Used 2004 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Load 'er up!
By TrackMan

2004 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Yukon 4x4 new, and I am content on keeping it. It delivers lots of power and is a very safe SUV to drive in all kinds of conditions. It will pull about anything you can hook up to it, yet will result in good fuel economy for something this big. In the past when I had to get a group of kids somewhere not far away, I had sometimes 18-20 kids in it (took to the side roads of course). Besides having a couple of small items go wrong, it has been pretty much a perfect vehicle. If you are looking for a load 'er up and go set of wheels, you won't go wrong with a Yukon!

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, tons of space, good mileage, great cooling and heating, and it looks good doing everything.

Suggested Improvements

None

Tough Truck
By Reckless Driver

2004 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new. Been very tough on it, towing several tons through the 120 desert. In 2006 I put almost 50k miles on it. Survived some crashes, which, in a smaller car would have caused some major damage. In 2008 it started running funny, occasionally making some wierd sounds and smoke coming out the tailpipe. After it warmed up it was fine. Just recently, at 150k miles we found the problem. One of the valves is sticking. Also, at 130k miles the radiator and A/C began acting up, and it definitely has a leak. Now it makes terrible noises when the motor is cold, and idles at 500 RPM higher than normal under said condition. I feel it'll seize up in the next 10k miles, it's on it's last leg.

Favorite Features

Toughness, towing capacity, smooth ride, tight turning radius, powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

Needs to be more mechanically sound (radiator, a/c, etc.), has only marginal fuel economy. It shouldn't have these kinds of problems for the price we paid.

Do Everything SUV
By bacchus_mn

2004 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you need a rugged, go anywhere, tote your friends and family vehicle, then this is it. Very spacious, good performance for the size, and has a very sturdy feel to it. Although gas mileage is not good, I would hope anyone looking for a vehicle like this would consider gas mileage a priority. This vehicle has done great in MN's winter weather, and I've gone offroad in some tough spots and had no problems.

Favorite Features

Interior comforts and strong engine performance.

Suggested Improvements

In a perfect world - gas mileage, otherwise not much. The 3rd row seats can be cumbersome to get in and out.

Great SUV
By DEA

2004 GMC Yukon SUV SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this SUV with 2 miles on it. It has been a great car so far, we have driven on several long trips; using the third row as a sleeping area. When using the K&N air-filter in the winter sent two error codes to the computer. I switch back to the original filter and the check engin light went out. Great SUV rides great and looks great going down the road. Went through two set of tires before I foung out it was out of line. Dealer told me they just had to torque the torque bar

Favorite Features

Great take off speed and over all ride

Suggested Improvements

Better room in the third row and getting to the third row. Second row middle seat seat-belt stopped working need better quality

Excellent car!
By AMI PAPADOPULO

2004 GMC Yukon SUV Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When my husband and I sat in the Denali, after test driving the Tahoe and Yukon, we exchanged knowing glance that this was "The Car", although it was more than we planned to spend. We both loved the ride and the feel of this vehicle. We agreed, this surpassed all the others. We had our 1st child, who fit into our Denali 22" life style well, then the unexpected happened. My husband died of a heart attack at 38. I still loved our Denali, however, I will not be needing all of the vehicle room I once thought. I chose a different cat, however, I will always be very fond of our Denali.

Favorite Features

The overall luxuriousness of the vehicle

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage