Used 2005 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Awesome!
By AJ

2005 GMC Yukon SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle. Now has 60,000 miles on it. White with tan Leather. It is a fully loaded Denaili, lots of options. A lot of fun to drive. Great power. Seats are extremely comfortable with plenty of room. Has been very reliable, only thing was the sunroof motor went at 55,000 miles, dealer fixed it at no cost. Gas mileage isn't good only getting 12 mpg but expected with a big V8. Overall great vehicle and Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Moonroof. Navigation. AWD. Rear entertainment. First and second row heated seats. Bose stereo. Style. Ride.

Suggested Improvements

Second row sunroof. Interior dash is nice but could be updated which they did on the '07. Center gear shifter. Automatic liftgate.

You Can Yukon Too
By P Fred

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! I needed a larger vehicle to haul many people and many things around. I can seat nine people comfortably! My front seating area has the optional third seat or the console flips down as an arm rest or acts as a pass through for handing items to passengers in the middle seats. True, the gas mileage is bad, but I like being up off the roadway. I am glad for the auto lock on the keyring which allows me to either unlock just the driver door only or hit it twice to unlock all doors. Seats flip up in third row for additional cargo space. I use every bit of this vehicle and would definitely buy another.

Favorite Features

Computerized maintenance alert updates on the driver's instument panel along with tire pressure notification.

Suggested Improvements

Heavier window tint on front driver and front passenger windows. Make GPS optional

best Vehicle Ever
By Happy Owner

2005 GMC Yukon SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The seats are wonderfully comfortable. I love having the heated captains chairs in the second row seating. Great for driving to school on cold mornings. Very reliable. Poor mileage, but we knew that up front. You won't be disappointed with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, DVD, nav. Great on trips

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

XL Model
By ace

2005 GMC Yukon SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle for traveling. I have a bad back. Lots of seat adjustments to get comfortable. Lots of room for hauling when necessary. AWD is excellent in the winter. Lots of power for towing. Meets all of my needs. Uses regular gas. Luxurious but also practical when need to haul lumber etc. Will hold sheets of plywood.

Favorite Features

Ride. Cargo space. Looks. Comfort. Winter handling

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, although on a vehicle this size it would be difficult.

Becoming a bad experience!
By Ice Genie

2005 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We got our Yukon about 10 mos ago. Loved it up until the last 5000 miles. Inside of tires wearing, suspected bent frame. Dealer trying to push it off. Still trying to get resolved. Very comfortable for long trips with a family of 5. We think the cup holders could be improved upon (they did in '07s). Thinking I will have to find different SUV to replace the damaged one we have now. Check out the 4 recalls and 150 service bulletins. Not too impressive for a $50,000 vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort and interior space

Suggested Improvements

Many things at this point! warranty issues