improved upon. Strong engine performance. Only problems to date have been excessive moisture in a front corner lamp and a squeaky driver's door. The dealer replaced the corner lamp and a check linkage on the driver's door.

Great vehicle - bad mileage
By Alan on 08/18/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. The gas mileage is bad, but I knew that going in. I have not had any problems with the vehicle. This is a very comfortable ride. With the GMC "you pay what we pay" campaign I was able to finally get the vehicle I wanted. Excellent car, and I highly recommend - just be ready to spend some money on gas.

Good Family vehicle
By Ray on 08/08/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

If you need a large, family car - this is it. We bought it for the 3rd row seat and storage behind it. We tried the shorter version but with the 3rd row up, you had little storage room left. The long version is the way to go. Handles well (braking, cornering, acceleration) for such a big vehicle. Be aware, even with an reasonable foot, it will average 15 mpg hwy and 12 city.

What a truck
By Bob Reiff on 07/29/05 22:50 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Yukon has been flawless since we purchased it a year ago. Yes, the mileage could be better, but that's not the vehicles fault. We knew it wouldn't be great. The ride is comfortable, and the performance has been much better than we expected. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for this style of ride who isn't squeamish about gas mileage.

denali
By denali lover on 07/27/05 15:28 PM (PDT)

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new 2005 Denali. We looked at the Escalade also, but finally realized that the Denali was an overall better deal. it has all the same features of the Escalde without its significantly higher price.