Used 2005 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2005 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Awesome Gas Mileage
By Patrick

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This Yukon gets the best gas mileage I have ever seen in a full size SUV. I am averaging 20mpg in mostly city driving. It is also one of the most comfortable and easy to drive. I have always liked the exterior design. However, the interior dash could use some work which I think they did for the 07's. Overall you can't beat the price, comfort, ride and reliability of an 05 Yukon.

Favorite Features

Exterior, gas mileage, comfort, ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Interior dash/door material

Speed Style Durability and Comfort
By Randy

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best bang for it's buck. The Denali has the most to offer for the larger SUV without feeling that floaty truck feeling.Has the most horsepower in it's class,standard options are fulltime AWD,a great Bose 7CD system,heated front and rear seats, overhead rear climate control, XM satellite radio, OnStar, traction stableization system and by far the most comfortable seats of all the SUV'S There are many other complements and I can rattle on with all of the performance and comfort options but if you are in the market for a great SUV and you don't want to compromise on performance, the Denali is it miles above the competition. Take one for a spin, get on the highway and you'll see

Favorite Features

Great pick up and handling, extreme comfort

Suggested Improvements

X70 Volvo type gas cap

Junk
By Patrick

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Take a peek inside a GMC Yukon, and you'll see one of the worst constructed interiors of any vehicle on the market. The plastics are of horrible quality, the trim is illfitting, the wood is incredibly fake which doesn't look kindly on a $50,000 vehicle, and the controls are shared with such vehicles as the Chevy Cavalier. What has GM come to when it cannot even design an interior correctly? Nevermind the hideous, bulbous exterior and the abysmal fuel economy, I mean, it's not as if global warming is getting worse and worse, lets just go and buy a vehicle that gets 13 mpg. Oh yeah and it's crap to drive too.

Favorite Features

The grille on the Denali is nice..

Suggested Improvements

New interior. New exterior. New engine. New seats. New everything.

GMC Yukon
By Jason

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overal, a very enjoyable SUV. Very reliable the first year I have owned. Would definitely buy another GMC Yukon again.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats are nice. Keep me warm in cold Minnesota/Wisconsin Winters.

Suggested Improvements

Add a GPS to the luxury model.

My third Denali but not my last
By Wilich

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned just about every luxury SUV auto available, including Mercedes, and the GMC Yukon Denali is far and away the best SUV vehicle I have driven. The quality gets better every year it seems too, despite a high level each year. My only "wish" would be that it would have selectable AWD vs. 2Wheel drive.