Used 2003 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

2003 GMC Yukon

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

Yukon smooth ride
By jwf

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best riding vehicle I have ever owned. It is smooth, and the engine has lots of power. It comes with nice features and a lot of versatility. I really enjoy it. Like many folks, sometimes I wish the mileage was better, but I didn't buy it for the mileage. Nobody buys SUV's for the mileage! Sometimes people seem to forget that point.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, and the good sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Make OnStar more affordable. Maybe a user fee structure would be good.

3rd Denali--Getting Ready for 4th
By Stan Arnold

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My wife was used to driving cars...until I got her into a GMC Denali. Now I cannot get her out of this vehicle! All of the features and benefits. I have sunroof and captains chairs as options. Everything else is standard! No mechanical/warranty problems in the previous 3 I have owned.

Favorite Features

Multi-disc CD changer, Sunroof, powerful 6.0 Liter engine and captains chairs allowing the kids easy acess to the rear seat during car pools.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of!

Denali
By srt671

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I am very pleased with the towing capacity of my Denali. I am displeased with the interior, it seems cheap. I am also displeased with the dealerships not offering loaner cars when your 50k vehicle is in the shop. We have had a noise in the steering wheel every time you turn left. The thing is almost a year old and the problem is still not corrected. The trim on the dash is starting to flake off. But other than that we have been very happy with it. We will be trading it in in Jan. 05, We will not be getting another one. Looking at the Lexus, Escalde, and Navigator.

Favorite Features

Power, Heated front and rear seats,

Suggested Improvements

The rear seats need to fold into floor like the Navigator.

First Yukon and not the last
By freqmgr

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV has exceeded expectations. It handles very well (yes, we had another makers SUV before), has been totally reliable. The mileage meets or slightly exceeds what GM said to expect. Just an all around pleasure to drive. Now we need to find the free time to enjoy more road trips.

Favorite Features

Memory seating, XM radio, zoned AC.

Suggested Improvements

Not much, maybe a memory seat on the passenger side.

Denali -
By Dag

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck new in Feb 2003. Loved it for the first 500 miles, then it started falling apart, Everything has been repaired but it took numerous.. did I say numerious, I meant countless trips to the service dept. From 500 - 25000 nothing but service. From 25000 - Now. much better. Very nice look, sweet! Like it enought not to part with it yet, would't buy another one.

Favorite Features

Heated 2nd Row Captain Chairs, Turn Signals in mirrors, power folding mirrors. No blindspots. 6.0 V8

Suggested Improvements

51K should have more standard features, one touch power up windows, 3rd Row nice, but bulky if left up, not used.