2004 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Excellent car!
By AMI PAPADOPULO on 08/27/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When my husband and I sat in the Denali, after test driving the Tahoe and Yukon, we exchanged knowing glance that this was "The Car", although it was more than we planned to spend. We both loved the ride and the feel of this vehicle. We agreed, this surpassed all the others. We had our 1st child, who fit into our Denali 22" life style well, then the unexpected happened. My husband died of a heart attack at 38. I still loved our Denali, however, I will not be needing all of the vehicle room I once thought. I chose a different cat, however, I will always be very fond of our Denali.

Owner
By Joe Floyd on 03/14/07 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The spare tire is a 16" tire. At 25,300 mile I had tire damage, drove 200 miles on spare with 17" regular tires. Had to repace all 4 tires due to being a AWD and 25M miles on 35M mile tires. Repaced spare with correct size. Contacted GM and received a reply of nothing. Out $875.00 for tires at 25M miles. How cheap will GM go on a $50,000 car? Please check this problem if you buy a GM AWD. They will not stand behind any mechanical problem that may occur. They could at least put the correct spare tire on these expensive cars.

The bus
By w. stovall on 01/27/07 08:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

All our friends call it the "bus". When we all want to go out together, they call us. We have hauled a lot of stuff in it while remodelling our house. The water pump was replaced under warrany, but, no other problems. Gets 15 mpg no matter where or how you drive it, but 4 people and lots of luggage ride in comfort.

Excellent SUV
By Q on 07/10/06 17:02 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle exactly 2 years ago. My previous vehicle was an Isuzu trooper. I can't began to tell how much difference a powerful & reliable vehicle can make. Other than a few minor issues, this is an excellent vehicle. I considered the new '07 Denali but it looks too much like a Ford Explorer.

I love my Black Beauty
By sammy d on 01/28/06 18:55 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It is the greatest truck I have had. I had a 1995 Chevy Tahoe, I would never buy another one, although the gas is not the greatest, the interior is great and the truck is quick considering it weighs just over 5,000 lbs. All in All I love my 2004 Denali, and would never trade it for anything, except maybe a new Denali.

Awesome
By Denice on 01/14/06 21:00 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is the best SUV by far I've ever owned. It looks great, and performs excellent. We use it to tow our boat, it pulls our boat with ease. It is soooo comfortable to drive.

I love it!
By skaylor on 06/25/05 02:54 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very fun to drive! Best SUV that I have ever purchased. Great turning radius, sleek design, very comfortable. Only downfall is the gas mileage, but that's to be expected on an XL SUV.

There's nothing like the size of an American SUV
By Chris on 05/31/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall I am very pleased with this vehicle. The comfort, ride, and features are all way above average. I am 6'4" and this is one of the few SUVs that gives me the room I need. The stock stereo is excellent. I use the nav all the time. It's not a touch screen, but it works almost flawlessly in my experience. XM radio is well worth the money if you drive far away from big cities. it has a huge engine, tows great, will give you great acceleration for the size, and you'll have no trouble merging into traffic. Now for the negative. Poor gas mileage . At 11000 miles, I had a transmission issue. It shifted jack rabbit style into 2nd gear, the engine light came on, and I am still waiting for the warranty repairs from the dealer.

Tremendous DENALI Tremendous
By Michael Tornier on 12/02/04 16:03 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

What an unbelievable surprise. This truck rides better than Germans. More power and computer gadget controls than my so called "high tech BMW 7". Everything actually works like advertised, ride is good, brakes have been worked through very nicely for precise feel. Very proud this GMC is made in America. Would not have purchased otherwise, but very, very glad we did. Oustanding Quality Truck.

Great vehicle
By ClarksX4 on 11/13/04 10:48 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a proven package. Good old American V8 power. The leather is much nicer than the Armada's we were looking at, and the Denali is shorter and much nicer to drive.