2003 GMC Yukon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:
2003 Denali Is Great I Have Owned 3.....
By Lewis on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 Denali's over the years, and the vehicle is great and I have never had any problems. The 2003 has a lot of new features that made me trade my 2002 in, with only 11,000 miles on it!

YUKON 2003 AMERICAN CARS ARE BACK!!!!
By SFLA on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Forget about my 2002 BMW, this new Yukon for 37,000 dollars out the door is unreal. Fit and finish is quite good. Ride is better than could have imagined. Seating is very comfortable with the lumbar and leather. Steering wheel controls for XM SATELLITE 100 some odd stations is AWESOME. This truck is fabulous.

2002 Pros & Cons experienced from owner
By Rhett on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle is nice but is noisy when running without actually driving. Also I have noticed bolts on the bottom of vehicle (axle area) have started rusting after less than two months.

Best I've Had
By jcfiii on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven the Lexus LX470, the Ford Expedition (Eddie Bauer), the Mercedes M430, and the BMW X5. I like the GMC over these (although the Lexus was also pretty nice) for several reasons. Power (Vortec 6000 is 320 hp at useful rpm), handling (the tightest turning SUV in the size), large interior carrying space, the Bose stereo kicks, and external looks. Also, the interior finish goes head to head with any other major SUV, and has OnStar as an advantage. Don't buy this SUV for gas efficiency however (as goes for any full size SUV) - this is a conscious trade off that must be made.

great car
By Gilbert on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this car is the best car i ever drove it is a smooth ride powerful and its looks great

glad I waited!
By mariah51 on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2003 Yukon was worth the wait! Every aspect of this vehicle has been well considered. The three individual automatic temperature controls, the steering wheel controls, the comfort, 17 mpg so far in the city with the 5.3L! I am very satisfied and glad I didn't grab a 02 for 0%!

the ultimate rock
By sami fargo on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very comfortable, handles great. love taking it up the mountain to go skiing

Thirsty SUV
By Spaceinvader on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Why can't GMC build a more fuel efficient engine? I only get 12 to 13 MPG in the city. Also, the truck has numorous rattles in the first three months. The dealer can't seem to fix the problem. Poor build quality for a vehicle in this price range. I will not by another GM product, unless things improve dramatically!

Carried-over suv
By pedorguze on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Yukon '02 owner. This '03 is a good carried-over from Yukon '02. That can't be better than current model. But as many said that GMC should do much up the customer services that should be provided well from its worldwide dealers from now.