2003 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
bad choice
By pbdrive on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

for the money, this is the worst investment you can make. the interior design is the same in the $30K yukon as the $52K denali, and looks and feels cheap. the denali is bulky, sways significantly with bumps, and the steering is so loose there is not the slightest feel of agility with this vehicle. further, i have had multitude of problems with the headlights not coming on, as well as problems with reduced engine power and stabilitrack. the navigation is cumbersome, and confusing and is not touchscreen (even the nav on the honda accord is touchscreen!)

just right
By bochev on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very solid, well built and functional vehicle. Smooth and refined engine even without the overhead cams and the extra valves. Has more than enough power to haul the whole family + guests to the ski slopes. Better than expected fuel economy for this kind of vehicle. I was impressed by the quiet and rattle free interior and the overall build quality, especially considering the experience we had with our 2001 RAV4 (a rattle in the dashbord since day 1, cargo area panel falling off, warped plastic mouldings on the doors and warped brake rotors in just first 3 months of ownership)

Great to Drive
By Joeagrant. on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Not since I had my 5.0 liter Mustang, have I sat around trying to think of places that I can drive to. I added a Gibson exhaust, and a AEM Brute Force intake. That gave it more power, and better gas milage. Adding a bug/stone deflecter decreased the mileage by 1 MPG.

GMC Yukon SLT FWD '03
By Doggone Great on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Well done, GMC. Much improved build quality. Plenty of power. Same mileage as my '93 K5. Smooth 4WD. almost too smooth.

Tough Service
By GA Yukon owner on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

One thing I've learned about owning this vehicle is that it's very difficult to repair. I have a strong feeling that the training manual at GMC says "if you can't hear it, nothing's wrong." The computer is a little screwy on this truck as well as the overdrive system. Transmission seems to struggle in bumper to bumper traffic. Also, beware the fuel mileage. This vehicle is a gas hog but that's what you do sacrifice for the power. I would recommend the vehicle but be careful about who services it. Very up to date vehicle but not to many up to date mechanics.

great vehicle
By TANDL on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We had a 2002 Toyota Seqouia with 800 miles with vibrations which from what I hear is not uncommon to the Seqouia. We purchased the GMC Yukon and we have had no problems at all so far. It rides like a Cadillac and the cabin is very quiet. We love the truck. TANDL

Love It!
By thorning on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just got a new '03, and so far I love it. I feel so safe in the Yukon's. Not to mention the $6000 rebate we received. It is so nice and luxurious.

Best SUV On The Road!!
By sledhead on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love mine! Tons of power, a smooth and quiet ride! I was a Ford man before this, but never again!! This one takes the cake in my book!

Black Onyx
By oburney on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Truely professional grade. Every positive comment made I have found to be absolutely true!

Denali
By LittleRockDenali on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very nice and comfortable ride.It is very roomy and stylish both inside and out.The average gas milage is about 16 MPG. Which is not too bad but far from economical.