Used 2003 GMC Yukon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

I'd only trade it for a newer one!
By Spoil Myself

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my '03 Yukon SLT 5.3L V8 2WD in 9/03 with 500 miles on it. Since the day I bought it, I've said that the only car I'd trade it for would be a newer version of the same vehicle. I now have >96K miles on my Yukon, & love it just as much. I drive 75 miles/day round-trip to work, & given the time I spend in my vehicle, wanted a car will all of the amenities--this has them! I've only ever had 2 things go wrong with it--the driver's seat warmer went out at 95K, & the fuel pump at around 60K miles. I've never had any other mechanical issue or service issues with local GM mechanics not being knowledgeable about my vehicle as reported by others.

Smooth ride, comfortable heated seats; Bose sound system with steering wheel controls; Sunroof; V8 engine's power; Interior room for my kids in their car-seats & anyone else who wants a ride; Self-dimming rearview and driver's side mirrors, computer display of instant fuel economy, captain's chairs

Fuel economy--18 mpg hwy & 16 mpg overall isn't bad at all for the power & size (especially since I have a heavy foot) but improving it would help the cost of owning this car. Flex fuel doesn't help cost, the fuel economy decreases when using E85. 3rd- row seats that fold flat in the floor.

Autoride is amazing!
By Chad

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Autoride is amazing! Black with 20" makes this a stand-out truck. Easy to operate and park in the city. Feels like your driving on glass, even on the roughest roads. GMC resales better than Ford or Tahoe.

Steering wheel controls, comfort, power, styling, second row captain chairs.This is a head turner with 20" rims folks!

Mileage, electronics are sub-standard,

Love My Yukon!
By My03Yukon

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Yukon brand new. I absolutely fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I knew I had to have it. It rides great, my kids are comfortable, & I'm comfortable driving it. The third row comes out, so when we have company from out of state we put the seats in and when it's just us we take the seats out. Mileage is good too.

Third row seat, captains chairs, and third row seat.

I had some trouble with the gas gauge, but GMC finally replaced it. My CD player never worked very well& that never got fixed but fortunately I have Sirius radio. I wish they would of put the seat heating on all the trucks. And the turn arrows on the mirrors.

Still love it!
By LEIF

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Yukon in 2004. It is now Jan 2008. I bought it as a primary vehicle. There are many things I like about it. 1) That third row seat is awesome. I can drive 6 people very comfortably. 2) It has great acceleration. One obviously cannot compare it to a two seater sports car but for its size, it is very quick... its a truck! 3) Take out the rear seats and my band can get a drum set, two big PA speakers, 2 half stacks, a bass rig, and amps and guitars and still have the passenger seat open for the girl! 4) One word to describe it is practical. I recently bought a lifted Ford F350 4X4 4 door with all the bells and whistles. Was gonna sell the Yukon. I will be selling the Ford.

I like how I haven't had to get new tires yet. People are comfortable in it. Body style still looks nice after 5 years. Smooth driving... feel like I'm in a Caddy.

Little wiggle in the steering, but I took it to dealer and they knew what it was and fixed it for free.

Seasoned owner
By a littleman

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Have driven through snow, desert, heavy rain and wind - vehicle is everything we thought it would be - dependable, comfortable, roomy, great sound system, power, etc. Gas mileage is not what one can find in crossovers - but this is a true, solid SUV - one of the last with metal bumpers.