2005 GMC Yukon Fleet Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2005 Yukon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Sort Reviews by

Awesome!
By AJ

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome vehicle. Now has 60,000 miles on it. White with tan Leather. It is a fully loaded Denaili, lots of options. A lot of fun to drive. Great power. Seats are extremely comfortable with plenty of room. Has been very reliable, only thing was the sunroof motor went at 55,000 miles, dealer fixed it at no cost. Gas mileage isn't good only getting 12 mpg but expected with a big V8. Overall great vehicle and Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Moonroof. Navigation. AWD. Rear entertainment. First and second row heated seats. Bose stereo. Style. Ride.

Suggested Improvements

Second row sunroof. Interior dash is nice but could be updated which they did on the '07. Center gear shifter. Automatic liftgate.

You Can Yukon Too
By P Fred

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! I needed a larger vehicle to haul many people and many things around. I can seat nine people comfortably! My front seating area has the optional third seat or the console flips down as an arm rest or acts as a pass through for handing items to passengers in the middle seats. True, the gas mileage is bad, but I like being up off the roadway. I am glad for the auto lock on the keyring which allows me to either unlock just the driver door only or hit it twice to unlock all doors. Seats flip up in third row for additional cargo space. I use every bit of this vehicle and would definitely buy another.

Favorite Features

Computerized maintenance alert updates on the driver's instument panel along with tire pressure notification.

Suggested Improvements

Heavier window tint on front driver and front passenger windows. Make GPS optional

best Vehicle Ever
By Happy Owner

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. The seats are wonderfully comfortable. I love having the heated captains chairs in the second row seating. Great for driving to school on cold mornings. Very reliable. Poor mileage, but we knew that up front. You won't be disappointed with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, DVD, nav. Great on trips

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

XL Model
By ace

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle for traveling. I have a bad back. Lots of seat adjustments to get comfortable. Lots of room for hauling when necessary. AWD is excellent in the winter. Lots of power for towing. Meets all of my needs. Uses regular gas. Luxurious but also practical when need to haul lumber etc. Will hold sheets of plywood.

Favorite Features

Ride. Cargo space. Looks. Comfort. Winter handling

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, although on a vehicle this size it would be difficult.

Becoming a bad experience!
By Ice Genie

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We got our Yukon about 10 mos ago. Loved it up until the last 5000 miles. Inside of tires wearing, suspected bent frame. Dealer trying to push it off. Still trying to get resolved. Very comfortable for long trips with a family of 5. We think the cup holders could be improved upon (they did in '07s). Thinking I will have to find different SUV to replace the damaged one we have now. Check out the 4 recalls and 150 service bulletins. Not too impressive for a $50,000 vehicle.

Favorite Features

Comfort and interior space

Suggested Improvements

Many things at this point! warranty issues

Awesome Gas Mileage
By Patrick

2005 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This Yukon gets the best gas mileage I have ever seen in a full size SUV. I am averaging 20mpg in mostly city driving. It is also one of the most comfortable and easy to drive. I have always liked the exterior design. However, the interior dash could use some work which I think they did for the 07's. Overall you can't beat the price, comfort, ride and reliability of an 05 Yukon.

Favorite Features

Exterior, gas mileage, comfort, ride and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Interior dash/door material

Speed Style Durability and Comfort
By Randy

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best bang for it's buck. The Denali has the most to offer for the larger SUV without feeling that floaty truck feeling.Has the most horsepower in it's class,standard options are fulltime AWD,a great Bose 7CD system,heated front and rear seats, overhead rear climate control, XM satellite radio, OnStar, traction stableization system and by far the most comfortable seats of all the SUV'S There are many other complements and I can rattle on with all of the performance and comfort options but if you are in the market for a great SUV and you don't want to compromise on performance, the Denali is it miles above the competition. Take one for a spin, get on the highway and you'll see

Favorite Features

Great pick up and handling, extreme comfort

Suggested Improvements

X70 Volvo type gas cap

Junk
By Patrick

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Take a peek inside a GMC Yukon, and you'll see one of the worst constructed interiors of any vehicle on the market. The plastics are of horrible quality, the trim is illfitting, the wood is incredibly fake which doesn't look kindly on a $50,000 vehicle, and the controls are shared with such vehicles as the Chevy Cavalier. What has GM come to when it cannot even design an interior correctly? Nevermind the hideous, bulbous exterior and the abysmal fuel economy, I mean, it's not as if global warming is getting worse and worse, lets just go and buy a vehicle that gets 13 mpg. Oh yeah and it's crap to drive too.

Favorite Features

The grille on the Denali is nice..

Suggested Improvements

New interior. New exterior. New engine. New seats. New everything.

GMC Yukon
By Jason

2005 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overal, a very enjoyable SUV. Very reliable the first year I have owned. Would definitely buy another GMC Yukon again.

Favorite Features

Heated Seats are nice. Keep me warm in cold Minnesota/Wisconsin Winters.

Suggested Improvements

Add a GPS to the luxury model.

My third Denali but not my last
By Wilich

2005 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned just about every luxury SUV auto available, including Mercedes, and the GMC Yukon Denali is far and away the best SUV vehicle I have driven. The quality gets better every year it seems too, despite a high level each year. My only "wish" would be that it would have selectable AWD vs. 2Wheel drive.