2004 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
Load 'er up!
By TrackMan on 03/28/10 20:51 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Yukon 4x4 new, and I am content on keeping it. It delivers lots of power and is a very safe SUV to drive in all kinds of conditions. It will pull about anything you can hook up to it, yet will result in good fuel economy for something this big. In the past when I had to get a group of kids somewhere not far away, I had sometimes 18-20 kids in it (took to the side roads of course). Besides having a couple of small items go wrong, it has been pretty much a perfect vehicle. If you are looking for a load 'er up and go set of wheels, you won't go wrong with a Yukon!

Tough Truck
By Reckless Driver on 01/24/10 19:31 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it new. Been very tough on it, towing several tons through the 120° desert. In 2006 I put almost 50k miles on it. Survived some crashes, which, in a smaller car would have caused some major damage. In 2008 it started running funny, occasionally making some wierd sounds and smoke coming out the tailpipe. After it warmed up it was fine. Just recently, at 150k miles we found the problem. One of the valves is sticking. Also, at 130k miles the radiator and A/C began acting up, and it definitely has a leak. Now it makes terrible noises when the motor is cold, and idles at 500 RPM higher than normal under said condition. I feel it'll seize up in the next 10k miles, it's on it's last leg.

Do Everything SUV
By bacchus_mn on 03/04/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

If you need a rugged, go anywhere, tote your friends and family vehicle, then this is it. Very spacious, good performance for the size, and has a very sturdy feel to it. Although gas mileage is not good, I would hope anyone looking for a vehicle like this would consider gas mileage a priority. This vehicle has done great in MN's winter weather, and I've gone offroad in some tough spots and had no problems.

Great SUV
By DEA on 12/30/08 20:44 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this SUV with 2 miles on it. It has been a great car so far, we have driven on several long trips; using the third row as a sleeping area. When using the K&N air-filter in the winter sent two error codes to the computer. I switch back to the original filter and the check engin light went out. Great SUV rides great and looks great going down the road. Went through two set of tires before I foung out it was out of line. Dealer told me they just had to torque the torque bar

Excellent car!
By AMI PAPADOPULO on 08/27/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When my husband and I sat in the Denali, after test driving the Tahoe and Yukon, we exchanged knowing glance that this was "The Car", although it was more than we planned to spend. We both loved the ride and the feel of this vehicle. We agreed, this surpassed all the others. We had our 1st child, who fit into our Denali 22" life style well, then the unexpected happened. My husband died of a heart attack at 38. I still loved our Denali, however, I will not be needing all of the vehicle room I once thought. I chose a different cat, however, I will always be very fond of our Denali.

4 years and still loving it
By A Fan on 08/20/08 11:28 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this at employee discount price and worth every penny. In 4 years, have done nothing but routine oil changes, tire rotations, etc. Great ride, decent fuel economy for a car this big and with this much power. Looking for another one to replace my Nissan. Family requires the space and my wife and I both prefer the Yukon.

I love this car
By Love this vehicle! on 05/25/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I really love this car! I bought it new in 2004 and it has 82,000 miles on it now. The only things I do to it are regular oil changes and tire rotations. I also changed the tires at 50,000 miles. I do not care for the third row seating as it is a pain to climb over the second row. Also the power and acceleration are not that great. Otherwise I will buy another Yukon when I buy my next vehicle.

Great large SUV
By Great large SUV on 04/20/08 10:56 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought it as a lease return with 36K. 5.3L, AWD, 17" wheels. Wanted a Denali, but not the mileage. Surprisingly tight turning radius! Loaded with moonroof, Bose,DVD,etc. No surprises. Very comfortable, enough space for family, very good power. Suits me perfectly! Gets slightly better MPG than my '98 Blazer with V6. 100 more miles per tank.

Was not "Professionial Grade"
By ENG on 08/02/07 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This was our third and last Yukon. This one was a loaded SLT with a 49K price tag. Wifes car, never off the pavement. At 42K miles the transfer case failed. Was at dealer for 3 weeks. At 51K miles, transfer case noise,same problem,another new transfer case. Squeeks and rattles at 32K miles. Electricial issues since the first month. Vehicle loses all preset data. Tire air sensers fail constantly. I will not buy another one. Pathetic fuel economy, but will pull a house.

Owner
By Joe Floyd on 03/14/07 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The spare tire is a 16" tire. At 25,300 mile I had tire damage, drove 200 miles on spare with 17" regular tires. Had to repace all 4 tires due to being a AWD and 25M miles on 35M mile tires. Repaced spare with correct size. Contacted GM and received a reply of nothing. Out $875.00 for tires at 25M miles. How cheap will GM go on a $50,000 car? Please check this problem if you buy a GM AWD. They will not stand behind any mechanical problem that may occur. They could at least put the correct spare tire on these expensive cars.